50 years ago

Start you OWN thread here to show off your bike or bikes you've owned over the years.
Please respect other threads by not posting pics of your bike(s) on someone elses thread.
Steveinsandiego
Practicing Bicycling
My Bike: bikeless for now

50 years ago

Post by Steveinsandiego »

must have been sunday! LOL
63 or 64 honda 90

found it among my folks' effects last month. 90 and 91, they died within three days of one another. enjoyed good visit with them before they passed.
don't die wondering

old time rider
Back on the Road
My Bike: 650Vstrom

Re: 50 years ago

Post by old time rider »

Sorry about the folks.Both mine gone but Dad lasted lots longer and died at 89. Still miss him and mom. If my step mother had not died before dad think he would have been around a lot longer.She was a good lady and watched over him so much.She was a bit younger so we all thought dad would go first.
Is that a 50 or a 90 Steve? Had a 90 and it looks a lot like it. Rode it all three times I owned it. Think I mite have owned it again but last owner hit a rock and broke the head on the little single so did not get it again in trade. Take a trade in if trying to sell. You have far more bikes that way and usually sell faster. :putput: :bonk: :bonk: :bonk: my bad as just looked at pic again and see it had 90! Mine was a 1968 Getting old thats not unusual for me. I was looking for a pic of my 90 but no luck. I lost so many pics of old cars and bikes plus three year books in a closet with a chimney and a leak. Could only find one bad one of my first new car a 69 RoadRunner. None of my 57 chevy rag top.and one bad one of my 36 Ply coupe. Will try to save a few by taking pics with my tablet of them.

Steveinsandiego
Practicing Bicycling

hi, paul. hey, my folks' deaths were rightly timed. no real suffering, except dad had a stroke four months earlier, then fell 3 1/2 months later, both worsening his condition. he died a couple of weeks after the fall.

i like to post old pics for one-upmanship...LOLOL. on christmas day 1967, which dawned with unusual unseasonal weather, i rode that thing to the top of palomar mountain. no other vehicles on the road. i do palomar maybe once every 3 yrs these days, taking it on in the middle of the week when other riders are working or attending school.

my v-strom is on the chopping block. i have three buyers lined up. i'm waiting for the 2018 license sticker before i show it to the first guy. i'm eager to buy a yamaha fz-07, which is nearly 100 lbs lighter than the 'zuki. the yamaha won out over a cb500f cuz the first valve check on the 07 is at 24k miles, versus 16k on the honda. i figure three years of riding before hitting 24k.
don't die wondering

Steveinsandiego
Practicing Bicycling

hey, where's the general discussion page?

ok, so i'm bikeless, as of today, for the first time since obtaining my 96 800 in december 97 when i returned to scooting.
guy my age was giddy about the 2015 v-strom 650 with givi topbox, giddy from the get-go. two other gents were in line to check it out, too, but the first guy, well, he got dibbs, alright. sigh. i told him i did not want to see it on craigslist tomorrow. he sez no. he'n' his frau ride two-up...so...happy trails to them.

now to find a new 2017 yamaha FZ-07 with abs, red only. i got a feeling i'll pay full pop for it. i've seen new 2017s w/o abs discounted, but not the abs model itself. and i do not want to travel far and wide, over hill and dale, to save a couple of bucks. don't advise me to go out of state cuz an o-o-s bike can't be registered here til it's got 7500 miles on't.

be nice out there, y'all. [emoji2]
don't die wondering

Steveinsandiego
Practicing Bicycling

more pix

96 800, bought nearly new in dec 97.

in dec 00 or jan 01 i replaced it with an 00 or 01 (can't remember...doh) LC 1500. sorry, no pic.

jan/feb 05 bought new kawi vulcan 1600

aug 09, new 09 ninja 650. dat's my daughter on her used ninja 250. i put 500 miles on it, inspiring me to go for the 650.

sept 2015 suzuki v-strom 650

coming soon: 2017 yamaha fz-07 abs, or 2016/2017 honda cb500f abs
don't die wondering