Thoughts on Stratoliner

ddog6900
Joined a 250cc Club

Re: Thoughts on Stratoliner

Post by ddog6900 »

Yamaha makes a fine bike. Same motor as a Raider S (Raider looks better IMO) Why not just transition him to a VL1500 or a C90. Same basic bike as the Volusia, just a touch bigger.

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Suzi 1400

Post by YoDude »

Sorry, I got nuthin'

Yo-
Intelligence is just the right thing to have, to render yourself extinct.

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Suzi 1400

Post by YoDude »

LOL

Yo-
Intelligence is just the right thing to have, to render yourself extinct.

old time rider
Back on the Road
My Bike: 650Vstrom

Post by old time rider »

I have a 1700 RoadStar with 44,000.Love the motor.The RoadStar was the first of these big v-twin motors.The 1900raider,1700Warrior,and 1900Strad are in the same bunch with the nice lookin IMO two pushrods in one cover per cly.The Stard is the smoothest of the bunch with more balance in the motor.The Raider is the fastest.Three of my friends have or still have them and love them.Lots of power and sound so good with a more free flow pipe.

Jolsen
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: ZG-XII and VS-XIV
Moniker: Postmaster

Post by Jolsen »

I been looking at the raiders they are starting to come down in price.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
VS1400 Wiring Diagram INFOWARS
Its not my job to prove myself every time I state facts. Its YOUR job to look it up and find out what I say is true.

-DC-
Joined a 450cc Club
My Bike: RT SM6 + XL1200C

Post by -DC- »

I believe that is what Billy Jack has on the purple board....he seems happy with his and takes it wherever whenever he wants....all I got...
Being a grandpa is the bees knees.... :putput:

old time rider
Back on the Road
My Bike: 650Vstrom

Post by old time rider »

Yes BillyJack had a 1700 RoadStar he just sold before board went down to another member.Strad and allso had a Royal Star.
RoyalStar started the good looking big stars but were really down on power for a v-four.After the first ones with the good looking small breather motor they went to the big made on the crash bar ones I think.Help they did in power but like the old real slow ones in looks lots better.Don't like any of that junk on the crash bars like Harley and some Indians have.In looks like the old small breathers lots more.My old 66 FLH still had the nice small round breather and stayed on when I chopped it.The big ham box shape ones were soon after,so ugly IMO. RoadStar with the nice two in to one push rod covers came out in 1999 if recall right?Then later the warrior,Srad,and Radier.The RoadStar came out with FI in 07 I think.
Our dealer got one of the 1500 Suzuki V-twins from when Kaw Suzuki went together that one year and made a small bike and the MeanStreak 1500 into a Suzuki with badge changed.Headlight I like better on the big Suzuki but the Mean Streaks rear fender looked better to me.The Suzuki kicked up somewhat like a 1400 rear.Headlight looked more chopper looking like a VTX.Its a good looking trade in.