Bucket List..Unfinished business

Places you've been to. Things you've seen.
Share your riding and gathering Vids here.
Jolsen
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: ZG-XII and VS-XIV
Moniker: Postmaster

Re: Bucket List..Unfinished business

Post by Jolsen »

Not a fan of big cities...

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
VS1400 Wiring Diagram INFOWARS
Its not my job to prove myself every time I state facts. Its YOUR job to look it up and find out what I say is true.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

the smaller towns have the best Mom and Pop restaurants in the country....Big cities have all but gone to the nation wide chains of fast tasteless foods......
there's a small cafe in Jasper, Arkansas that we stopped that had the best Hamburgers I've ever tasted....if we are ever in any way close to there again... I'll gladly run 50 miles out of my way to return for more..
Don't remember the name of the place and my poor eyes are unable to read the sign...maybe Diana ( PCC) remembers, she's been down there more than once :thumbup:

duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

PCC
Joined a 650cc Club
My Bike: GW TRIKE + 1300 Yamaha V Star

Post by PCC »

Suzuki Johnny wrote:the smaller towns have the best Mom and Pop restaurants in the country....Big cities have all but gone to the nation wide chains of fast tasteless foods......
there's a small cafe in Jasper, Arkansas that we stopped that had the best Hamburgers I've ever tasted....if we are ever in any way close to there again... I'll gladly run 50 miles out of my way to return for more..
Don't remember the name of the place and my poor eyes are unable to read the sign...maybe Diana ( PCC) remembers, she's been down there more than once :thumbup:

That is Sharon K's Cafe in the picture. All the times I have been to Jasper I have never ate there. I have stopped at the Ozark Café, Cliff House, Low Gap and had a great burger at Oark Café. :cheers:

http://www.oarkgeneralstore.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Read My Daily Musings On Numerous Topics
Especially Riding Motorcycles & Camera Captures
Of My Meanderings...

https://pcove99.wixsite.com/website

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Only other place where we dined in that area was the Cliff House and it was mostly to take in the sights... nice location for a restaurant in the middle of nowhere with a great view if you want to dine outside...What a view! :cheers:
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

old time rider
Back on the Road
My Bike: 650Vstrom

Post by old time rider »

On the Alaska trip a MDs started looking like a five star :big grin: .We had beans and rice or rice and beans allmost every night we could make a fire.Some times chili and rice.Day time on the road peanut butter on crackers with hot sauce was sometimes it for middle meal.We all tried to keep apples and other fruit plus nabs for a meal when we could not make a fire because of rain or to late and tired.A shot of whiskey made it all seem better.The ride all day in the cold then sleep in it was worse thing.If I go again will be better prepared but sleeping every night in that tent across Canada and Alaska with no gun just did not feel right after allways having one in years of U.S. camping.So many bears!

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

I'm sure if the proper authorities were to charge a nominal fee for packing some heat in Canada and Alaska in bear country for self protection they could raise some more revenue and the visitors would surely feel better traveling through there.