Highway pegs for comfort

General questions not related to any bike specifically.
Every day questions, batteries, oil, spark plugs, etc. etc!
Think if it as the, Motorcycle Chit Chat Channel.
Leckbass
Got My M1 License!
My Bike: 1992 Intruder 1400

Highway pegs for comfort

Post by Leckbass »

Where should the highway pegs be located to make the most comfortable ride? How should my legs be? Should the back of my foot rest on the peg? Should my knees be bent or straight?

I just put a set on my bike and do not feel comfortable using them at all yet.

scootermcq
Joined a 250cc Club
My Bike: VS1400 + VL1500

Re: Highway pegs for comfort

Post by scootermcq »

When I first got my bike the pegs were mounted high. They were too close and too high. I actually found my hamstrings hurt. The problem was I couldn't drop them because of the severe angle on the highway bars.

So I got the Kuryakyn Offsets and I was able to position them further away and lower.

Something like this gives you much more flexibility in playing with your placement of the pegs.
Scott

old time rider
Back on the Road
My Bike: 650Vstrom

Post by old time rider »

IMO the more places to move your feet and legs the more 600+ days in a row are not bad.Give me a low bar and one set of pegs under me so I can stand.Some sort of cheap front road bar or pegs are nice to lay back cruiser style.I often throw my leg or both legs at once up high over the high crash bars on the V-strom for awhile.What ever makes you feel better and not worn out at end of day do it!Who was the real tall guy on the other board that had his really long road bar on his 1400?He was above Kentucky and maybe even canknucle land. :cheers:

Leckbass
Got My M1 License!
My Bike: 1992 Intruder 1400

Post by Leckbass »

I moved them around so far a few different ways, still tying to find that sweet spot.

Night_Wolf
Scooter Enthusiast
My Bike: 2006 1400 Intruder

Post by Night_Wolf »

old time rider wrote:!Who was the real tall guy on the other board that had his really long road bar on his 1400?He was above Kentucky and maybe even canknucle land. :cheers:
Think that would have been Intruder from Saskatchewan, Canada
Type @ Ya'll Later
Night_Wolf

Intruder Alert Canada/Night_Wolf's Lair

Alberta Adventure Riders

2006 VS1400 Image 2020 V85TT Image

WintrSol
Joined a 450cc Club
My Bike: CB450 GL1500CT

Post by WintrSol »

I changed the pegs to Kurys, just like Scott, and for the same reason. I like my knees a bit lower than my behind, like sitting in an easy chair. The adjustability allowed me to find my sweet spot. I also added a ProTac back rest, as putting my feet up put more weight on my arms, and the back rest fixed that; no passengers with the back rest installed, but it is removable. For variation, I sometimes rested my heels on the hwy pegs, just to straighten my knees more.
Florissant, MO
CB450K3, GL1500CTValkyrie

old time rider
Back on the Road
My Bike: 650Vstrom

Post by old time rider »

Night wolf and others of you have had or still have Vstroms as one of your bikes.Mine is four years old now with lots of trips on it and over 52,000 miles.The longest the 10,300 DeadHorse trip.Most of us that ever do gravel have the high side motor guard tubes.I often throw a leg over left and right,lock the throttle and hold mirror tops like ape hangers for awhile on four lanes.Standing up is so right on them allso and do that more than any moves.Another is to put feet on rear pegs and lay on tank bag and behind the small shield in real cold weather like in my old sport bike days.It is as good a solo tour bike as any ever owned my me.Had six harleys ,1400,lots of suzuki fours,Virago,and a Nomad that all saw out of state rides but the Nomad was by far the best two up long haul owned.Last Aug the 900+ day back from Calorado on the little 650 Vstrom and me 69 made me see how good these little things are.Just go lighter as you become older and still ride all day :cheers: .

Sentient1
Tricycles are Cool
My Bike: Intruder VS1400

Post by Sentient1 »

Another vote here for the offsets. They let me stretch out further and find a comfortable position that just regular highway pegs would not have allowed.