Harley crashes in the Ozarks at OMG

Places you've been to. Things you've seen.
Share your riding and gathering Vids here.
old time rider
Back on the Road
My Bike: 650Vstrom

Re: Harley crashes in the Ozarks at OMG

Post by old time rider »

Thanks,he had luck with him .You said soon and even watched the gal in the wild that poped up.Those hard warm pacs are good to carry if going in cold for days at a time.On the Alaska trip used all of mine.They can as she said make a night with sleep so much better.With my sleep bag froze on the end got in with boots and all on four nights in a row.The warm packs in each boot last longer than they say if you leave them closed up and boot tight.

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Suzi 1400

Post by YoDude »

:soapbox: :bang: :fu: :naughty: :donno: :smile: :clap: :cheers: [emoji106] :bow: :soapbox:

Yo-
Intelligence is just the right thing to have, to render yourself extinct.

MadCow
Site Admin
My Bike: 2023 Pan America Special

Post by MadCow »

old time rider wrote:Thanks,he had luck with him .You said soon and even watched the gal in the wild that poped up.Those hard warm pacs are good to carry if going in cold for days at a time.On the Alaska trip used all of mine.They can as she said make a night with sleep so much better.With my sleep bag froze on the end got in with boots and all on four nights in a row.The warm packs in each boot last longer than they say if you leave them closed up and boot tight.

:bang:
-DBTO

Boonie2
Practicing Bicycling
My Bike: 2002 Vs1400

Post by Boonie2 »

Thats what happens when you lean on the Yellow stripe ! , ANY Intruder rider knows that :bang:
RIDE SAFE :putput:

Kevinch
Practicing Bicycling

Post by Kevinch »

old time rider wrote:Thanks,he had luck with him .You said soon and even watched the gal in the wild that poped up.Those hard warm pacs are good to carry if going in cold for days at a time.On the Alaska trip used all of mine.They can as she said make a night with sleep so much better.With my sleep bag froze on the end got in with boots and all on four nights in a row.The warm packs in each boot last longer than they say if you leave them closed up and boot tight.
:uhh:

I must be missing a few posts or something...
Current: 2014 HD Ultra Limited | 2018 HD Softail Sport Glide
Previous: 2002 Yamaha Midnight Venture | 1996 Suzuki 1400 Intruder | 1976 Honda 550Four | 1980 Kawasaki 440LTD

NE_FL
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: VS1400

Post by NE_FL »

It's really very simple: The first sentence "he had luck with him" is a comment on the original post. The rest of it is just stories and free advice.

Us old timers gotta stick together. [emoji106]

MadCow
Site Admin

Post by MadCow »

I think that was me just ahead of him....I never heard anything or saw anything, except him scraping pegs, but I had already heard that a couple times on that ride...so...didn't pay any attention to it.
-DBTO

NE_FL
Joined a 950cc Club

Post by NE_FL »

98VS1400 wrote:
NE_FL wrote:It's really very simple: The first sentence "he had luck with him" is a comment on the original post. The rest of it is just stories and free advice.

Good, stick together. While you're at it, can ya translate the balance of his post?
Now pay attention, you young squirt: I DID translate the balance of his post as being just stories and free advice. The attention span of you whipper-snappers is hampering your ability to comprehend! Try doing some crossword puzzles to exercise that part of your brain. :cheers:

NE_FL
Joined a 950cc Club

Post by NE_FL »

MadCow wrote:I think that was me just ahead of him....I never heard anything or saw anything, except him scraping pegs, but I had already heard that a couple times on that ride...so...didn't pay any attention to it.
Sounds like a case of overriding his abilities. Feel fortunate that he didn't run up on your rear and take you out with him!

MadCow
Site Admin

Post by MadCow »

NE_FL wrote:
MadCow wrote:I think that was me just ahead of him....I never heard anything or saw anything, except him scraping pegs, but I had already heard that a couple times on that ride...so...didn't pay any attention to it.
Sounds like a case of overriding his abilities. Feel fortunate that he didn't run up on your rear and take you out with him!

Agree, and that road we were on wasn't challenging at all...I mean...look at the video, we were on a sweeper...
-DBTO

old time rider
Back on the Road

Post by old time rider »

Often over ride my abilities :bonk: .Have only had one that I could not ride home in more years than most you kids have been around.Translate this :moon: you bunch of punks! :evil:

SuzyRidr2
Joined a 1000cc Club
My Bike: 2001 Suzuki VL1500

Post by SuzyRidr2 »

Translation = :fu:

What did the rider in this video say happened? I figure he must have scraped a hard part. The boards on an LC fold upward, so scraping them is usually no big deal, but I've hit dips in the road while leaned over that caused the bike to squat down and scrape hard enough to cause me to nearly crap a little in my drawers. It doesn't take much lift to make things go south.

Wow! Did you see that save? What save? ... It was over before I knew I was in trouble. That's how it usually happens to me, anyway. :lmao:
lovineveryminuteofit

old time rider
Back on the Road

Post by old time rider »

My wife hates for me to touch a floor board down.One time I hit the frame after the front wheel went in and out of a hole on the Nomad in Tenn..Man you can tell when its the frame! Pulled over and sure enough paint gone were it hit.Wife was more up set than me. Then I just put on a act of no big deal.The high sheriff I rode with for years had so much fun grinding down the nubs on his RoadStar boards.He had to replace them.A on ramp and he would make it look like a roman candle! [emoji2]

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

NE_FL wrote:It's really very simple: The first sentence "he had luck with him" is a comment on the original post. The rest of it is just stories and free advice.

:funnylast: [emoji106] :cheers:
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Evidently he wasn't looking at the rear tire in front of him.....BTW...it's called target fixation.....

On a ride some years ago we had two riders go down ( yea two Harley's ) in the same curve at 45 mph, the rider in the rear was staring down that rear tire in front of him and just followed him right into the woods....it was not a bad sweeper by any means :bonk:
....although it's a good rule to stare down the rear tire in the front of you there are some disastrous consequences if the guy in front of you goes south instead of west :lmao: :lmao:
Both riders walked away from that mishap...but later on the rear rider tried to sue the front rider for his damages, claiming the other was the cause of his damages..... .....he had no collision or comprehensive insurance on his older bike, just liability.....He lost that suit big time... they don't talk to each other much anymore on local rides :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

n-trude
Joined a 450cc Club
My Bike: Honda GW Trike

Post by n-trude »

Maybe being on a " RENTAL HARLEY " and dragging parts in a curve, scared the heck out of the driver.

He saw $$$$$$ flashing in his eyes, and thinking Oh S***! I might dump this bike and I'm in big trouble.

I think his home bike was a KLH? I think. A Harley is not a KLH, no where near the bike he was use to riding.

I sat on the balcony and talked to him, after.... They did not say here take another Harley and ride it, after
he took the wrecked one back... :evil: