Installed the Bullet HD Biker cam

Post mods to non specific brands or models of bikes here.
DevilsFan
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2018 Honda CB650F

Installed the Bullet HD Biker cam

Post by DevilsFan »

Bought one of the Bullet HD Biker cams on Amazon for $99. I've been looking for a "dash camera type" where I can constantly loop the video recording. Although the GoPro's and that awesome 360 Fly are great action cameras neither of them loop and the battery life is limited to 2-3 hours of recording.
Anyway, I have it installed. It was relatively easy as you just hook up the red wire to your license plate light wire (or something that only operates when the ignition is turned on) and then run the cables. The remote slides out as well as the camera so you can take it inside if you fear it might get stolen.
What wasn't easy is taking off all the plastic pieces of a CTX! :bang: That took a few hours, although I was taking my time, going in and out trying to read the schematics for the CTX wiring.

I haven't used it yet but I plan to tomorrow. Should be a useful tool in case of any accidents or street mayhem!

And the only thing left is to get some kind of clip to hold the USB cable in place. I need the slack for when I turn the bars so I couldn't use the zip ties as they would tighten then loosen, depending on which side I turned the handlebars.

There will be a time where you will no longer be able to use, "But...I didn't know!", as an excuse. And if you're exiled from society, well, you were warned.

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Suzi 1400

Re: Installed the Bullet HD Biker cam

Post by YoDude »

I'll be awaiting your first MuVid!

Yo-
Intelligence is just the right thing to have, to render yourself extinct.