Sturgis Ky. Rally

Places you've been to. Things you've seen.
Share your riding and gathering Vids here.
n-trude
Joined a 450cc Club
My Bike: Honda GW Trike

Sturgis Ky. Rally

Post by n-trude »

Some who have never been there in July might make a plan. It different.

This picture made the front page of the local Paper... see anything wrong?

See differ bikes and trikes too.

Different people

My brother pulled my Boat Trailer and I pulled MY 55. I said he is in a boat club. I'm in a car club.

Santa was there too, letting girls sit on his lap.

old time rider
Back on the Road
My Bike: 650Vstrom

Re: Sturgis Ky. Rally

Post by old time rider »

Went way back the first for year it got real big. Got at T with the year on it. Late 90s I think? Just like big Sturgis but after SD Sturgis got lawyers all the states cashing in on the name changed the name as did Ky.. My 1400 got hot and clutch went away till it cooled a while.
Sat..A.M. Heat was not a factor.28 called for but a better 32. Did not fool with heated gear but put the fast on bat wing on the dump truck Roadster and rode 50 miles to meet bunch I worked with at I B M machine floor. Less every year as we die off.One still riding but not Sat..He is just a 62 year old kid lol.Was fun and up to 35 for 50 mile ride home.Saw o bikes both ways.

old time rider
Back on the Road

Post by old time rider »

On the any thing wrong? You think the paper thought it was not two bikes and gal on rear of other bike was rear of his?
The last year I was at it a big group of HA were at it in a hay field away from the rest. They posted a guard and rode out and around from time to time. At 70 now these big meets at most places just do not draw me in any more.Since I don't drink much now just not the same.

ride on1946
Tricycles are Cool
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by ride on1946 »

Yep,I know what you mean,I will be turning 71 in feb,still ride as much or more than most young riders,but when we get to were we are going they party and me ,well somebody has to get the rest up the next mourning,nope dont drank or fight anymore but still own 2 cruzors and will ride till I cant.

n-trude
Joined a 450cc Club
My Bike: Honda GW Trike

Post by n-trude »

check out the windshield. This picture was on the front page of local newspaper :lmao:

old time rider
Back on the Road

Post by old time rider »

Guess the proof reader did not see it? [emoji2] Have not been to Little Sturgis,Ky. near as many times as Sturgis,SD. Think all the states cashing in on the name were made to stop? If town was all ready named Sturgis don't see how they could?
79 today and lots of sun! [emoji106] Some wind but after I did my yard work had died down a bit so rolled RoadStar out and took off the fast off bat wing and the lowers on each side. A old loud Virago went by as I was getting ready to start up.Went next to a river on the maise of back roads.At one intersection the old Virago was parked with the gal off.She was getting back on as I stopped and asked if every thing ok. They told me yes and thanks for stopping.We waved as they went on another road and I rolled into Washington,county .A big circle back in to Mercer,county and back home.Nice ride and one hard shell bug to the face only little bad part as just had on a half helment and sun glasses. Summer gloves and my light Klim jacket with all vents open was just right. :putput: