Pictures: Nashville, Ray Stevens, Chattanooga, and more

Places you've been to. Things you've seen.
Share your riding and gathering Vids here.
franktiregod
Joined a 900cc Club
My Bike: SUZUKI

Pictures: Nashville, Ray Stevens, Chattanooga, and more

Post by franktiregod »

I delivered some glass to a place Ray Stevens was building in Nashville last winter. I mentioned it to Angie and she said she wanted to go to Nashville so I told her when the weather warmed I would take her to Ray's place to see a show.

Well this summer has sucked for us and we haven't got to ride near a much as we normally do. But I planned a whole weekend of riding for her birthday. We left Friday morning (ish) and headed to Nashville. The traffic in Chattanooga was horrendous. Between a ball game, evacuees, and holiday traffic it was brutal. Even the back roads were jammed.

We finally made it through Chattanooga and it was clear sailing UNTIL we got to Nashville and there was a car fire on 24 that gridlock the traffic again.

We made it to the hotel in time to take a quick shower, dress and head over to Caba Ray. It was a great experience! At 80 years old the man still puts on a show. After the show he comes to the lobby and takes pictures with fans then heads over to the piano bar where he and and another guy sang all kinds of songs until midnight. It was a small group of about 35 or so and we had a blast.

The backup singers were called The Hussies. This ole gal on the left there had legs that went on forever and she not only sang but played fiddle too.

The next morning we headed over to Cooters Place, a Dukes of Hazzard museum. The amount of Dukes stuff they have in this building is amazing.

We left there and stopped by the Grand Ole Opry for some quick pictures then headed to Bell Buckle for a small restaurant Dan recommended. It was really good.

We finished off the weekend riding Tennessee, North Georgia, and North Carolina. I have a LOT more pictures but with Photobuckets crappy ass hosting, it is such a pain in the ass to post them you will just have to take my word for it. Sorry. [emoji2]

MattSunn
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: Sportsters

Re: Pictures: Nashville, Ray Stevens, Chattanooga, and more

Post by MattSunn »

Cool pics, thanks.