Clutch Issues

General questions not related to any bike specifically.
Every day questions, batteries, oil, spark plugs, etc. etc!
Think if it as the, Motorcycle Chit Chat Channel.
Wikiddude
Tricycles are Cool
My Bike: 1995 VS1400 GLPH

Clutch Issues

Post by Wikiddude »

Let me start by apologizing for creating a new thread when something may exist already, I have not been able to find a thread that pertains to what I am dealing with on my 1995 VS1400 4 Speed

The symptoms: My bike will be in gear and under hard acceleration start to sound like she is spinning but not putting the power through the transmission. Similar to how a boat under hard acceleration might begin to cavitate, this sounds like a clutch issue. I have bled the clutch line completely to ensure that there is fresh fluid and no air in the system.

My next step is going to be to swap out the clutch oil seal because I feel like a 24 year old rubber seal could be fairly complicit when it comes to this matter.

My question is whether or not any avid fans/riders of the bike have noticed any similar issues and if so what did they do to resolve them.

1995 VS1400

WintrSol
Joined a 450cc Club
My Bike: CB450 GL1500CT

Re: Clutch Issues

Post by WintrSol »

This is a frequent problem with Intruders - the clutch springs weaken over time, and don't hold the clutch well. For the 1400, many contact a contributor named Designer; just search for Designer springs.
Florissant, MO
CB450K3, GL1500CTValkyrie