Rides in Colorado

Places you've been to. Things you've seen.
Share your riding and gathering Vids here.
wallylong
Tricycles are Cool
My Bike: VS 1400 Intruder

Rides in Colorado

Post by wallylong »

I'll be in Colorado next week on business but will have a day free. I'm looking for recommendations for a good ride. I'll be in the Denver area, so it needs to start or end somewhat close to Denver. I'll need a ride I can finish in less than a full day of riding.

Thanks.

old time rider
Back on the Road
My Bike: 650Vstrom

Re: Rides in Colorado

Post by old time rider »

I liked riding in Colorado so much better than Alaska.Both were on my bucket list but Colorado is for sure a may go back again. Eight days of ride,camp another place each night,, and fun. If you are 62 or over get a senior pass .We bunch of old guys saved so much and got us in to the lots of Nat. parks free and big cuts on camp fees. Do not remember that well how close to Denver the good stuff was,no bad ones I recall. So many real nice small ,clean towns and great people. Have fun. :putput:

OldCoot
Studying MC Handbook
My Bike: SOLD Suzuki S50

Post by OldCoot »

SOLD: 2008 Black Suzuki Boulevard S50

wallylong
Tricycles are Cool

Post by wallylong »

Thank you!

wallylong
Tricycles are Cool

Post by wallylong »

I did the Peak to Peak route yesterday. From Blackhawk to Estes Park. It was a great ride! The scenery was majestic. The curves were numerous. The roads were in great shape. There were plenty of places to pull over and admire the views or take pictures.

OldCoot
Studying MC Handbook
My Bike: SOLD Suzuki S50

Post by OldCoot »

wallylong wrote:I did the Peak to Peak route yesterday. From Blackhawk to Estes Park. It was a great ride! The scenery was majestic. The curves were numerous. The roads were in great shape. There were plenty of places to pull over and admire the views or take pictures.
Awesome. Would love to see some pictures.
:clap:
SOLD: 2008 Black Suzuki Boulevard S50

Pegdragger
Tricycles are Cool
My Bike: 2005 S83 Boulevard

Post by Pegdragger »

I used to live in Colorado. Some epic rides out there. I would recommend heading up towards Loveland. Jump on 34 west head out to Estes park. You could continue on 34 west just to get the epic view on top of the rockies.. Then I would back track back to Estes park and then head south on rt 7. then pick up rt. 72 south to rt 119 that will dump you out on highway 70 that will bring you back into Denver... That's a epic circle. Good sweepers smooth roads.
:putput: Instagram - pegdragger . Uncorked vs1400 stage 3. Progressive fork springs. 12" rear shocks. Custom made handle bars, blinker housings, seat, drag pipes. Designer springs. Ride 1k in a day . blue ridge, tail of the dragon from Vermont 2x. Yellow stone, estes park, million dollar hwy, moab, window rock, grand canyon, death valley, serria Nevada's, US rt66, US rt 50 rider.