OMG 2016

Events and Ride planning and coordination...
PCC
Joined a 650cc Club
My Bike: GW TRIKE + 1300 Yamaha V Star

OMG 2016

Post by PCC »

Let's Get It On Your Calendar... Plenty of room for all friends...

Read My Daily Musings On Numerous Topics
Especially Riding Motorcycles & Camera Captures
Of My Meanderings...

https://pcove99.wixsite.com/website

MadCow
Site Admin
My Bike: 2023 Pan America Special

Re: OMG 2016

Post by MadCow »

:rock: :rock: :rock:
-DBTO

MattSunn
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: Sportsters

Post by MattSunn »

Cool pics and video. [emoji106]

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: Road King

Post by RoadKing »

PCC wrote:Let's Get It On Your Calendar... Plenty of room for all friends...
Question… room for my four leg friends?
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury…
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

PCC
Joined a 650cc Club

Post by PCC »

RoadKing wrote:
Yes the Hub does allow 4 legged friends. Might be an extra fee I am not sure of that. Lonewolf & training wheels always bring their dogs. There is plenty of room to let them exercise and do their business.
Plus they can meet "Happy".
Of My Meanderings...

MadCow
Site Admin

Post by MadCow »

-DBTO

PCC
Joined a 650cc Club

Post by PCC »

I have only one rule that I ask of attendees of OMG.

If I scout out destination lunch places and arrange with them to accommodate our group. Then we all need to be there. I don't care if you choose to ride your own speed and route to get there but these places sometimes order more food and extra personnel called in to make our experience with them good so... we need to be courteous and show up. I do not like my name to be mud. :HatTip:

Usually the course of action is breakfast and supper at the on-site restaurant Scooters. However, that is optional and up to you if you choose to eat there.
Of My Meanderings...

-DC-
Joined a 450cc Club
My Bike: RT SM6 + XL1200C

Post by -DC- »

RoadKing wrote:

Just don' t let em pee on my tent!!!! :evil:
Being a grandpa is the bees knees.... :putput:

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by RoadKing »

PCC wrote:
RoadKing wrote:
Yes the Hub does allow 4 legged friends. Might be an extra fee I am not sure of that. Lonewolf & training wheels always bring their dogs. There is plenty of room to let them exercise and do their business.
Plus they can meet "Happy".
Well! That puts me one step closer and with but two more questions for now…

First, does The Hub have a restriction on breeds? Gypsy is a fair size Rottie but a good guy. Moon is a small pit bull terrier and she is the sweetest thing. But some people and establishments have their fears which I have to respect.

Second, I will be pulling a trailer behind my truck and am only interested in setting up a tent. Is that acceptable?

For the first time in four years I am headed back home to the West Coast and it's been in the drawings to make a stop at OMG on the way and I am really excited about finally getting back on the road and finally getting to meet you and a whole lot of other IAers on the way. My bike will be in tow and I will ride for a few hours at a time during the summer trip before returning to my pups each time.

This winter too shall pass. Thank you, young lady. Is Happy a happy canine?
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

-DC-
Joined a 450cc Club

Post by -DC- »

$10 a day per person to tent camp RK....and you don' t even need to make a reservation for it....depending on how wet it is I would leave the truck up the hill and tote the tent down but if it isn' t too wet they let us park bikes beside the tents...no designated tent spots just pick one....and you get a room to use for showers and there are receptacles for charging electronics....$5 a load and they wash, dry, and fold ya dirty laundry.....it is a pretty sweet deal....it is a motorcycle hotel so not many restrictions on anything, they just can' t "legally" sell ya booze.... The folks who run it are very friendly and very laid back....

-DC-
Joined a 450cc Club

Post by -DC- »

Oops double post

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by RoadKing »

-DC- wrote:$10 a day per person to tent camp RK....and you don' t even need to make a reservation for it....depending on how wet it is I would leave the truck up the hill and tote the tent down but if it isn' t too wet they let us park bikes beside the tents...no designated tent spots just pick one....and you get a room to use for showers and there are receptacles for charging electronics....$5 a load and they wash, dry, and fold ya dirty laundry.....it is a pretty sweet deal....it is a motorcycle hotel so not many restrictions on anything, they just can' t "legally" sell ya booze.... The folks who run it are very friendly and very laid back....
Well, perhaps a room would be better… I can't be separated from my truck as that will be home for my dogs this summer. I can park the truck outside the room and sleep in the trailer at nights with my friends. I'm sure it will work out. Perhaps I should call them soon and get it set up. Yar?
Signifying nothing”

