Hollister Rally Pics of 2015

Places you've been to. Things you've seen.
Share your riding and gathering Vids here.
YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Suzi 1400

Hollister Rally Pics of 2015

Post by YoDude »

Oh boy...I snapped a few this time around. I didn't manage to hook up with anyone this year so I went solo. The guy I was planning on riding there with on the 4th pretty much blew my own personal plans on how that was supposed to work out, but hey, shit happens. I put a Band-aid on it, it's all better now. [emoji106]

Okay Ladies and Gentleman, your quest is to pinpoint Yo's bike in the midst of all the others and there's quite a few.
Some are HD's and there's a few Victories as well, er, as many as I spotted anyway. I'm sure there were a few that eluded me.

Yo-
Intelligence is just the right thing to have, to render yourself extinct.

MadCow
Site Admin
My Bike: 2023 Pan America Special

Re: Hollister Rally Pics of 2015

Post by MadCow »

We're waiting!!!!

:lmao:
-DBTO

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

Okay so I get into town and I find I'm parked about in the middle of the whole thing, so looking to my left I see these guys.
Now you can't quite tell it in the pic, but the bikes are lined up on both sides of the street and double file row going up the middle of the street as well. That's a crap load of bikes! If you look down the street you'll see a line of trees way down there, that was the end of town in that direction. At least that was where the bikes ended that were in town at one end.

Turning a little more to the right after I moved towards the right, I got this pic that shows the Vault, which was closed in previous years, so far as I know. It's been closed to the public for a number of years, but this rally, they were open. I guess someone saw a gold mine to be made.

Here's a couple shots showing how the bikes were parked in the street.

A little further to the right. Hey that dude there looks like a younger and much taller, Frodo from the purple board!
If you look hard you can see the street lights down the street. Going in that direction, the bikes ended at the third light down, where you can just still see it. Dang that's a LOT of bikes. Also at that first light you see walking from here in that direction, that's the Hella OMG Intersection. It's the crossroads of the two main ways into town.

A few more here...and the list goes on and on.....Bikes everywhere, not to mention the side streets as well, which I also did some wandering around on, just to see what might be out there. I thought it kind of funny that those guys in the tent across the street felt it necessary to have a banner that said, "Rally Merchandise", no foolin', right? Ya think?

The Hella OMG Intersection where I'm really surprised no one actually got hit. Here's a few pics in hopes you can see how was crazy there. The silver truck at the left, kept trying to go, but the bikes just rolled through.
Oh, FINALLY!

Can I have a turn now please?

So that was pretty nutz and was going on all day. The only traffic direction was for pedestrians and the guards would stop vehicles for them. I was good with that.

So wandering around I started snapping photos of whatever. Here's, what I call the StarWars Vic. This thing is crazy looking.

It's got the strangest looking snout, very odd....
The flip side.....

Oh dear, here's another.....

And another.....

And another.....

Oh look honey, there's another Victory.....

Okay, I'll admit, I've gone Victory crazy.....

So getting back on track here and after a couple beers and continuing my expedition, I ran across a few other interesting ones as well....

This HD was REALLY pretty but I kinda wonder whether or not it'll corner at all unless it got an air shock or something to raise it up some.

This thing was unbranded so far as I could see, but I'm wondering, 'cause it did say "Ranger" on the mill.....
It does have a very impressive headlamp setup on it.

This was nice, I liked it!

Oh, did I mention there was a band too? Yep they had that too and were good, but my time schedule was preventing me from sticking around too long.....

Meanwhile, back to bikes.....
When I found this green bike I almost jizzed in my pants [keyword, ALMOST].
I love green bikes, I don't know why.

Then there was this blue one.....

Then another pretty green one.....

And then........There is was, the Holy Grail of Motorcycles......

The Proverbial LSD Bike!

It was a Good 4th of July!

Yo-

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

The unbadged bike looked like a Road Glide
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

Holy crap, I almost forgot...the guy that dropped his bike.

Was THIS guy.....

His buddy said, "Quit being a show off!" LOL I thought that quite humorous. It was a grand day! The dog's bollocks fer sher..

Yo-

NE_FL
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: VS1400

Post by NE_FL »

That Hollister rally looks like a good one! [emoji106] I'd like to go, too bad it's so dang far from NE FL. :bang:

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

Yeah, it was a lot of fun, great weather, lots of people there. Surprisingly however, the bars weren't jam packed when last year they were so crowded you had a time of just moving around inside them. Lots of police presence there as well.

Yo-

MadCow
Site Admin
My Bike: 2023 Pan America Special

Post by MadCow »

Suzuki Johnny wrote:The unbadged bike looked like a Road Glide

Yup

Good pics, thanks Yo!!
-DBTO

PCC
Joined a 650cc Club
My Bike: GW TRIKE + 1300 Yamaha V Star

Post by PCC »

Good pics :clap: :cheers:

Kind funny how when you buy something and then you start to notice them all over the place. I find that to be true in almost everything. :lolfall:
Read My Daily Musings On Numerous Topics
Especially Riding Motorcycles & Camera Captures
Of My Meanderings...

https://pcove99.wixsite.com/website