Where is the Darkside forum

General questions not related to any bike specifically.
Every day questions, batteries, oil, spark plugs, etc. etc!
Think if it as the, Motorcycle Chit Chat Channel.
hillsy
Joined a 1200cc Club

Re: Where is the Darkside forum

Post by hillsy »

BlacktopTravelr wrote:ok, here's my problem with a DS tire. I can't get the beads to seat properly, add to that the fact I can't find anyone willing to put enough air in the tire to pop the bead over the lip holding it back. :bang: I guess the next time I try to pt the tire on I will use the trusty WD-40 and see if that works better than the Dawn dish soap. I think I used WD-40 the last time and it seated with just 70 lbs of air in the tire instead of the 110 lbs I normally used. :bonk:
I've used Windex to seat the bead in some tyres recently and it works pretty well. It evaporates and leaves little residue unlike WD40 or other water displacement fluids.

Also a good idea to heat up the tyre as well - don't know what the weather is like where you are but if you can put 50lbs in the tyre and leave it in the sun I've heard that's worked for a lot of people. Also make sure the rim / lip is super clean / polished.

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Stolen 1-7-15 Returned 1-21-15

Re: Where is the Darkside forum

Post by BlacktopTravelr »

I know I am real late getting back to this, but chit happens. Since the insurance has elapsed on the 800 and I'm not in a hurry to put it back on, the tire has sort of taken a backseat to other things. I will be watching the weather to see if it gets back into the 60's anytime soon. If it does I'll be trying the WD-40 thing and 60 to 70 PSI hoping it pops on. [emoji106] [space] :cheers: [space] :XmasTree:
:putput: (putt putt putt)
90 to 95% of my replies are for my own entertainment :space: :XmasTree: