Saturday December 9th, 2017

Places you've been to. Things you've seen.
Share your riding and gathering Vids here.
Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Well the colder temps didn't deter at least five of us......we call ourselves the Polar Bear Club...left out about 9 am with the temps in the high 20's headed for a city some 100 miles southeast....took the long way going and an even longer route coming back home adding an extra 87 miles to the mix....stiff north wind to begin with and clear and sunny skies all day long...

Leader of the ride suggested we head north and check out the new '18 Harley's at the Harley dealership in Lafayette, La...Cajun Harley... and we weren't disappointed...they have a large show room with new and used bikes and every model available...
I found my next bike...but the war department informed me that I would have to wait at least two more years before I could purchase another one
By that time the bike I was looking at , a blacked out Street Glide, was most likely gonna be on the used block at at reduced price...this one was priced at 22K

by the time we decided to head home I had removed my chaps but kept my leather jacket on for the cool ride home..
All in all a very good ride and what some might call a brisk pace..I say 60% of the ride was on two lane back roads. the least amount of traffic is what we look for.. but we took the interstate coming home.....much quicker and it was getting late in the day and we didn't want to fight looking directly in the sun going home.....

as an after thought.....we didn't encounter one single bike on the road until we pulled into the Harley dealership in Lafayette....strange...met a few on the way home though.
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"