My Resurrection Thread

Post mods to non specific brands or models of bikes here.
Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Re: My Resurrection Thread

Post by Herb »

Sounds great. Thanks for all that you have shown us of your work.

Just because you get it on the road don't be a stranger.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

navigator
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: VS800

Post by navigator »

Designer wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2023 8:04 am
Yess-SIREE! :space: Get that Bad Boy of yours On The Road,..and RIDING! :space: :rock:

BTW,...what's dat red Doo-Dad dats a-hanging offa your Rear Plate Bracket? :space: :Umm:

:ShitGrin:
Looks to be the trailers left taillight bracket. :uhh:

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Post by Designer »

Shhh.

I'm kidding around with him. :naughty:

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!

ncdave
Learning My Moped
My Bike: 97 1400 Intruder

Post by ncdave »

Designer wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2023 8:04 am
Yess-SIREE! :space: Get that Bad Boy of yours On The Road,..and RIDING! :space: :rock:

BTW,...what's dat red Doo-Dad dats a-hanging offa your Rear Plate Bracket? :space: :Umm:

:ShitGrin:
it's the brake/signal on the far side of the trailer.

ncdave
Learning My Moped

Post by ncdave »

Designer wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2023 10:28 am
Shhh.

I'm kidding around with him. :naughty:
oh....duh! :hat: :ShitGrin:

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

ncdave wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2023 1:17 pm
Designer wrote:
Shhh. I'm kidding around with him. :naughty:
Yep,...I wuz tryin' to Pull Your Leg there. :space: :ShitGrin:

Joshing with you ......kinda like I did about that fancy Pink Jeep you got. :space: :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS

ncdave
Learning My Moped

Post by ncdave »

Designer wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2023 1:33 pm
ncdave wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2023 1:17 pm
Designer wrote:
Shhh. I'm kidding around with him. :naughty:
Yep,...I wuz tryin' to Pull Your Leg there. :space: :ShitGrin:

Joshing with you ......kinda like I did about that fancy Pink Jeep you got. :space: :ShitGrinandThumb:
Hey now...don't make fun of my pink jeep. I have my operation scheduled for next week so it will match my personal preferences. :bonk:

ncdave
Learning My Moped

Post by ncdave »

posting this here as it's related to the rebuild, I think.

Taking the bike out on the highway today and running it (about 25 miles to work) my clutch was slipping pretty badly. Reading back through the thread, and from my memory, I had replaced the springs/bolts, but I don't believe I ever replaced the plates themselves.

I'm guessing it's not normal that high temps/use would cause the clutch to slip, so thinking the plates may be glazed or something from having sit for so long.

Any thoughts?

sgtcall
LICENSE SUSPENDED!
My Bike: Triumph Bonneville Speedmaster

Post by sgtcall »

ncdave wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2023 10:20 am

Taking the bike out on the highway today and running it (about 25 miles to work) my clutch was slipping pretty badly. Reading back through the thread, and from my memory, I had replaced the springs/bolts, but I don't believe I ever replaced the plates themselves.

I'm guessing it's not normal that high temps/use would cause the clutch to slip, so thinking the plates may be glazed or something from having sit for so long.

Any thoughts?
What oil are you using? Is it motorcycle oil?
If you have any type of electrical issue, have your battery load tested before you do anything else. Any auto parts store will test it for free.

ncdave
Learning My Moped

Post by ncdave »

sgtcall wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2023 11:17 am
ncdave wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2023 10:20 am

Any thoughts?
What oil are you using? Is it motorcycle oil?
Yes. Mobil 1 Synth.

sgtcall
LICENSE SUSPENDED!

Post by sgtcall »

I always found the dino oil worked best on the Intruder. But opinions on oil are a to each his own thing. Anyway it goes there have been reports that the wrong oil causes the clutch to slip a bit. I'm sure someone will chime in or you can look through the hundreds of oil threads on here.
If you have any type of electrical issue, have your battery load tested before you do anything else. Any auto parts store will test it for free.

hillsy v2
Bike out of hock
My Bike: Too many to list

Post by hillsy v2 »

Have you totally replace the clutch fluid and bled? I wasn't going to go back through all the pages to check that. You might have some debris in the system that is blocking the return of fluid.

And dino oil is best - synthetic oils can cause wet clutches to play up (not all the time, but it happens).

ncdave
Learning My Moped

Post by ncdave »

hillsy v2 wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2023 4:44 pm
Have you totally replace the clutch fluid and bled? I wasn't going to go back through all the pages to check that. You might have some debris in the system that is blocking the return of fluid.

And dino oil is best - synthetic oils can cause wet clutches to play up (not all the time, but it happens).
sorry guys....long absence. my step-daughter passed away after a long fight with hodgkins lymphoma. :(

clutch fluid replaced and bled as well as both master and slave rebuilt. May try dino prior to removing/replacing plates. :bonk:

sgtcall
LICENSE SUSPENDED!

Post by sgtcall »

ncdave wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2023 11:57 am
hillsy v2 wrote:

sorry guys....long absence. my step-daughter passed away after a long fight with hodgkins lymphoma. :(

clutch fluid replaced and bled as well as both master and slave rebuilt. May try dino prior to removing/replacing plates. :bonk:
My condolences to you and your wife.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

ncdave,.... you have my most heartfelt prayers on the loss of your Step Daughter.

I have walked in those shoes myself.

hillsy v2
Bike out of hock
My Bike: Too many to list

Post by hillsy v2 »

ncdave wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2023 11:57 am
hillsy v2 wrote:

Condolences about your step daughter.

You should try an oil change first before you start pulling the clutch pack apart. Might just be as simple as that.