2016 IsA Rally

Places you've been to. Things you've seen.
Share your riding and gathering Vids here.
MadCow
Site Admin
My Bike: 2023 Pan America Special

Re: 2016 IsA Rally

Post by MadCow »

I'm in... [emoji106] [emoji106]

I'm going to nominate somewhere in Georgia...
-DBTO

MadCow
Site Admin

Post by MadCow »

For what it's worth, I've led many group rides...

Even done large PGR rides as ride captain...(although I no longer associate with PGR)
-DBTO

MadCow
Site Admin

Post by MadCow »

98VS1400 wrote:Update: Mike is the co-chairman for the IsA Rally...

I'm in
-DBTO

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

I am definitely all for a IsA rally in 2016.......I'm officially throwing my hat in the ring...and most likely Dickie's too.....You folks have read in some of my posts about Dickie..he and I have traveled around for a while now and when ever I suggest a long distance ride first thing out of his mouth is "When we leaving>? [emoji2] he never asks where we're going, just when are we leaving. :rock:
.....Anyway you'll will get to meet him next year, he is a character like no other... and a better Friend and riding buddy anyone could ask for.. he rides a 2003 Anniversary Harley Low Rider that is in immaculate shape and condition 24/7/365..Here he is ..pic was taken at Big Bend National Park in 2010
And here we are at the McDonald's observatory in Fort Davis on the same trip

Back to the rally.....
I've found that everyone that is planning on going to a rally ...anywhere.... has something valuable to add to the suggestive mode of the rally...whether it be a locale with great riding roads or finding suitable lodging for the group and even suggesting better roads to take in certain areas traveling to the rally....course knowledge so to speak .
And even better yet would be to find someone who has prior knowledge of the terrain and knows the better and safer routes for the rides with suitable fuel, eateries and rest or look out areas... ....

At present I'm looking into how far the furthest a member would have to travel to make the rally..
Using several members location... I'm looking at anywhere from 500 to 750 miles , one way for every rider....some will be able to make it in one day's ride...other's will have to take it in two days ride..

More to come later....
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

MadCow
Site Admin

Post by MadCow »

Looking forward to more info :)

LET'S DO THIS
-DBTO

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Keith...Post this thread on the CC board so everyone has a better chance of viewing it..
just a suggestion...

And you can start a planned participation list now on this thread.
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"