Middle of nowhere!

Places you've been to. Things you've seen.
Share your riding and gathering Vids here.
n-trude
Joined a 450cc Club
My Bike: Honda GW Trike

Middle of nowhere!

Post by n-trude »

I went to Co. to pick up this Mini Mate, camper I found on Craigslist.

It reminded me of the scene in Cast Away, at the end when he was in Texas.

ever seen stone fence posts?

NE_FL
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: VS1400

Re: Middle of nowhere!

Post by NE_FL »

Dang, that's a pretty desolate landscape. Where exactly is that? No trees, no cars on the road, no nothing. :tongue:

n-trude
Joined a 450cc Club
My Bike: Honda GW Trike

Post by n-trude »

OK I went I-70 to Limon Co. South on 71 Once I got on 71 it said NO SERVICES FOR 76 MILES.

THEN IT SAID " DO NOT PICK UP HITCH HIKERS PRISON AHEAD. Nothing till I crossed a river, near 50

SOUTH TO 50 HIGHWAY THEN WEST TO AVOLON I THINK IT WAS THEN SOUTH FROM THERE.

I must say it was in the middle of nowhere. no fences or trees, no buildings......

The guy said bring cash. $2000 I said ok. So I text him on my way there. I got close, and I say wave at
me if you see me. He said OH I am in Denver. Who has the title? My MOM.... :bang:

It worked out but I was very much in no where. I was glad they did not have a hole dug.
they could have said 3rd motorcycle we got this week... :eek:

After leaving his place about 10 miles away a black cloud came down and the wind blew the dust.
Some rain I had to just keep riding... If I had my GO PRO on it would have made a heck of a video.
I just rode out of it..

1sttightwad
Learning My Moped
My Bike: 2008 Suzuki s83

Post by 1sttightwad »

One question.. Was there a good looking gal in a pickup with a dog in back offering directions? If there was she is missing. :cheers:

lonerider
Joined a 650cc Club
My Bike: vs1400

Post by lonerider »

Glad that stop sign is there (pic 1). But maybe a yield sign would have been just as effective. :ahha:

old time rider
Back on the Road
My Bike: 650Vstrom

Post by old time rider »

Really that last one looks like about 90% of Kentucky and Tenn. IMO. Stone fence post seen plenty of. Most at old family grave yards. If you see a old rock fence in a small square way in the sticks can all most bet its a old grave yard. They did not go to town for much and casket made from wood off the farm.Really looks a lot like my view at back of my place.. :putput:

old time rider
Back on the Road
My Bike: 650Vstrom

Post by old time rider »

Thinking again :bonk: Bet as any old farmer recycles the post are old steps took apart and reused? Dad had a old brass bed end as a stall door in the stock barn. A guy that came and bought some of moms old chairs,side boards,etc. asked if any brass beds. After going to the barn Dad sold it to him! [emoji2] :putput:

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

There's a section of highway between Raton,NM to Clayton,NM..Hwy 87.........about 81 miles of nothing just like in your pic Mike.....but a bit greener....
we took that road coming back from Colorado in 2007.....Had a sign about a mile from Raton going east that read.."Speed limits enforced by helicopters" .....speed limit was 80 mph......we averaged 90+mph in that 80 miles stretch.....no fences....no high lines..... just a few mail boxes set back about 10 foot off the road......
Road was dome shaped..I assumed it was for drainage but not sure....didn't see or hear any copters either [emoji106]

We made a pit stop in Hartley, Texas to re-tie our gear and was greeted by a county mounty who turned out not only curious as to where we were going but where we had come from.....he was very cordial and was surprised when we told him we were from Louisiana....
After I informed him we were headed to Amarillo I even asked him if there were any speed traps ahead of us..and he told us nope...not enough LEO's in this part of the country to set up speed traps, he said...... [emoji2]
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"