My Duluth trip

Places you've been to. Things you've seen.
Share your riding and gathering Vids here.
BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Stolen 1-7-15 Returned 1-21-15

My Duluth trip

Post by BlacktopTravelr »

Ok, almost everyone knows I am planning a trip up north to Duluth to see the big 1,000 ft ore ships. Now before I can take that trip I have to put on a new front tire. The tire is ordered and paid for. It should be here this week. BTW Keith it is a Shinko 712F. [emoji2] Which means I am looking at either an end of June or early July trip depending on when I get the tire put on and the trailer made. The way things are going this could be my next to last long trip on the bike. :bonk: The old body isn't as young as it once was and the knees have had way too many bad things happen to them in my life time. :bang: I had hoped to make a few more long trips before giving up the long distance rides. One of those rides was to the west coast to see CA and that young lady admiring Yo's bike. :lmao: I spent my Navy days on the west coast so I wanted to see it again after all these years and see what it looked like during the summer months. [emoji2]

One of the other trips was to the east coast to hopefully meet Keith and his pretty wife Patty. The only time I have been to Fl was the time I went thru the panhandle and didn't see anything because it was raining and I only stopped for gas. :bonk: Hopefully I will be able to make the IsA rally also where ever and whenever it is held. [emoji106]
:putput: (putt putt putt)
90 to 95% of my replies are for my own entertainment :space: :XmasTree:

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

Re: My Duluth trip

From what I hear once you go to an OMG rally you can't wait to go to the next one. I have plans to see as much of Fl as I can. As I said in one of the other threads I don't know how much longer I can ride the 800 and to afford a trike I would have to save up a lot of extra money I just don't have. The bike has a front Shinko on it right now and the last two front tires before were cheap Shinkos.

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Suzi 1400

Post by YoDude »

98VS1400 wrote:A Shinko, huh? Brave man you must be, hmm. (Think Yoda voice)

Make the IsA rally, because I'm in central Florida. That's a good 5 hours down into the state and its hot as nuts here right now. Will be until September too, I bet.

Depending on when we do the rally, Patty might attend. She's already talking about next year's OMG! Surprising, I didn't think she enjoyed it that much.
You gots to watch out for the women folks. Once you get them excited, you may not be prepared for the outcome. Next thing you know, she might start going crazy. Next thing ya know she might be running around half nekkid and drinking Mai Tais...always remember, "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun"! And they can all get crazy that way if left unguarded!

Yo-
Intelligence is just the right thing to have, to render yourself extinct.

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

98VS1400 wrote:
BlacktopTravelr wrote:I would have to save up a lot of extra money I just don't have.
:bonk:
The word you are overlooking is "extra" money I don't have. I get just enough every month to make it to the next SS payment but I have nothing to save. :bang:

Got an email and the Shinko tire is on it's way to my front door. :clap:

PCC
Joined a 650cc Club
My Bike: GW TRIKE + 1300 Yamaha V Star

Post by PCC »

John can you get a little longer piece welded on the tongue of teardrop trailer and take it?
Read My Daily Musings On Numerous Topics
Especially Riding Motorcycles & Camera Captures
Of My Meanderings...

https://pcove99.wixsite.com/website

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

PCC wrote:John can you get a little longer piece welded on the tongue of teardrop trailer and take it?
Yes, there is a shop about 12 miles away that can put a longer tongue on it. I stopped in once before when I first got the teardrop and asked about a longer tongue and he said he had a piece of pipe he could use. Actually I'm thinking about 2 feet would be long enough to help. :blink: