Dragon Tales

Places you've been to. Things you've seen.
Share your riding and gathering Vids here.
maxriderdon
Practicing Bicycling
My Bike: Suzuki GSX1250FA

Dragon Tales

Post by maxriderdon »

Our last trip to the mountains was a bit of a change. 4 wheels instead of 2. The wife and I talked about how we somewhat missed making the trip on the bike. There's just no way 4 is going to feel the same as 2. That said I have to say overall we thoroughly enjoyed the trip and the ride which is what its all about anyway. It rained going up for the first 75 miles or so then fairly good the rest of the way despite Hurrican Matthew not so far away. Being able to put the top up while raining and early moring trips around the mountains was nice. The real test though was riding the Dragon once up/down with wife then once again up/down by myself for the first time being able to push the car to it's limits in respect to hanlding. Wow! it was a blast, different, but great fun. :clap: The other positive was being able to ride in great scenery and roads while being able to listen to some great tunes and actually hear them. :smile: Anywho, I snagged a couple pics posted below from 129Slayer very similar to Killboy.com if you are familiar with them. Oh, we did zip lines while we were up there and I was reallly proud of the wife for doing the whole course. The same day we went to the Dragon we stopped on the way to do some horseback riding. It was actully more fun than I imagined. The last two pics are my wife and up front was our guide. The worst part was having to come back home to the flat straight roads of Florida. BOOO!Oh well we are already talking about when we might be able to come back to the mountains.

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Suzi 1400

Re: Dragon Tales

Post by YoDude »

Very nice. Great read and photos!

Yo-
Intelligence is just the right thing to have, to render yourself extinct.

old time rider
Back on the Road
My Bike: 650Vstrom

Post by old time rider »

Four wheel and four leg travel [emoji2] . Had two rag tops when a young man and its a little better at smell,wind,and view. [emoji106]
My kid and SNL boarded 12 horses a few years and sold all they had before the bottom fell out a few years ago.Got two again but just big pets for the 64 acres.My dad sold the work horses we had before I was four so was not raised around them.After lots of trips down the road to see my kid just how much the horses can act like a dog I would have never dreamed.

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Stolen 1-7-15 Returned 1-21-15

Post by BlacktopTravelr »

Nice pics thanks for posting them. :clap:
:putput: (putt putt putt)
90 to 95% of my replies are for my own entertainment :space: :XmasTree:

SuzyRidr2
Joined a 1000cc Club
My Bike: 2001 Suzuki VL1500

Post by SuzyRidr2 »

Great photos. Thanks for sharing. Never did the Dragon on my two wheels, but I've ridden around Maggie Valley, Cherokee and vicinity on my bike. Maggie has always been a favorite get away place for the wife and me. We did the Dragon, Fontana Dam and Cherohala Skyway in our cage once, but not on the bike. Sad ain't it? [emoji2]
lovineveryminuteofit

NE_FL
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: VS1400

Post by NE_FL »

That area is a great place for a flat-lander to enjoy a change of scenery. Enjoyed the pics! :cheers: