vs 1400 95=h.d.

General questions not related to any bike specifically.
Every day questions, batteries, oil, spark plugs, etc. etc!
Think if it as the, Motorcycle Chit Chat Channel.
dvlkliss
Studying MC Handbook
My Bike: vs1400 1995

vs 1400 95=h.d.

Post by dvlkliss »

what is the best equal bike in harley for a vs 1400 95, for custom parts :donno:

old time rider
Back on the Road
My Bike: 650Vstrom

Re: vs 1400 95=h.d.

Post by old time rider »

ImageThis is my first year 1984 FXST softtail.It felt more like my 1996 1400 on the road than any of my Harleys. Body parts look all most the same through 1999.Have seen lots of Harley parts on japan choppers that looked better IMO with a little work on brackets etc than most custom parts.This bike was stock but for pipes and one of my best Harleys. This was a 11 day all camp trip to Sturgis and more west states in 1990 with o troubles,pic is Bad lands SD on way out. E-bay is a good place to find used and new take off parts at real good prices.Good luck. :cheers:

dvlkliss
Studying MC Handbook

Post by dvlkliss »

thanks old time,im looking for (la rosa) swing arm saddle bags and most of it are made for h.d. as usual :bonk: http://cdn2.bigcommerce.com/n-d57o0b/fn ... 1411432790

old time rider
Back on the Road
My Bike: 650Vstrom

Post by old time rider »

Like the looks and water bottle holder easy to reach. [emoji106] I thought you were talking metal parts to redo to fit. Craigs list,E-bay and winter make for some real good buys.I bought and resold lots of MC parts in the 80s and early 90s. Still have a some stuff in the loft of the barn.Tome stone lights,Harley sissy bars .and some japan all so. Sold a old foot clutch shifter this year at the Burkesville meet. He wants more of my parts but need to keep a eye on how much they are going up before any more sales on my 40s stuff.
Found out last week end on a camp and ride trip that even GoldWing fours are hard to find parts for now! Guess Honda just stopped making parts for them now? This was from a good friend that worked on all brands in his shop. He sold it after ten years because his wife needs a rest and close to retirement age. He had a really high pay job but went into his love of motorcycles and started the shop.Really done good for a mc shop with no bikes [emoji2] lots of nice add on stuff and good wrench got him lots of regular customers..His old boss is all ready calling but he likes the retirement a lot last six months. :cheers:

dvlkliss
Studying MC Handbook

Post by dvlkliss »

the bottle is in fact a spare fuel can :cheers: thanks again old time rider