1400?

General questions not related to any bike specifically.
Every day questions, batteries, oil, spark plugs, etc. etc!
Think if it as the, Motorcycle Chit Chat Channel.
alebal
Practicing Bicycling
My Bike: vs700 86

1400?

Post by alebal »

hi guys, there would be this beast to save, it has been standing here for a while because some parts were sent to be repaired (like the starter motor) and they never came back.

We're not even sure what model it is, and vim isn't very helpful, I just managed to find out that it's supposed to be an '85.

From the size of the engine and the fact that it has 4 cylinders, I think it's the 1400.

Can you help us understand which model it is to start looking for parts?

(we are in the dominican republic, parts don't exist here and they have to be bought in america, shipped to miami and then here for an exorbitant price... this would be more a rescue mission than a restoration, so if anyone has parts that don't needs, we gladly take them)

(it would be really nice to put this beast back on the road)

sgtcall
LICENSE SUSPENDED!
My Bike: Triumph Bonneville Speedmaster

Re: 1400?

Post by sgtcall »

I don't think that is a VS1400 Intruder. I am not sure but it may be a GV 1200.
If you have any type of electrical issue, have your battery load tested before you do anything else. Any auto parts store will test it for free.

sgtcall
LICENSE SUSPENDED!
My Bike: Triumph Bonneville Speedmaster

Re: 1400?

Post by sgtcall »

A direct response to the ‘mega-cruiser’ Honda Magna, the Suzuki Madura was all about one-upmanship. Honda called their Magna an 1100, so the Madura was called a 1200, even if the engine was actually 1165cc. Honda rated the Magna at 116hp, Suzuki rated the Madura at…117 horsepower. You get the idea. Either way, it was a rare (5,099 produced over two years) bike that competed against the Magna and of course, the Yamaha V-Max.

https://www.bike-urious.com/1985-suzuki ... gv1200glf/
If you have any type of electrical issue, have your battery load tested before you do anything else. Any auto parts store will test it for free.