Thunder Monster vs lollipops

General questions not related to any bike specifically.
Every day questions, batteries, oil, spark plugs, etc. etc!
Think if it as the, Motorcycle Chit Chat Channel.
Leckbass
Got My M1 License!
My Bike: 1992 Intruder 1400

Thunder Monster vs lollipops

Post by Leckbass »

I have cobra slip ons right now, but have been reading threads on about making exhaust pipes from the chrome tubes pmz-012.

What would be the difference in making lollipops versus putting in thunder monster baffles?

I like my pipes right now, but I'm always thinking how to get a lower deeper exhaust sound. Not necessarily louder, but that is ok too.

Leckbass
Got My M1 License!

Re: Thunder Monster vs lollipops

Post by Leckbass »

Bike looks and sounds great

Leckbass
Got My M1 License!

Post by Leckbass »

How far down in the pipe did you install the baffle?

Leckbass
Got My M1 License!

Post by Leckbass »

Just for shits and giggles, I may build the new set of pipes, I'll stick with lollipops first, then if I don't like it I can go to the thunder monsters, for 30 bucks, why not?

fordtruck95
Tricycles are Cool
My Bike: 2001 vs 1400 intruder

Post by fordtruck95 »

I bought some tail pipe from the parts store painted them black and put chrome turn downs on my 2001 1400 intruder they sound great have good power and look good for 50 bucks lol. But can't figure out the speed limiter. I would post a pic but haven't figured out how yet.

Plus1
Tricycles are Cool
My Bike: 05 s83 trike

Post by Plus1 »

fordtruck95 wrote:I bought some tail pipe from the parts store painted them black and put chrome turn downs on my 2001 1400 intruder they sound great have good power and look good for 50 bucks lol. But can't figure out the speed limiter. I would post a pic but haven't figured out how yet.
I had to do my exhaust the same way due to the trike rear end. I read several posts from the IA back when it was up that said to place the lollipop at least 3 inches from the end of the exit. I welded some washers as close as I could get them to the desired length and it cut out almost all of the popping and on the plus side I didn't have to rejet the carbs.