-DC-
Joined a 450cc Club

Post by -DC- »

RoadKing wrote:
-DC- wrote:$10 a day per person to tent camp RK....and you don' t even need to make a reservation for it....depending on how wet it is I would leave the truck up the hill and tote the tent down but if it isn' t too wet they let us park bikes beside the tents...no designated tent spots just pick one....and you get a room to use for showers and there are receptacles for charging electronics....$5 a load and they wash, dry, and fold ya dirty laundry.....it is a pretty sweet deal....it is a motorcycle hotel so not many restrictions on anything, they just can' t "legally" sell ya booze.... The folks who run it are very friendly and very laid back....
Well, perhaps a room would be better… I can't be separated from my truck as that will be home for my dogs this summer. I can park the truck outside the room and sleep in the trailer at nights with my friends. I'm sure it will work out. Perhaps I should call them soon and get it set up. Yar?
There is another possible way, they have a power pole up the hill that campers hook up to on occasion(kinda limited though so I sure would call and talk to Debbie and Randall about reserving it) but there is a huge parking lot up the hill also I am sure you could park/camp in..

Just call the HUB And ask for Debbie and tell her what you need, I am sure something can be worked out camping wise.....it is about $50 cheaper a day than a room...they are good folks!!!.they will work with ya any way they can...

MadCow
Site Admin

Post by MadCow »

RK you are more than welcome to borrow my room for showers/storage.
-DBTO

MadCow
Site Admin

Post by MadCow »

98VS1400 wrote: Duane and Mike... are we gonna meet up like last year and ride in together?
I'm going to assume meet up on Wednesday same place....

I'll be in Jackson the night before.
-DBTO

-DC-
Joined a 450cc Club

Post by -DC- »

MadCow wrote:
98VS1400 wrote: Duane and Mike... are we gonna meet up like last year and ride in together?

We have this going over on another thread, Suzuki Johnny would like to meet in Russelville and go up Hwy 7 to the hub...It is a little farther over from Conway and will take longer but a really nice twisty scenic 2 lane road ride all the way up from there, we would probably have to leave the Jackson Area around 6 AM to make it work....But It would be worth it, I really like that road and Suzuki Johnny could ride in with us...Up to Y'all! [emoji106]

MadCow
Site Admin

Post by MadCow »

-DC- wrote:
MadCow wrote:

We have this going over on another thread, Suzuki Johnny would like to meet in Russelville and go up Hwy 7 to the hub...It is a little farther over from Conway and will take longer but a really nice twisty scenic 2 lane road ride all the way up from there, we would probably have to leave the Jackson Area around 6 AM to make it work....But It would be worth it, I really like that road and Suzuki Johnny could ride in with us...Up to Y'all! [emoji106]

Works for me, I don;t care either way....Hwy 7 was how I left OMG....down to Russelville to pick up 40...so I've done that route southbound BUT IN THE RAIN :bang: :bang: :bang:
-DBTO

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Ok I see where you guys are coming from and we can meet up in Conway .....we've done hwy 7 so many times it's almost lost it's appeal..JK
and Dickie is always after me to find another road we haven't been on...so if you guys want to meet up in Conway..that's OK with us..
In fact we much more prefer that route.. [emoji106] That way you guys can leave 30 minutes later [emoji2]

And there seems to be a fuel stop on the corner where we will exit I-40 ( exit 125 ) to get on Skyline Drive ( hwy 65 ) to head north..Perfect [emoji106]
ll We can all meet up there around 2 pm right?.. We sill have plenty of time to work that time frame out so everyone doesn't have to ride great guns to make it there on the allotted time [emoji106]

.It only adds 36 miles of beautiful roadway to the trip and after all that's what that day is all about...just another great day in the saddle [emoji106]

I can only assume that Madcow will be in Jackson,Tn on I-40 the night before (and not Jackson, Ms ) NOT :confused: [emoji106]
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

-DC-
Joined a 450cc Club

Post by -DC- »

Conway meet would be easier and quite a bit quicker to the Hub overall Johnny...Y'all make the decision and Ron and I will make it work on our end..I talked to him yesterday and he said he would do whatever....... [emoji106]

-DC-
Joined a 450cc Club

Post by -DC- »

98VS1400 wrote:I haven't looked over the maps very much, but this Conway y'all keep talking about... is it in Missouri? Are we really talking about riding north of the HUB to meet in Conway just to ride back south to the HUB? :confused:

NEVER MIND!!! I just saw there is one in Arkansas, too! LOL

Yep......It's where we normally hop off of I-40 to head towards Harrison... [emoji106]