Bucket List..Unfinished business

Places you've been to. Things you've seen.
Share your riding and gathering Vids here.
Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Bucket List..Unfinished business

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

As I get older the more places I want to ride to that I haven't laid eyes on.... I know it's an old age thing......when I was much younger I thought for sure by now I would have seen everything and visited and rode all the roads I wanted to ride...but work, kids, two wives and a lot of responsibility made those journeys harder and harder to accomplish...
Wouldn't trade the wives, well maybe one LOL, or the kids :thumbup:
but the work is what really got in the way...no regrets... I've seen more places on two wheels that most folks have seen in their cages...

I still have a few places yet to visit and ride....

Bear Tooth Pass is one.....been to Yellowstone Park once back in the day but was unaware at the time it even existed...

Hiway One on the Pacific coast...beginning in Oregon (101) and ending in San Francisco

Blue Ridge Parkway....from one end to the other.. I've rode some of it in sections but never the whole route..

Death Valley and the Bonneville Salt Flats

The Grand Canyon..... I've been close but no roses...

What about you....What's on your bucket list?
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

Jolsen
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: ZG-XII and VS-XIV
Moniker: Postmaster

Re: Bucket List..Unfinished business

Post by Jolsen »

Blue ridge speed limit 25-45mph for 490 miles, but very pretty.

The grape vine is amazing.

Ar7 is a great road

I want to do the great river road from start to Finnish.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
VS1400 Wiring Diagram INFOWARS
Its not my job to prove myself every time I state facts. Its YOUR job to look it up and find out what I say is true.

Jolsen
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by Jolsen »

Bonneville is pretty boring but kinda cool to see the 1st time.

I been to the 4 corners but no grande canyon either.

I want to drive though a tree in the great redwood forest but I heard they are dying and falling over at a rapid rate ...

Pacific coast highway would be cool.

Mile 0 in the keys was cool but not fun in my semi truck.

Its not my job to prove myself every time I state facts. Its YOUR job to look it up and find out what I say is true.

old time rider
Back on the Road
My Bike: 650Vstrom

Post by old time rider »

The big trees are on my bucket list allso.The BlueRidge Parkway I never tire of.The Skyline drive is next to it on North end and 35mph but not as long.So many good roads a few miles off it anywhere.Maggie Valley and Wheels Through Time museum should be on anyones list if never seen.Dale the owner is great to talk too :thumbup: .You see him on lots of shows that deal with old motorcycles and want to know more.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Jolsen wrote:Blue ridge speed limit 25-45mph for 490 miles, but very pretty.

The grape vine is amazing.

Ar7 is a great road

I want to do the great river road from start to Finnish.

We did a section of the BRP in 2012 between Maggie Valley and Asheville for the Rally in the Valley held in Maggie Valley, NC with the purple board.. it was about 80 miles or so and we didn't do no 45 mph :big grin: Didn't see any LEO patrols in that span either..

In 2009 my wife and I did the upper parkway above Asheville for a good stretch there too...that time we did take our sweet time and was pickled with a bunch of stops for taking pics... she wanted to go and see the leaves turning in October... and it was colorful, much more so than in Louisiana near the Gulf Coast.

The Natchez Trace is similar to the BRParkway as the speed limit there is a calm 50 mph,
One year we did the road from Natchez, Ms to Florence,Al.. some 350 miles.. took our leisurely time and di the complete round trip in 4 days time....I thought it was boring at times but the wife really loved the slower pace and the many stops along the way..

The Great River Road is something I never had any inclination to do because of it's length but it does sound rather interesting just to say that you've done it... :thumbup:
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

98VS1400 wrote:Seeing as how I've not ridden more than 300 miles in any direction with my Intruder, my bucket list would be quite expansive. My first to do would be just leaving Florida with it! Although the Keys sounds fun and is do-able. That would be about a 4-5 ride for me from central Florida.

I'm giving some thought to trailering the bike up to Mississippi next week, but I'm hearing there will be rain the whole time I'm there. I can't seem to catch a break this year weather-wise, at least not while planning a trip.

