Gearshift / Brake Arms

General questions not related to any bike specifically.
Every day questions, batteries, oil, spark plugs, etc. etc!
Think if it as the, Motorcycle Chit Chat Channel.
YetisDevin
Tricycles are Cool
My Bike: 1993 Suzuki Intruder VS800

Gearshift / Brake Arms

Post by YetisDevin »

Hey all,

I’m new here, and curious if anyone has ever swapped out their gearshift or brake arm foot controls on a VS800? My shift arm in particular seems short, and I’m always having to point my toe down at an uncomfortable angle to get my boot under it to upshift. I’ve lifted the stock one as much as I can, but I can’t go any higher without upshifting being blocked due to the engine case.

I’ve been scouring the internet but can’t seem to find anything helpful. It looks like it’d be easy to swap a longer shift arm on, but I can’t seem to find one that is a confirmed fit. Seems there’s even less hope for the rear brake pedal.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you!
:rock:

FallenAngel
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: Suzuki Intruder 1400

Re: Gearshift / Brake Arms

Post by FallenAngel »

YetisDevin wrote:Hey all,

I’m new here, and curious if anyone has ever swapped out their gearshift or brake arm foot controls on a VS800? My shift arm in particular seems short, and I’m always having to point my toe down at an uncomfortable angle to get my boot under it to upshift. I’ve lifted the stock one as much as I can, but I can’t go any higher without upshifting being blocked due to the engine case.

I’ve been scouring the internet but can’t seem to find anything helpful. It looks like it’d be easy to swap a longer shift arm on, but I can’t seem to find one that is a confirmed fit. Seems there’s even less hope for the rear brake pedal.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you!
A buddy made new controls ,heal toe shiftier, and extended his brake pedal
Fond this at E Bay
https://www.ebay.com/i/333378609814?chn ... -tEALw_wcB

Onedea
http://www.oneidasuzuki.com/store/parts ... vl800.html

You could make a plate and some rod to move the controls forward, someone here did that
Or maybe forward controls may be an option?

navigator
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: VS800

Re: Gearshift / Brake Arms

Post by navigator »

Instead of putting your boot under the shifter , try using the side of your boot and catching the shifter with the top of the sole hanging out.
Works for me. [emoji106]