Finger Lakes 2017

Places you've been to. Things you've seen.
Share your riding and gathering Vids here.
tabasco
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: VL1500 C90T + VS1400 Intruder

Finger Lakes 2017

Post by tabasco »

Took this pic of friends at Finger Lakes two day stop on my ride through NYS. Best party ever! Will post pics of the lake later.
Left to right ...Navigator L, Click, Lunkerluke, Navigator D.

Good times. Image

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Re: Finger Lakes 2017

Post by Designer »

AHA! :blink: So there are real-life people attached to those Board Names I see here! [emoji2]

Looks like everyone is enjoying the good company and nice weather. :cheers: [emoji106]

Please do post more! :rock:

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!

tabasco
Joined a 950cc Club

Post by tabasco »

crap, photobucket is a real shit show now. It'll have to wait. Guess I'll have to put them on my site. Ok, here's the rest. Like I said I rode up and back solo, it was great saw many parts of NYS I hadn't been through. Partied with real great people for a few days. I didn't take a pic of my bike, I see it all the time. The first day, the stayover at my other friend's, I guess I didn't take any pics ... I rode all the way to his place in pouring rain ... was glad to be rolling on a brand new set of Pirellis. No rain the rest of the vacation, the next four days. I don't remember who's dog that is. There were other folks, friends of Joel's who came that I didn't get pics of. If you're ever on US20 by Cherry Valley, you MUST stop at Tepee Pete's chow wagon. Real good chow.

tabasco
Joined a 950cc Club

Post by tabasco »

A few Click took

Forge
Joined a 250cc Club
My Bike: 99 Valkyrie Interstate- 05 S83

Post by Forge »

Pretty area.
Arthritis sucks!

tabasco
Joined a 950cc Club

Post by tabasco »

Forge wrote:Pretty area.
Yes, I love going up there. Many feel that New York State has the most beautiful scenery in the country. I particularly love the Adirondacks Mountain area, I need to get back there, too. Image

SuzyRidr2
Joined a 1000cc Club
My Bike: 2001 Suzuki VL1500

Post by SuzyRidr2 »

Great images. I've lived as far north as Fargo, North Dakota. Love the four (some say 2) seasons in the northern tier states and love the way it cools off at night versus temperatures still being north of 90 degrees at 11:30 pm like we sometimes have in the south. I've never been to upstate NY, or any of the New England states (except for touching down at an airport and spending overnight in a motel), but based on pictures I've seen the south can't match the fall colors when it comes leaf peeping time. I guess it has something to do with the climate. [space] [emoji106]
lovineveryminuteofit

Baysideintruder
Practicing Bicycling
My Bike: 1992 VS 800

Post by Baysideintruder »

Great pics. Thanks for sharing. I am planning a bike trip in Oct. to either Catskill or Adirondack mountains. Was leaning toward Adirondacks. Looks like a great place to ride. Did you find any outstanding roads to suggest? I did the Tail of the Dragon last year and it was great but the drive from Queens to NC was tooo long. I am going closer to home this year either upstate or Vermont. Anyhow thanks again for sharing pics.
:rock:

MadCow
Site Admin
My Bike: 2023 Pan America Special

Post by MadCow »

:rock: :rock:
-DBTO

tabasco
Joined a 950cc Club

Post by tabasco »

Baysideintruder wrote:Great pics. Thanks for sharing. I am planning a bike trip in Oct. to either Catskill or Adirondack mountains. Was leaning toward Adirondacks. Looks like a great place to ride. Did you find any outstanding roads to suggest? I did the Tail of the Dragon last year and it was great but the drive from Queens to NC was tooo long. I am going closer to home this year either upstate or Vermont. Anyhow thanks again for sharing pics.
:rock:
Any of those roads in the Adirondack Park section of the state will be good picks.

old time rider
Back on the Road
My Bike: 650Vstrom

Post by old time rider »

A few weeks ago ...Image Lots of men sure died at this place..All americans.. :bow: Third bike mine.

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Concours 1400

Post by Tbeck »

Tom, wish I had known, I would have popped up. Haven't seen the NEIAR gang since .... shoot must be 2005-06.
Hope Click and Jill are well

Digger
Learning My Moped
My Bike: Road Star

Post by Digger »

Did the Finger Lakes last year. Next month heading down from Ontario to the Harley factory in York Pennsylvania and going back via Vermont. Any suggestions on roads to ride would be appreciated. Was thinking highway 100 through Vermont.

tabasco
Joined a 950cc Club

Post by tabasco »

Digger wrote:Did the Finger Lakes last year. Next month heading down from Ontario to the Harley factory in York Pennsylvania and going back via Vermont. Any suggestions on roads to ride would be appreciated. Was thinking highway 100 through Vermont.
Sounds like a good choice.