Lost A Sea Of Bikes

Places you've been to. Things you've seen.
Share your riding and gathering Vids here.
Jolsen
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: ZG-XII and VS-XIV
Moniker: Postmaster

Re: Lost A Sea Of Bikes

Post by Jolsen »

We just zig zag in the straight aways. But the group knows this and we run a very loose staggering formation.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
VS1400 Wiring Diagram INFOWARS
Its not my job to prove myself every time I state facts. Its YOUR job to look it up and find out what I say is true.

Spitfire
Joined a 850cc Club

Post by Spitfire »

ha, that would be a sight to see. I'd be the guy sitting on the side watching the show trying to look cool. :lmao:

NE_FL
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: VS1400

Post by NE_FL »

I'm a late-comer to this sport, and thus my riding skills are merely adequate. I've never ridden in a large group, and if I did I'd stay in the rear so I wouldn't get in anyone's way! The 1400 is my first and only bike, and I ride conservatively, although I've held WOT til just over 95 and that was fast enuff for me.
I'm just a rookie compared to most of y'all. :bow:

Spitfire
Joined a 850cc Club

Post by Spitfire »

Don't feel like you are all alone on that score, I'm in my sixties and only been riding for 2 or 3 years so I'm always hanging back and letting the big boys show their stuff. I already found out I'm not going to show anybody how to do anything on a bike that they don't already know unless it is how to get in trouble without a clue how you got there. Also found out I don't bounce as good as I used to so I'm very conservative in my riding. Good for you knowing your skill level and riding it like you own it. :cheers:

NE_FL
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: VS1400

Post by NE_FL »

At our age we've used up most of our "stupid" by now!

Ride safe. :thumbup:

PCC
Joined a 650cc Club
My Bike: GW TRIKE + 1300 Yamaha V Star

Post by PCC »

MadCow wrote:
98VS1400 wrote:I've been wanting to do a ride for a cause, but I haven't yet. Maybe in 2015.
Be careful of what you wish for. I've done lots of benefit rides, rides for a cause etc etc over the years and I find them stressful...most of the time folks don't know how to ride in a large group, or any group for that matter. MOST of the riders are new riders without a clue.

Remember that a group ride is just that, a group ride...it isn't YOUR ride....you will be bored and will see people doing stupid crap. I've bowed out in the middle of group rides when I see guys starting to show their asses and show off. Yup, just made my own unscheduled turn off.

This is also one of the reasons I stopped riding with the Patriot Guard.
We are a friendly bunch here in MO. This was more like a parade and only 4.9 miles. There were no wrecks or showing off. It is a local Charity ride that is supported by the community. Yes lights were block by the local PD and people lined the streets waving so it was a good thing for a good cause.
Read My Daily Musings On Numerous Topics
Especially Riding Motorcycles & Camera Captures
Of My Meanderings...

https://pcove99.wixsite.com/website