First Day 2017 Ride

Places you've been to. Things you've seen.
Share your riding and gathering Vids here.
PCC
Joined a 650cc Club
My Bike: GW TRIKE + 1300 Yamaha V Star

First Day 2017 Ride

Post by PCC »

Rode 12.5 miles in the 46° cold... But we did ride! :clap:

Imagephoto hosting

Imageimages hosting
Read My Daily Musings On Numerous Topics
Especially Riding Motorcycles & Camera Captures
Of My Meanderings...

https://pcove99.wixsite.com/website

old time rider
Back on the Road
My Bike: 650Vstrom

Re: First Day 2017 Ride

Post by old time rider »

Rain makes my joints hurt more than cold now that 70 has got me.Rain now and still dark.Joints hurting some.May pop a pill and suit up and meet old coots in Danville.Mid 40s is nice for me if no rain.Just warm enough that good out fit and winter gloves make it nice.
Nice pics you all are posting.Feel I will know you better if we meet on the road.

old time rider
Back on the Road

Post by old time rider »

Ride was both ways rain on C50 but light with lots of standing water from heavy stuff night before.Was ok all day with a few pills.Put elc. hook up back on Vstrom for next time in the teens.Today dry :rock: but cooler.Plan to take the RoadStar out later.

PCC
Joined a 650cc Club
My Bike: GW TRIKE + 1300 Yamaha V Star

Post by PCC »

Jan 2017 was wonderful for riding on those 56-67° days.
Sunday the 29th we scooted over to Carthage, MO.
Temps got down to 46° by the time we rode into the garage. It was great to be out! :putput:
Read My Daily Musings On Numerous Topics
Especially Riding Motorcycles & Camera Captures
Of My Meanderings...

https://pcove99.wixsite.com/website

SuzyRidr2
Joined a 1000cc Club
My Bike: 2001 Suzuki VL1500

Post by SuzyRidr2 »

Rode about 50 miles today - my first ride of 2017. I cut my leg in November; it got really badly infected; cut was on my shin and wouldn't heal; I ended up in hospital for a night in December and a few weeks of follow-up wound care at the local wound center; wound center had me wear a wrap from my toes to my kneecap for a couple months; I could barely get an over-sized tennis shoe on my right foot, let alone a boot, so I didn't ride any for a spell; All better now. It was in the 70s (in February!) today and there were lots of bikes out both yesterday and today. Sure felt good to get out. [space] [emoji106]
lovineveryminuteofit

old time rider
Back on the Road

Post by old time rider »

Todays ride nice and sunny.25 degrees better than yesterday.Most up and down winter I can recall but lucky in mid Kentucky as most the snow split around us.Only three and one half inches so far!SR2 hope that leg heals fast.Since I took the front bumper off my 37 when one of the brackets broke the two that the cruved parts bolt to I did not take off.This gives it a little protection but too often hit my shin on them :bonk: .Even draws blood sometimes with out tearing the jeans. Allways a bruise.After 60 every year seems takes a lot longer for any cut or bruise to heal.Too bad my mind does not keep up with the you are a old fart now! :bonk: Slow down and look out more! :bonk:

SuzyRidr2
Joined a 1000cc Club

Post by SuzyRidr2 »

old time rider wrote:SR2 hope that leg heals fast.
Thanks, Paul. When you only ride 2-3 K a year, like me, it's not hard to make up for it. I might look into attending a rally to shake hands with some of you old coots soon. Haven't done that since 2006. You're on my list of people to meet. Just so you know. [space] [emoji106]
lovineveryminuteofit

old time rider
Back on the Road

Post by old time rider »

Had fun with all met at rally's and on the road or my place.Guess Pinkkingfish and his brother were last two IAs met at a local ride.Bassman came through once when he still rode a lot.He has not posted in while.Hope he is OK.He is one of few older than me!Don not posting?RoadKing just a few more but still on.
SR2 just try to let me know how close you maybe and when.Maybe we can set up a meet between.

old time rider
Back on the Road

Post by old time rider »

37 degrees at 7:30 when going to Danville to meet old coots this AM. Low 40s when we broke up at 10. The new 700 GS BMW in lot again.Nice lookin light weight bike. Light rain before we came out but dry again half way home.Up and down again this week with two below 30 nights and up to 60 for up coming Sat.! :clap: :clap: Polar Bear run by local shop with 150 mile run.Guess this one will be a Teddy Bear run if it gets that high.Rain is called for. :cheers:

SuzyRidr2
Joined a 1000cc Club

Post by SuzyRidr2 »

Does every state have a Danville? NC ... VA ... KY ... IN ... that I know of. [space] :rag:
lovineveryminuteofit

SuzyRidr2
Joined a 1000cc Club

Post by SuzyRidr2 »

Got in about 75 miles to nowhere today. Made a back roads loop up into VA ... Axton, Martinsville, Ridgeway, then back towards home. We hit seventies today and the temptation to go was just too much. Yard needed attention, but I figured it could wait 'til tomorrow. Calling for cooler temps tomorrow and rain moving in tomorrow night, so I figure tomorrow's the better day to clean up, aerate & reseed anyway. It always works out. [space] [emoji106]
lovineveryminuteofit

old time rider
Back on the Road

Post by old time rider »

Got mixed up on polar bear date and this Sat..We are breaking records in Ky.for days in 70s in Feb..Lots of bikes out since most salt off now. Sat. high takes a dip to high 30s or low 40s so better for so called cold ride.
Friend called and wanted me to ride back roads with him and his just starting to ride wife.We did two hours and just unlined long cuff gloves did fine.

old time rider
Back on the Road

Post by old time rider »

About time to leave for Danville to meet up with old coots.42 now but temps to go down to 38 during the day.Had supper with two of coots and our women,and they re not going on PolarBear run today.We have a 10:30 roll out .160mile run called for.Bet turn out is light?

old time rider
Back on the Road

Post by old time rider »

39 when PolarBear run pulled out Sat..Good turn out for 30s with 33 bikes I think that rode.Around 90 showed to look and talk.They cut it in half in miles because some did not think they could make it that cold.Nice little all most all two lane with a few no line roads. No one had any troubles other than one Harleys tour pack coming open. Won a $25 gift card on door prizes and Kentucky won the basketball game so good day. :cheers: