Rocket III R

Click to Enter!
drmikerb
Tricycles are Cool
My Bike: 2021 Triumph Rocket 3 R

Rocket III R

Post by drmikerb »

I use to have an 800 Intruder. I ended up giving it up due to a lot of problems which developed over the years. A few years later when my wife was looking at Cam Am. She found one she liked and I ended up getting my Triumph Rocket 3 R. I always loved riding my Intruder. I do love riding my Triumph. Not easy to get parts for but my wife rides with Triumph mechanic.
I have been out of work due to non-alcholic liver cirrhosis and a damaged shoulder. Hoping for a live donor of half a liver. I keep up on trying to rehab my shoulder.
Do hope to recover and be able to ride long distance again. Miss riding with Intruder alert members.
Be safe and healthy, all of you.

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Re: Rocket III R

Post by Herb »

Post often to let us know how you are doing.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

sgtcall
LICENSE SUSPENDED!
My Bike: Triumph Bonneville Speedmaster

Post by sgtcall »

Like you I went from a Intruder to a Triumph and haven't looked back. Love the Triumph.

If you have any type of electrical issue, have your battery load tested before you do anything else. Any auto parts store will test it for free.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Post by Designer »

sgtcall wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2023 7:53 pm
Like you I went from a Intruder to a Triumph and haven't looked back. Love the Triumph.
AHA! :space: :blink: :space: SO! :space: :uhh: :space: We have a TURNCOAT here! :space: :cry:

:jester: :space: :lmao:

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!

drmikerb
Tricycles are Cool
My Bike: 2021 Triumph Rocket 3 R

Post by drmikerb »

I finished as much rehab as I can. Shoulder hurts but have a bit of my mobility back. Liver is still a problem for me
I wear out after a couple hours riding or dtiving. I can ride again so happy about that. Wife loves riding with me.
I do at times miss whem I could have a beer, soda, steak, salt. So things change. Now i ride out and carry meds with me, get tea or coffee and adhear to a stricter diet. I carry water all the time.
I hope to be able to ride again with members of Intruder alert again.

sgtcall
LICENSE SUSPENDED!
My Bike: Triumph Bonneville Speedmaster

Post by sgtcall »

drmikerb wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2023 11:12 pm
I finished as much rehab as I can. Shoulder hurts but have a bit of my mobility back. Liver is still a problem for me
I wear out after a couple hours riding or dtiving. I can ride again so happy about that. Wife loves riding with me.
I do at times miss whem I could have a beer, soda, steak, salt. So things change. Now i ride out and carry meds with me, get tea or coffee and adhear to a stricter diet. I carry water all the time.
I hope to be able to ride again with members of Intruder alert again.
DYOR

Have you looked into taking Milk Thistle in heavy doses. In your case I would go for ~500mg in the morning then again at night.

Milk thistle contains compounds collectively known as silymarin, a group of flavonoids which have been shown to protect liver cells from toxic substances. Like NAC, milk thistle is a strong antioxidant that supports healthy liver function by defending against oxidative stress. Keep in mind, however, that not all milk thistle has the same level of silymarin content. Look for milk thistle standardized to at least 70% silymarin.
If you have any type of electrical issue, have your battery load tested before you do anything else. Any auto parts store will test it for free.