I'm thinking of selling my BOLT...

General questions not related to any bike specifically.
Every day questions, batteries, oil, spark plugs, etc. etc!
Think if it as the, Motorcycle Chit Chat Channel.
tabasco
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: VL1500 C90T + VS1400 Intruder

Re: I'm thinking of selling my BOLT...

Post by tabasco »

Wow, I totally missed this thread.
Congrats on your new bike, Frodonald ... but I thought you really loved that BOLT.

old time rider
Back on the Road
My Bike: 650Vstrom

Post by old time rider »

Don is even older than me and when rolling my 1700 out of the barn yesterday it hit me.I am sure that even though I really like this bike and my FLST-N that I will never buy a new bike that big again.I feel so much older at 70 than I did even at 65 on the Alaska trip.Still love motorcycles more than most but lighter is sure the way to go from now on. [emoji106] Age is a fact and do what we can to feel younger but it still just keeps coming we hope.My dad was really in good shape till his last year at 89.Can see my self riding a 250 at that age if as good as him and that sounds good to keep riding.

VictourGlP1400
Practicing Bicycling
My Bike: Suzuki Intruder 1400

Post by VictourGlP1400 »

Wow! Guys feel your pain. I am 73 and bought this 1400 to have something to do but with heart problems. I about bit off more than I can do. 98 1400 14,000 Actual garage kept miles. unfinished want to trade for 500 lb 650 of some cruiser type! Gotta ride no matter what! need post pics instructions?

Elsie rider
Riding on Learners Permit
My Bike: HD Triglide

Post by Elsie rider »

frodo wrote:I finally realized what a "harsh" ride I was getting from my BOLT and what a great copy of a Sportster it is with the same lousy suspension. At 78 years old I deserve something more "plush" if ya know what I mean. My favorite motorcycle is a Roadking, but I can't even get it off the side stand.
This afternoon I''m going down to my Suzuki dealer and take a look at a nice small "fatbike" yup you guessed it...another C-50. I know it's a slug, but at my present age and condition I think we will get along just fine... :bow:

the old Volusia was called slowlusia....the newer C50's were a bit more peppy and better torgue. Nice looing machine.

can you get on a Burgman 650 easy to hold up and fast as Hell I loved that 650 scooter ....

old time rider
Back on the Road
My Bike: 650Vstrom

Post by old time rider »

Had no idea you were older than me! Had two sportsters and liked them solo as good as my four big Harleys on trips. Got a C50 and after putting over 30,000 on it like the sportster better on trips on any kind of four lanes or over 65mph.Rode the C50 to Savanna and back and interstate at 80mph it sounded like 100 on the sportster.Geared way too low.Takes it but don't like it .Nice for slow easy rides. Have rode Burgmans in ride trades on day trips and the 650 is a great four lane bike IMO. I thought you had one? :putput: