TODAY'S' RIDE 12/22/2017

Places you've been to. Things you've seen.
Share your riding and gathering Vids here.
Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

TODAY'S' RIDE 12/22/2017

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Seven of us braved the elements today to make a ride to Woodville, Texas to eat at "The Tree" restaurant....we had made several trips to dine in that establishment in years past.. they had moved from Hilister to Woodville this year and we had heard that the service and food was great with the new owners....bad move...the food was terrible..service was AOK [emoji106] .............but with a limited menu (whats a restaurant without shrimp
po boys?)...we were disappointed to say the least....temp was steady at 41 degrees at departure time and the high was 51 at 3pm this afternoon with gusty winds that cut .... :bonk:
Total trip was 235 miles and with the chilly winds it wasn't worth the time because of the chow....
But we did have a good trip there and back with no difficulties and I couldn't have asked for better company

duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

old time rider
Back on the Road
My Bike: 650Vstrom

Re: TODAY'S' RIDE 12/22/2017

Post by old time rider »

Rode 30 miles in the rain to meet old coots yesterday but may not get a ride today as lower temps have made lots of slick spots now .Have to go to a dinner soon and no way the wife will ride a motorcycle below mid 40s much less 20s. :XmasTree:

old time rider
Back on the Road
My Bike: 650Vstrom

Post by old time rider »

Been real cold riding last few days.10 degrees this AM on ride to Danville to meet Old coots. Elc would have felt good but did not fool with it.Vstrom died once as Fi seems to do more than old carb bikes but they usually start better. After second start idled down good as I put rest of gear on.Last being thin liners then mittens. Thumb nails were only thing that got cold pain in them before getting to the place.Return in sun and up to 12 was much better. :putput:

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Concours 1400

Post by Tbeck »

We're snowed in, Lol. Glad someone is getting to ride

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

We rode again today/ 100 miles short trip because of the rain chances...we dodged a few showers, drizzled for a few miles temps in the lower 50's ideal riding weather this time of year in the deep south [emoji106] :cheers:

...most likely gonna be the last ride for a while... arctic front is scheduled to hit us tomorrow night....lows predicted in the lower 20's and highs just barely above freezing all of next week ......golf course is closed also..bummer week :bonk:
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"