"Booster Plug" for the V Strom

Post mods to non specific brands or models of bikes here.
hillsy v2
Bike out of hock
My Bike: Too many to list

"Booster Plug" for the V Strom

Post by hillsy v2 »

So I'd been reading a bunch of stuff about how to improve / enhance the fueling on the Strom. The general consensus is the stock mapping is too lean and this causes strong fuel shut off on decel and lumpy idling. There are a few options out there - Power Commander, re-flash the ECU....or this Booster Plug.

Now this thing is COMPLETELY plug and play - no splicing of wiring (PC) or re-flashing chips with no return option......and it was cheaper than either of those other options as well.

What does it do? It plugs into the air intake sensor and changes the signal to the ECU to tell the ECU it needs to change the fueling. It's probably possible to do the same with an inline resistor but this unit has a temp sensor and is a bit more intricate. Also, splicing in a resistor is not plug and play like this one.

The packaging and little extras are a nice touch - someone has really thrown everything at this from a presentation and marketing perspective.

The box:

The actual unit:

A keyring:

And a few stickers (bit cheeky with the PC one...)

It also came with a neck sock / buff thingy:

So first impressions were good - bike fired up really easy and settled into a smoother idle. Seemed to rev a bit free-er on the stand.

On the road it does make a noticeable difference - seems to pull stronger and will pull from lower revs in taller gears a fair bit easier.

I suspect the fuel economy will go down (if it really is just richening the mixture) but I will have to test that out over time - I literally just rode the bike a few blocks than parked it.

Pretty happy at this point - and the best thing is that it is purely plug and play so I can take it off at any time without any recourse.

hillsy v2
Bike out of hock
My Bike: Too many to list

Re: "Booster Plug" for the V Strom

Post by hillsy v2 »

Glad you all enjoyed that :lmao:

Anyway, more farkles....

Out with the old....

In with the new......