Swapping out the stock exhaust

Post mods to non specific brands or models of bikes here.
YYCBully
Tricycles are Cool
My Bike: 2007 Suzuki Boulevard S83

Swapping out the stock exhaust

Post by YYCBully »

Hi all - I’m new here - I bought an 07 Suzuki Boulevard S83 last fall and absolutely love this bike.

When I got the bike I didn’t realize the guy I bought it off of had drilled out the baffles on the bike and it sounds great but…. I notice that I can’t even get 150 kms out of a full hi octane tank of gas…

I’m thinking my fuel consumption is due to the exhaust mod. Is my thinking correct? If so, is it difficult to change out the exhaust?? Thanks in advance…

YYCBully

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Re: Swapping out the stock exhaust

Post by Designer »

Welcome to our Board.

The poor miles-per-tankful you report is most likely dues to other factors other than the Exhaust Modifications.

In order to be the best of help, can you fill us in on any other Mods t5he previous Own might have done? ( like Carburetors)

Do you have Stock Air Filters?

And tell us,....how many KM's are on the Clock

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!

hillsy
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by hillsy »

Yes more info needed - but by itself, drilling out the baffles on a stock exhaust shouldn't mess with your fuel economy to that degree.

Also, you mention KM's so I'm guessing you're not in the US?

You should try regular unleaded rather than premium first off (assuming you can get regular without ethanol).

navigator
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: VS800

Post by navigator »

Welcome. :cheers:
Even 87 octane with 10% ethanol will increase your mileage over high test.
Swapping out stock exhaust for your drilled pipes is not that difficult.
Because of the crossover on stock pipes, the swap will require you to pull both head pipes first, then pull the mufflers out from the bike, then reverse the procedure to install new exhaust.
Lots of S83, VS1400 parts interchange, lots for sale in the Flea Market section on this forum.

navigator
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: VS800

Post by navigator »

YYCBully wrote:
Thu Jan 27, 2022 6:35 am
Hi all - I’m new here - I bought an 07 Suzuki Boulevard S83 last fall and absolutely love this bike.

When I got the bike I didn’t realize the guy I bought it off of had drilled out the baffles on the bike and it sounds great but…. I notice that I can’t even get 150 kms out of a full hi octane tank of gas…

I’m thinking my fuel consumption is due to the exhaust mod. Is my thinking correct? If so, is it difficult to change out the exhaust?? Thanks in advance…

YYCBully
This fellow has some exhaust...
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=11975

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Post by Designer »

Hmmm,..........seems the OP hasn't been active on The Board since he posted this Thread. :Umm:

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!