Quick engine condition test

General questions not related to any bike specifically.
Every day questions, batteries, oil, spark plugs, etc. etc!
Think if it as the, Motorcycle Chit Chat Channel.
Fred
WHEELIES R FUN!
My Bike: VS 1400. Royal Enfield

Quick engine condition test

Post by Fred »

Run the engine till warm, let it idle and while it is idling hit the kill switch so stopping the engine.

Watch the red oil light and see how long it takes to come on.

You cant do this with the ign as that switches off the lights. The ign must be left on.

A light that flickers at idle is not good. a light that takes a few seconds or just one second is normal.

See how long YOUR bikes oil pressure warning light takes to light up.

navigator
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: VS800

Re: Quick engine condition test

Post by navigator »

Plagiarism.

hillsy
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by hillsy »

navigator wrote:Plagiarism.

The other one would have been as well.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Post by Designer »

:funnylast: [space] hillsy Finally,...'hit's the jack pot' ! [emoji106]

He is correct for the first time in a LONG time! :clap: [space] Go out and celebrate! :cheers:

Rather than engage Fraud here in yet another one of his endless defensive bicker-fests (as was seen in another Thread recently) about what his,..'test'...is really testing,.......I thought it better to start a Thread that takes his...'procedure'...and shows us all what it ends up REALLY testing. ;)

Let Peace Reign Supreme :bow:

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!

hillsy
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by hillsy »

Designer wrote::funnylast: [space] hillsy Finally,...'hit's the jack pot' ! [emoji106]

He is correct for the first time in a LONG time! :clap: [space] Go out and celebrate! :cheers:

Rather than engage Fraud here in yet another one of his endless defensive bicker-fests (as was seen in another Thread recently) about what his,..'test'...is really testing,.......I thought it better to start a Thread that takes his...'procedure'...and shows us all what it ends up REALLY testing. ;)

Let Peace Reign Supreme :bow:
Apologies - I thought your thread was the first one.

This is still a good idea if you are looking at a bike to buy though - just another thing to do to quickly assess if there are any red flags. Like checking to see if the headlight goes brighter when the bike is revved - which shows you it is charging to some degree.

Both tests are nowhere near conclusive or extensive but are good things to do as a first up.

Fred
WHEELIES R FUN!

Post by Fred »

Designer wrote::funnylast: [space] hillsy Finally,...'hit's the jack pot' ! [emoji106]

I described the test in the most simple way I could . I did not in my wildest imagination think that some one would not know what it was testing.

Does any one need it explaining besides Designer ?

And WTF is Navigator on about plagiarism ???? proof ---posts---threads.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

hillsy wrote:Apologies - I thought your thread was the first one.

This is still a good idea if you are looking at a bike to buy though - just another thing to do to quickly assess if there are any red flags. Like checking to see if the headlight goes brighter when the bike is revved - which shows you it is charging to some degree.

Both tests are nowhere near conclusive or extensive but are good things to do as a first up.
Yes, This... 'test',..using the Oil Pressure Light....'might'...indicate something about the Motor.

My point is,...in reality,,... it really only tests the Oil Pressure Sensor. Because if that unit is defective, you can get similar results as what is depicted in the OP....the Motor being just fine! ;IDunno:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS

hillsy
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by hillsy »

Fred wrote:
And WTF is Navigator on about plagiarism ???? proof ---posts---threads.
He got it the wrong way round (like I did).

Delusioner cut n pasted your thread and called it "A Quick Oil Pressure Sensor Condition Test"

So Delusioner is the plagiarist.

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

The only way he can make a post that is good advice.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

hillsy
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by hillsy »

Herb wrote:
The only way he can make a post that is good advice.
How the fuck would you know? You cant see them anyway Herb...... :lmao:

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

hillsy wrote:He got it the wrong way round (like I did).

Designer cut n pasted your thread and called it "A Quick Oil Pressure Sensor Condition Test"

Which is indeed all that this,..'test'..really does test. :Umm:

FallenAngel
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: Suzuki Intruder 1400

Post by FallenAngel »

Fred wrote:Run the engine till warm, let it idle and while it is idling hit the kill switch so stopping the engine.

You cant do this with the ign as that switches off the lights. The ign must be left on.

A light that flickers at idle is not good. a light that takes a few seconds or just one second is normal.

LOL And then what??
Designer wrote: Which is indeed all that this,..'test'..really does test. :Umm:
Yep
The idiot light only lets you know you have a problem
Turning on the ignition The light should illuminate if it lights Test over
After starting the engine The light should turn off Test over
If it dosnt Illuminate when the ignition is turned on You have a problem Test over Recommend diagnostic
If the light fails to turn off after starting the engine Then you have a problem Test Over recommend Diagnostic

Watching how long it takes the light to turn off after turning the engine with the kill switch redundant
Using an oil pressure gauge is the best and proper way of checking your "Oiling system Condition".
Using a gauge You can watch how long it takes to build pressure What the Oil pressure is Cold and After warm up Hot and watch bleed off
You wont get this information with an Idiot light

Fred
WHEELIES R FUN!