What ya got in Miss Keith? I've always wanted to make a ride to Pensacola on the bike, made that trip many a time on Hwy 90 back in the old days going to Daytona but never on the interstate... I really like the open roads on the interstate....you can cover beaucoup miles in one day with no sweat.... On the way back from Maggie Valley three of us did close to 600 miles in 9 1/2 hours....no grass was growing under our tires LOL
And did the final leg home of 293 miles in 4 1/5 hours....all Interstate travel.....gas stops was a rush to the restroom, fuel up. down a bottle water and hit the road mostly done at the same time LOL

How much time can you take off at a time? we could hook up in Pensacola..maybe give ole Raymond a buzz..... he might know some good roads around there to run.. :thumbup:

draggindakota
Studying MC Handbook
My Bike: 01 VS800

Post by draggindakota »

98VS1400 wrote:Seeing as how I've not ridden more than 300 miles in any direction with my Intruder, my bucket list would be quite expansive. My first to do would be just leaving Florida with it! Although the Keys sounds fun and is do-able. That would be about a 4-5 ride for me from central Florida.
Same here. For me though it's basically anywhere that isn't flat straight Florida roads lol. I added one to my list last week though: US 441 through the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. Drove it 4 times in the cage last week on vacation. Looks like it would be fun to ride and it's beautiful scenery.

Jolsen
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by Jolsen »

The best way to find good roads in florida is to get out of florida lol. :evil:

Jolsen
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by Jolsen »

It rains 300 days of the year in Florida...

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Well not quite that much :funnylast: :funnylast:

here in the south we suffer from lots of afternoon thunder boomers during the hot summer months....but they for the most part do not last that long...but they are dangerous none the less...60 mph wind gusts and sideways rain make for poor visibility on a bike and more than once during the summer months you're gonna get caught out in the open when they pop out of nowhere....
I kept a record one year during the three months of June, July and August and it rained
(measurable) in my area of southwest Louisiana 32 days. the rest of the time it was clear or partly cloudy and summer like temps in the high 80's and the low 90's :thumbup:

Spitfire
Joined a 850cc Club

Post by Spitfire »

If I had a bucket list which I don't, I would just want to get up off my keister and go ride more before I get too old. In fact think that is what I'll do as soon as the weather clears up. Maybe wait till it gets back into the 60s. May have to start to do this next riding season... maybe before the trip to Yellowstone and Montana and Glacier Park or .... right after we get back or maybe both. Ah heck, guess I don't have a bucket list. :big grin:

NE_FL
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: VS1400

Post by NE_FL »

I've pretty much seen all 50. Now I'm happy to take "the road less traveled," some scenic back road the tourists never see, maybe stop off at some country store or fish camp, BS a little with the locals. #1 on my bucket list is to not kick the bucket this year! LOL

Jolsen
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by Jolsen »

If you do can I have your bike?

NE_FL
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: VS1400

Post by NE_FL »

get in line.

Jolsen
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by Jolsen »

The front of the line sounds good.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

NE_FL wrote:I've pretty much seen all 50. Now I'm happy to take "the road less traveled," some scenic back road the tourists never see, maybe stop off at some country store or fish camp, BS a little with the locals. #1 on my bucket list is to not kick the bucket this year! LOL

That's what Dickie and I do most of the time.... On our Colorado trip we used the interstate hiway system for about 450 miles on our 3600 mile round trip, not counting the side trips we took in the areas we wanted to visit along the way. The interstates are great to make good time on but the scenery doesn't change much and the traffic is sometimes too crowded...

Jolsen
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by Jolsen »

US highways are the best to make good time and have better scenery.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

And has a lot more available stops... the interstate you can make good time but very few places where you can stop for fuel and restrooms....

Jolsen
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by Jolsen »

Even less spots on side roads sometimes

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: Road King

Post by RoadKing »

In no particular order... Nashville, Branson, and Austin. One month each in succession... Ride by day and music music music each night. :HatTip:
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury…
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.