January 9 2016 Winter Ride

Places you've been to. Things you've seen.
Share your riding and gathering Vids here.
Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

January 9 2016 Winter Ride

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

I'm too lazy to make another post with all the pics and such so I'm gonna just transfer the thread I made on the CC board to here.
Hope it works... Checked it out on the preview option and it works just fine....

We had a great ride and an even better get together....we have over a hundred members in our group and as usual with a group this size
most of the time it's the same faithful riders that show up for a ride especially when it's raining and cool with the predicted temps to be falling during the day and the wind going from 5 mph to a gusty 25 mph out of the Northwest.. But we all survived the ride...food was great and the company better..

This morning 24 brave souls gathered together at the local Harley dealership for our monthly HOG ride.. It had just quit raining about 10 minutes prior to our leaving.....destination was to Jasper, Texas some 90 miles distant.....but knowing us we had to take the scenic route going and coming back...242.6 miles .. When we left our hometown it was under clear skies and temps were approaching 60*...just right for a day ride..........pit stop was 50 miles down the road and still in Louisiana the temp had rose to 63*...but by the time we hit Jasper it was a balmy 45* [emoji2] and cloudy...dang the luck..but we survived and all made it home without a hitch..well at least the 9 bikes I came home with..

Getting ready to leave

At the Cedar Tree in Jasper

duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

old time rider
Back on the Road
My Bike: 650Vstrom

Re: January 9 2016 Winter Ride

Post by old time rider »

Looks like fun.We call that nice weather.Today first real snow and ice starting to form as will drop to mid teens by tonight.That riding in the rain most every day last week looks good now.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

During the months of January and February and the first part of March this weather pattern is common place for the deep south
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

frodo
Learning My Moped
My Bike: Suzuki C-50

Post by frodo »

Looks like all you folks had a taste of New York State weather although by January 9th we are well into the "deep freeze" with temperatures in the teens and lower and not many people ride except maybe an Emu or two...Glad you all had a good time! :bow:

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Suzi 1400

Post by YoDude »

I think they all had a pretty good time there Frodo! :cheers:

Yo
Intelligence is just the right thing to have, to render yourself extinct.