S83 trike

Start you OWN thread here to show off your bike or bikes you've owned over the years.
Please respect other threads by not posting pics of your bike(s) on someone elses thread.
Plus1
Tricycles are Cool
My Bike: 05 s83 trike

S83 trike

Post by Plus1 »

ImageImage
This is one of the older pics I posted on the old site. I have been working on it a bit but I just don't have many new pics.

Spitfire
Joined a 850cc Club

Re: S83 trike

Post by Spitfire »

Looks good, how's the power.

Plus1
Tricycles are Cool

Post by Plus1 »

Spitfire wrote:Looks good, how's the power.
I'm running a 3:73 from a ranger so it doesn't really have a high top speed. Around 86 MPH but man does it get there fast. I'm in the process of doing some work on it now one of which is the designer springs. I'm almost scared to install them cause with a 24 inch contact patch something will have to give. I just don't know what that something might be.

enforcer
Joined a 650cc Club
My Bike: 03 HD FLHT 01 Yamaha XVS650

Post by enforcer »

Plus1 wrote:
Spitfire wrote:Looks good, how's the power.
I'm running a 3:73 from a ranger so it doesn't really have a high top speed. Around 86 MPH but man does it get there fast. I'm in the process of doing some work on it now one of which is the designer springs. I'm almost scared to install them cause with a 24 inch contact patch something will have to give. I just don't know what that something might be.
Yep, even with Designer springs, I'll bet you burn up a clutch or two. Might want to consider high performance fiber discs at the same time. I believe EBC makes a nice set.

SS line couldn't hurt either with the new springs.
Current rides: 03 HD FLHT & 01 Yamaha XVS650(BIP)
Former: 87 Suzuki VS700, 94 BMW K1100LT & 91 Honda CB250

I don't want to own them all, just ride them all.

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Suzi 1400

Post by YoDude »

That will be a good challenge for Eds' springs! :cheers:

Yo-
Intelligence is just the right thing to have, to render yourself extinct.

Plus1
Tricycles are Cool

Post by Plus1 »

I'm in the process now of trying to run an all steel brake line from the slave cylinder to the neck then a short braided line to the master cylinder. If it works out I shouldn't have to worry about the clutch line again. I'll post some of the old pics from the old site of the build in a post by itself in case anyone wants to know how it's built and what mods I had to do. It was actually really simple.

Blaine
Passed the Circle Test
My Bike: 05 S83 07 M50

Post by Blaine »

I like!!!!!!! :fu: :cheers:
If at first you succeed,don't be surprised.

Plus1
Tricycles are Cool

Post by Plus1 »

[youtube][/youtube]
This is when I had just got the pipes back on from wrapping them. You can see the steam coming off them. Straight pipes!!!!!! Gotta love'em!!!!! I hadn't even gotten the rear suspension on.

enforcer
Joined a 650cc Club
My Bike: 03 HD FLHT 01 Yamaha XVS650

Post by enforcer »

Plus1 wrote:[youtube][/youtube]
This is when I had just got the pipes back on from wrapping them. You can see the steam coming off them. Straight pipes!!!!!! Gotta love'em!!!!! I hadn't even gotten the rear suspension on.
Your idle sounds a tad to too low. It's not a Harley.
Current rides: 03 HD FLHT & 01 Yamaha XVS650(BIP)
Former: 87 Suzuki VS700, 94 BMW K1100LT & 91 Honda CB250

I don't want to own them all, just ride them all.

Plus1
Tricycles are Cool

Post by Plus1 »

enforcer wrote:
Plus1 wrote:[youtube][/youtube]
Your idle sounds a tad to too low. It's not a Harley.
Yeah I got that rectified. When I made this video I had just started putting the bike back together. I tore it down as soon as I got it and started the transformation. I idled it up to specks with the first tune up after I got it road worthy. It was a cold morning as well. You can probably hear it idle up a bit after I racked the throttle a couple of times.

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Stolen 1-7-15 Returned 1-21-15

Post by BlacktopTravelr »

I like it. I'd like to know all the mods you did to your bike so I could figure out if they will work for my 800. Any and all information you can provide would be appreciated. Thanks for posting the vid. :cheers: [emoji106]
:putput: (putt putt putt)
90 to 95% of my replies are for my own entertainment :space: :XmasTree:

Steveinsandiego
Practicing Bicycling
My Bike: bikeless for now

Post by Steveinsandiego »

ok, that's unique. since i'm too ignorant to tell by looking, does it have independent rear suspension? i wanna guess "yes", but i don't really know.
don't die wondering