What did you do to the motorcycle today?

General questions not related to any bike specifically.
Every day questions, batteries, oil, spark plugs, etc. etc!
Think if it as the, Motorcycle Chit Chat Channel.
old time rider
Back on the Road
My Bike: 650Vstrom

Re: What did you do to the motorcycle today?

Post by old time rider »

Good job Lechy [emoji106] .You small slim guys make a 800 look just right.
Kid cop about anyone would look old next to you! Bet some ask you for a ID when you pull them over and think you will show a boy scout member card? :cheers: The last cop that pulled me over for speeding,a kid allso,said"Ain't you a little old to be doing this?" He was cool and let me go with a "slow it down"and no ticket. :putput: Guess me and his granddad may have rode motorcycles some way back?That has been brought up when pulled over before!

old time rider
Back on the Road

Post by old time rider »

Took fast off bat wing off roadstar and lowers.Nice long ride on back roads and 79 temp sure felt nice .Summer gloves and all vents open on light Klim jacket.Half helmet and lots of air felt good. :putput:

Lechy
Joined a 1000cc Club
My Bike: VS800 Honda Phantom 200

Post by Lechy »

Bare concrete looked like shit so I had tiles installed. They are outside flooring tiles but still "slippy when wet". Marble flooring inside the house.
Not expensive to have done over here.
[emoji41]
Grow old disgracefully young man.

old time rider
Back on the Road

Post by old time rider »

50 percent rain for rain but did not get wet to and from Danville to meet old coots.Three of us went to the 76 year old x motorcycle dealers house we all are good friends with. He is doing so much better with his health issues now. [emoji106] He was working on his chopped 40 chevy pu I have posted pics of and his so nice 34 next to it is as near perfect as any 30s street rod you will see that is driven never hauled to meets and shows.Then a stop at bank and rolled in a few minutes ago still dry.All ready a good day. :putput:

old time rider
Back on the Road

Post by old time rider »

Took a nice ride on old RoadStar on a bunch of back roads in third gear most the time.All most no traffic at 3PM and soakin in the sun. :putput: Tax guy just stopped in for me to sign papers and checks.Have to pay feds $5,012 and get back $2,348 from state. Not great but not too bad.Wife came into some extra last year not claimed.

Lechy
Joined a 1000cc Club

Post by Lechy »

No riding for me for the next 4 days. It's Songkran the worlds biggest water fight it gets bloody crazy.

[youtube][/youtube]

[emoji41]

old time rider
Back on the Road

Post by old time rider »

So nice when roll out at 7:30 AM to meet old coots in Danville,Ky.. Had to take someone to pick up a new car so did not get another ride till 5:30PM when I went to the second Bike Night week.75 degrees and perfect [emoji106] .About 40 Harleys and japan and Triumph makes up ten more.Everyone and his brother has a Harley now [emoji2] .Rode with a friend that was on his 650 Triumph scrambler to a speed shop because he did not know where it was at. Ten vettes and seven camaros being hopped up .Lots better time and rides than my only one last week turn out at bike night. Hope they become big like last year. :putput:

old time rider
Back on the Road

Post by old time rider »

Mowed the yard again as guy next door did :fubird: .Then took a long ride on old RoadStar.Last night my friend the street rod builder said he may take my offer of the RoadStar to go through my 37 to make it fit to do day trips again instead of the just a few miles at a time to close cruise ins last few years.Thin the stable and enjoy the old truck some more while still able. :cheers: Some new wiring,brakes,fuel pump,freeze plugs,tranny over haul or five speed,etc.

old time rider
Back on the Road

Post by old time rider »

Nice ride to Danville to Old Coots meeting.Kind of like Red Green on motorcycles. [emoji106] Rain moves in Sunday but temps still warm ,if as forcast. :cheers:

old time rider
Back on the Road

Post by old time rider »

Got a two hour no rain break and wife got behind and we went to two grave yards and a bunch of back roads.Nice slow ride and two old people in the sun. :putput:

old time rider
Back on the Road

Post by old time rider »

Got a needed ride in before dark on the C50 yesterday after checking tp. Rode Vstrom to meet old coots this AM. A little cooler at 69 but still great. Skys going from clouds to sun and back but no rain yet. [emoji106] :putput:

Lechy
Joined a 1000cc Club

Post by Lechy »

Need to re-title this thread to " Old Time Rider's Almanac".

:lmao: :cheers: [emoji41]

Baysideintruder
Practicing Bicycling
My Bike: 1992 VS 800

Post by Baysideintruder »

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

old time rider
Back on the Road

Post by old time rider »

Who rode today and who needs a ride would be good. :cheers:

navigator
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: VS800

Post by navigator »

I rode today, it was awesome.

old time rider
Back on the Road

Post by old time rider »

Actual Rider almanac [emoji2] Rode RoadStar yesterday and Vstrom to meet old coots and mc shop stop.
Had some unwanted stuff last night. At 10:45PM hear a loud ATV type go by. Gun club over the hill and they often ride side by sides and ATVs at all hours.Hear it rev up and then hear it running at the closer than most country home next to me. Go to my back mud room and look out window and see tail lights.One looks high and one real low.Crash bar was tall one I think.Then the phone by back door rings and gal next door can barley talk and tells me "It flipped and can not get a answer!"She was scared to go to it so grab a flash light and run in road to it.Its on its right side bottom facing us and still running the left tail light was what I saw as crash bar light.
I yell loud but no reply and as I get around and in between it and fence see the poor guy has his head below the old wire fence and on other side.He had not had his seat belt on in the side by side.I yell back to gal "911 now!"More cars/trucks stop and I tell all"Do not move him till better helps comes.We may hurt him bad if we move his neck." First real help comes and after getting next to him can not find a pulse.He tells us"I will hold his neck and you all pull his feet till back on the road". After on the road he tells one of his friends to hold his head and not let it move.He finds a faint pulse and then it goes away.He starts working on him non stop till the big rigs roll in and they put him on a board and inside.Looks like a ER room watching from out side.Law rolls in and after others telling him I was first to see him he wants me to talk and walk with him back to fence.
Tell him no beer smell at all but we both think belt was never in use.It had a nice race car looking belt set up.When they leave all think he is dead.Still no pulse and blood had came out the ears. Then after getting home this AM hear he is in Lexington,Ky.They got a pulse after over a hour of work and sent him to big place.Got a call at 4PM that they pulled the plug as brain waves were gone.Feel cop was right about the big belt set up not being used killed him.It was a friends rig and so fast he wanted to try it to see if he wanted a up grade.

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

The new windshield plastic came today. Now I have to install it.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

old time rider
Back on the Road

Post by old time rider »

Rode the big old dump truck 1600 Road Star yesterday and hit the only shower we had all day :bonk: .Heavy rain this AM on ride to Danville,Ky. and still same on way back. More called for Sunday but middle of next week looks better.Need to sign up for the Burksville,Ky.rally. $10 off for pre and sure of right T size.Its a mostly BMW meet but been going to it for years. :cheers:

ecbaatz
Studying MC Handbook
My Bike: 1996 Suzuki VS1400 Intruder

Post by ecbaatz »

Washed the bike yesterday after a 90 mile ride.
Eric
EM1(SS) Retired
Any day is a good day to ride!

old time rider
Back on the Road

Post by old time rider »

Rode the 1600 Sunday and Monday. This AM rode the Vstrom to meet old coots .Crisp 50 and clouds but Sun and 79 called for today. [emoji106]