Post by Fred »

FallenAngel wrote:
Fred wrote:Run the engine till warm, let it idle and while it is idling hit the kill switch so stopping the engine.

LOL And then what??
Designer wrote: Which is indeed all that this,..'test'..really does test. :Umm:
Yep
The idiot light only lets you know you have a problem
Turning on the ignition The light should illuminate if it lights Test over
After starting the engine The light should turn off Test over
If it dosnt Illuminate when the ignition is turned on You have a problem Test over Recommend diagnostic
If the light fails to turn off after starting the engine Then you have a problem Test Over recommend Diagnostic

Watching how long it takes the light to turn off after turning the engine with the kill switch redundant
Using an oil pressure gauge is the best and proper way of checking your "Oiling system Condition".
Using a gauge You can watch how long it takes to build pressure What the Oil pressure is Cold and After warm up Hot and watch bleed off
You wont get this information with an Idiot light
Oh dear oh dear. So you go to a bike shop to look at a bike for sale and you say just a minute im going to remove the switch from your oil pressure system and make some tests. Do you think he will say fuck off or go away you moron.

I expected more from you than that I think you can be my little faggot face again.

FallenAngel
Joined a 950cc Club

Post by FallenAngel »

Fred wrote: Oh dear oh dear. So you go to a bike shop to look at a bike for sale and you say just a minute im going to remove the switch from your oil pressure system and make some tests. Do you think he will say fuck off or go away you moron.

I expected more from you than that I think you can be my little faggot face again.
So I go to a bike shop to look at a bike for sale
The OR That is You Fred never said anything about
"When you go to a bike shop to look at a bike for sale Watch the Idiot Light"
And Yes If I see a problem with any part of the information center on anything I am interested I will do some tests Or the price will be reduced. If not I wont Purchase it
Fred wrote: I think you can be my little faggot face again.
Fred I am not your type

Hang On I have to go answer a question

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

FallenAngel wrote:
Fred wrote: Oh dear oh dear. So you go to a bike shop to look at a bike for sale and you say just a minute im going to remove the switch from your oil pressure system and make some tests. Do you think he will say fuck off or go away you moron.

And Yes If I see a problem with any part of the information center on anything I am interested I will do some tests Or the price will be reduced. If not I wont Purchase it
Fred I am not your type

Looks like we have yet another one of Fraud's Bizarre Rantings going on. :Umm:

Whenever his Self-appointed 'notion' that,..."he is a professional mechanic so whatever he says is right",...gets challenged,...he spews off his sub-mature-adult nastiness and uncouth language.

As we have seen recently,...him Spewing such Vile, Despicable Personal Name-calling Attack only CONFIRMS that he is wrong. ;IDunno:

Fred
WHEELIES R FUN!

Post by Fred »

Designer wrote:
FallenAngel wrote:

Fred I am not your type

Looks like we have yet another one of Fraud's Bizarre Rantings going on. :Umm:

Whenever his Self-appointed 'notion' that,..."he is a professional mechanic so whatever he says is right",...gets challenged,...he spews off his sub-mature-adult nastiness and uncouth language.

As we have seen recently,...him Spewing such Vile, Despicable Personal Name-calling Attack only CONFIRMS that he is wrong. ;IDunno:
Oh Oh I think we have 2 faggots here holding hands. Yes I am a professional mechanic --finally we got that right, not really what I wanted to be but its all I am. I would have liked to be a pilot but I cant lie. Im just not smart enough,--- just smart enough to be a mechanic thats all.

I dread to think how dumb you must be if you cant make it as a mechanic and you have to clean dog shit all day. Geeez.

FallenAngel
Joined a 950cc Club

Post by FallenAngel »

Its like herding cats Talking to Fred
He is constitutionally incapable of having a stable conversation
He goes one way then you go the same way then he goes another Then another Then another
Face Book Puppy Pumper Changed his Oil
LOL

FallenAngel
Joined a 950cc Club

Post by FallenAngel »

Fred wrote: I would have liked to be a pilot but I cant lie. Im just not smart enough,-.
Oh Fred You poor Poor Simpleton
LOL
Im a Pilot
Should have said Race Car Driver
Oh Ya Done that to
Oh Scuba Diver
Oops Done that aswell

Fred
WHEELIES R FUN!

Post by Fred »

FallenAngel wrote:Its like herding cats Talking to Fred
He is constitutionally incapable of having a stable conversation
He goes one way then you go the same way then he goes another Then another Then another
Face Book Puppy Pumper Changed his Oil
LOL
Boring am I not,----you---errmmm.

Never mind if you cant keep up, off up the little wooden hill to bed,Bye.

Well done faggot face you did your best.

Fred
WHEELIES R FUN!

Post by Fred »

FallenAngel wrote:
Fred wrote: I would have liked to be a pilot but I cant lie. Im just not smart enough,-.
Oh Fred You poor Poor Simpleton
LOL
Im a Pilot
Should have said Race Car Driver
Oh Ya Done that to
Oh Scuba Diver
Oops Done that aswell
Thats great but I would rather be really good at one job than a shit head at many.

A jack of all master of none.