Bonneville Speedmaster

Click to Enter!
sgtcall
LICENSE SUSPENDED!
My Bike: Triumph Bonneville Speedmaster

Bonneville Speedmaster

Post by sgtcall »

I am seriously looking at buying a Triumph Bonneville Speedmaster. (https://www.triumphmotorcycles.com/moto ... peedmaster)

Just looking for opinions on Triumphs in general. The Bonneville Speedmaster is a fairly new model based on the Bonneville T120 with a bit more styling. I just want something fun to ride and that does not require much work to keep it running. I will buy a new one if I can't find a used one but prefer one that is a couple of years old.

What do you think of Triumphs in general? Reliability? Handling? Comfort? Maintenance issues? Anything else?

Bron
If you have any type of electrical issue, have your battery load tested before you do anything else. Any auto parts store will test it for free.

navigator
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: VS800

Re: Bonneville Speedmaster

Post by navigator »

I got nothing, but there's lots of reviews online....for what their worth.

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

Every Triumph owner I have talked to is really pleased with their bike's performance and reliability. But then none that I have talked to had over 30,000 miles on them.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

hillsy
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by hillsy »

Friend of mine had an America back in 08 or so but that was the 885cc version. He was happy with it. It was a bit gutless for me but no doubt the 1200 version they have now would be better.

sgtcall
LICENSE SUSPENDED!

Post by sgtcall »

Thank you all.
If you have any type of electrical issue, have your battery load tested before you do anything else. Any auto parts store will test it for free.

sgtcall
LICENSE SUSPENDED!

Post by sgtcall »

Pulled the trigger and pick it up on Monday. Found a 2018 with 700 miles. I am having the baby apes added before I pick it up.

navigator
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by navigator »

[emoji106] Looks like a fun ride.

sgtcall
LICENSE SUSPENDED!

Post by sgtcall »

And with the new bars.

navigator
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by navigator »

Looks Tall. [emoji2]

sgtcall
LICENSE SUSPENDED!

Post by sgtcall »

The bike is low and the bars are shoulder height for me. 6'1".

sgtcall
LICENSE SUSPENDED!

Post by sgtcall »

Here is my 120 ish day review. About 1800 miles so far and I love this bike.

The only negatives are the seat isn't great after an hour or so but it is not awful either. Looking into something better but I rarely ride more than an hour at a time anyway. Lack of storage. I don't want to put bags on it but may go with a small swing arm bag in the end. Could also add a tail bag or a tool bag on the forks. Some little bit of under seat storage would have been a nice addition.

The bike has plenty of power for me and handles great. I was worried about the fat front tire but it is a non issue. With the short rake it rides like it is on rails. A few days ago I found out, by accident, that I can pop the front wheel off the ground going from 3rd into 4th. Just wind it out to about 5,500 rpms and pop the clutch. Don't know how fast it is, yet, but it easily and smoothly gets to 90 in no time. Breaks. dual front, are great and it stops on a dime. The cruise control is a great feature. It is electronic, there is no throttle cable by the way, so it even adjusts the speed going up or down hill.

Over all I don't think I will ever get another bike.

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Herb »

You are the first one that I have talked to that had that many miles on one.

Have you had any issues?
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Herb »

The only Triumph I ever owned was an early 60's Tiger Cub that I traded for in the early 80's. I really liked the bike but it had one major flaw. The kick starter would shear the tapered bolt that held it on the shaft and I would end up having to push start it all the time.

We sold it in the mid 80's for enough money to buy my son's first computer.

Mine looked a lot like this 64, color scheme and all...

sgtcall
LICENSE SUSPENDED!

Post by sgtcall »

[YoutubeID][/YoutubeID]