Kickstand

Post mods to non specific brands or models of bikes here.
Blaine
Passed the Circle Test
My Bike: 05 S83 07 M50

Kickstand

Post by Blaine »

Just wondering what some of you may have done to the kickstand to restore the bike lean after lowering?....I don't want to heat it & destroy the chrome......A way to get it to go forward a little more maybe??
If at first you succeed,don't be surprised.

navigator
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: VS800

Re: Kickstand

Post by navigator »

Neither condition involved lowering the bike, but I have modified 2 kickstands.
One was grinding the forward part of the bracket on a set of Jardine forwards to allow the kickstand to go past center...increasing the lean angle.
As delivered the stand only went 90 degrees and stuck out perpendicular to the bike, very easy for it to roll forward off the stand. After grinding the pocket the stand swung past center.
The second was on a set of Techglide forwards. The stand mount was higher than stock, equivalent to lifting the bike.
The bike leaned way too much. I bought a second stand and cut a 1" section out of it. I cut and welded that slug into the other stand elongating it.
Both were painted with metallic silver paint where the chrome was removed and they don't look half bad.

Blaine
Passed the Circle Test
My Bike: 05 S83 07 M50

Re: Kickstand

Post by Blaine »

Thanks...Thats exactly what I was thinking......Get the stand to go past center so the angle increases.
If at first you succeed,don't be surprised.