Finally road worthy...

Start you OWN thread here to show off your bike or bikes you've owned over the years.
Please respect other threads by not posting pics of your bike(s) on someone elses thread.
enforcer
Joined a 650cc Club
My Bike: 03 HD FLHT 01 Yamaha XVS650

Finally road worthy...

Post by enforcer »

So I went to lunch with my new $200 friend. Could still use a couple more things, but they're not crucial. If the gentleman I've been speaking with is ready to trade, she's ready to go.
Current rides: 03 HD FLHT & 01 Yamaha XVS650(BIP)
Former: 87 Suzuki VS700, 94 BMW K1100LT & 91 Honda CB250

I don't want to own them all, just ride them all.

enforcer
Joined a 650cc Club

Re: Finally road worthy...

Post by enforcer »

98VS1400 wrote:[emoji106]

I'm guessing a profit is likely!
No profit, just helping a fellow rider out.

http://www.intruders-alert.com/viewtopi ... =15&t=3928

If he doesn't want it, I'll keep it for a little while longer. I could get in trouble with all this power though. :naughty: Especially when you look at the speedo and you're doing 60 in a 45.

scootermcq
Joined a 250cc Club
My Bike: VS1400 + VL1500

Post by scootermcq »

enforcer wrote:If he doesn't want it, I'll keep it for a little while longer. I could get in trouble with all this power though. :naughty: Especially when you look at the speedo and you're doing 60 in a 45.
I know what you mean Ddog.... I switched to the LC and I find I am doing 15 over in the city (miles not KM) because I don't feel the speed with the extra weight and design of the bike.
Scott

enforcer
Joined a 650cc Club

Post by enforcer »

scootermcq wrote:
enforcer wrote:If he doesn't want it, I'll keep it for a little while longer. I could get in trouble with all this power though. :naughty: Especially when you look at the speedo and you're doing 60 in a 45.
I know what you mean Ddog.... I switched to the LC and I find I am doing 15 over in the city (miles not KM) because I don't feel the speed with the extra weight and design of the bike.
I don't think it's really that. I never had a sport or standard style bike. It accelerates quicker than any bike I've ever had. Due to the weight distribution and upright style, it feels really planted, so long as I lean forward. If I sit up, it feels like I'm going to lift the front tire off the ground. It's a very powerful, very balanced bike overall. Just never ridden anything like it. If I ever tire of cruisers and Harleys, I think I've found my next style, just maybe something a bit more modern. I can't find myself putting much money into this one, so if I sell it on, maybe I'll reap a huge profit. Book is 2800 retail, 2500 trade. Knock off a few hundred for high miles, I could still get 2K for a bike I only have 300 in.

enforcer
Joined a 650cc Club

Post by enforcer »

scootermcq wrote:
Just wanted to add, since I've ridden the Harley, it's just not the same. It's not just about added weight.