Packed and Ready to Go

Places you've been to. Things you've seen.
Share your riding and gathering Vids here.
Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Packed and Ready to Go

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Headed out this am to Lafayette, Louisiana for a HOG Rally...we plan on riding all three days, Today, Friday and Saturday.
We will have a good representation of our local HOG group at the rally..

https://allevents.in/scott/cajun-countr ... 2016290951

Will try to take some pics to share this Saturday evening..In the meantime you'll play nice and I'll be talking to you guys :ShitGrinandThumb:
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Re: Packed and Ready to Go

Post by Designer »

Good for You!

Ride for us guy's who are waiting on our Riding Season.

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

We rode for 546 miles in the three day rally in Lafayette, Louisiana for the Cajun HOG rally.

Over 1,000 folks submitted entry fees with 97 HOG Chapters represented from Las Vegas Nevada to Michigan.
With 6 guided rides and 6 self guided rides there was plenty of places to visit and many miles of Cajun country side to pass yourself on.
Cajun and Zydeco plus some other family oriented bands playing every night and many more on Saturday danced the evenings and nights away.
These are some of the pics I took of the bikes in the parking area and others being lined up for the various rides. it was close to being a huge cluster F&%k for a while but the Cajun group sorted things out and from there everything ran smoothly like clockwork.

There were also guided 25 mile demo rides on every model of bike that Harley Davidson produces and it was a popular venue as at least a hundred folks rode each and every day.

I only made one guided ride ( The Boudin Ride) since I knew the area real well so we headed out for a leisurely 210 mile ride on Thursday after registration, along the Atchafalaya Basin Leavee heading south to Lake Fausse Pointe State park near New Iberia, Louisiana.. and had lunch in Abbeville, Louisiana at Shucks, one of the premier Cajun restaurants located in that area.

Lake Fausse Pointe State Park is located in Iberia Parish, Louisiana and St. Martin Parish, Louisiana, USA. It is located about 18 miles east of St. Martinville adjacent to the Atchafalaya Basin. The park is 6,000 acres in size and was once the home of the Chitimacha Indians.

Friday we made the Boudin ride and it was well worth the trip for the food although some of the country roads we traveled were commented on by our Northern brethren as underground parking LOL . Louisiana has the best politicians money can buy.
They busted the larger groups into groups of 25 bikes with a Lead and Sweep Road Captains so nobody could possibly get lost, but several did anyway. There were 8 rides leaving from the dealership every 30 minutes beginning at 8:30am Friday and Saturday mornings.
Image One of the places on our three stops..

Saturday we headed to Avery island near New Iberia to the Tabasco bottling Plant
which sits atop a salt dome. after touring the facility itself we also took a walk on the grounds where the gift shop and Museum was located.
The grounds are well kept and the scenery on the Island are beautiful.

the Group...

We also toured the storage facility which houses hundreds of barrels of the hot sauce, the warehouse is huge . that white stuff is Salt and it's put on the barrel covers to help persevere the mixture...The mixture is kept in the barrels for a period of three years before it's ready for consumption.

Last but not least is a pic of me and my roomie for the weekend.. Red and JB
Since my life long riding buddy Dickie, has quit riding, Red and I have been hitting the distance trips together..
we both ride Trikes and we get along really great.
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

Sounds like you had a really great time. Glad that it went well for you.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

navigator
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: VS800

Post by navigator »

That's a lot of Hot Sauce. :ShitGrinandThumb:

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Post by Designer »

navigator wrote:
Mon Apr 11, 2022 9:11 am
That's a lot of Hot Sauce. :ShitGrinandThumb:
Yessiree! And I bet our resident Board Member Tabasco is swooning of that picture.

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!