My bike and trailer

Start you OWN thread here to show off your bike or bikes you've owned over the years.
Please respect other threads by not posting pics of your bike(s) on someone elses thread.
BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Stolen 1-7-15 Returned 1-21-15

Re: My bike and trailer

Post by BlacktopTravelr »

I'm not sure what my butt was designed for but I know that stock seat is as comfortable as anything else I have put on it. :bang:
:putput: (putt putt putt)
90 to 95% of my replies are for my own entertainment :space: :XmasTree:

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Had the Corbin Gunfighter on my 1400 and loved it....once I got it conformed to my butt it was the cats meow [emoji106]
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

I've had this Mustang, what ever it, is for way too long for it to not be broken in yet. The day I bought it I put it on the bike and rode home across Ar, almost from Memphis, Tenn, with it and it felt ok. But the more I used it the more I came to not like it as much as the stock brick. :bang: Seeing as it is the only seat I have now I will have to learn to like it or buy another seat and I don't have the money for that.

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

98VS1400 wrote: I thought about getting one of those. I really like how they look. I just keep coming up with 400 reasons not to buy it.
My number 1 reason not to get one was because they look like a solo seat. :OhNo; :Umm:

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

Well, since I plan on doing a lot of riding when summer gets here you never know when I might get a back seat rider. :naughty: :space: :lolfall:

old time rider
Back on the Road
My Bike: 650Vstrom

Post by old time rider »

Best by far seats of over 30 bikes were the stock ones on my 01 Nomad.Wife would go 150 miles between gas stops and was fine with it.I leave the stock ones on for my self.Put over 82,000 in less than four years and bike and seat still good as new when I sold it to a guy I traded rides with for 50 miles and his wife wanted the bike so bad because of the rear seat.On my 1400 put a stock FLST seat on rear for wife but had a stock 1400 on front for myself 45,000.I do not stay in one place.That will tire me so fast may as well be in a dam car or GoldWing [emoji2] .Stand is best for me but wife does not like me to do it so raise my butt about one inch and brace with feet/legs till it starts to burm.Gives you a good work out abble to do 600 mile days so easy.Only done one 1,000 day and a 750 two up.

MadCow
Site Admin
My Bike: 2023 Pan America Special

Post by MadCow »

The stock seat on my 1400 was horrible. (for me anyway). I would get 3 hours down the road and be like...OMFG, get me off this thing.
-DBTO

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

I've been to the east coast, MD mostly, on a bike more times than I want to admit. Most, if not all, of those trips were with a stock seat. Sure after a few hours your butt says get me off here, but with the 800 that is about the same time you need gas. Maybe the Suzuki engineers knew this when they put the small tanks and brick seats on the 800. I'll try the Mustang seat one more time and if it doesn't soften up then I will go looking for a stock seat. I'm sure Ebay has a few for sale and cheap too. :Umm:

JFL Live
Joined a 950cc Club

Post by JFL Live »

BlacktopTravelr wrote:
Loaded and ready for the trip to the North
I love the TearDrop but I also really like this arrangement too! I thought about going that route at one time. [emoji106]
_I"T"|[___|___]
[---T--L -OlllllllO-]
()_)"""()_)/"**")_)

You will ride eternal, shiny and chrome...

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

That arrangement isn't all that bad, except for having to sped the night on a cot with a tent right above you. You learn not to touch the sides real quick. :lol: