Every put a trike bicycle together in one day

Keep it civil
BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Stolen 1-7-15 Returned 1-21-15

Every put a trike bicycle together in one day

Post by BlacktopTravelr »

Me neither. :bonk: I was asked to go to Henryetta to put together her bicycle trike. This thing cost almost $500 and isn't worth it. I could have got the same trike for $300.

I had a huge long thread all typed up and ready to post when I decided to delete that thread because I figured it was too long. The board doesn't need to hear how the frame doesn't go together like the instructions say it will. They don't need to hear about how I can only use 2 bolts instead of 4 to hold the rear frame to the front frame. I used two bolts and the two rear gear bolts to hold the rear axle piece to the front frame piece. Worked like it was built that way. I put the seat on, the handlebars and foot pedals. I have her sit on it and everything is just about right. :clap:

So I go to put the front brake on and I am lost. The instructions might as well have been written in Chinese. I don't understand a word of it. So I go to the computer and find a video that shows the same type of brake and it has pics. :bow: I get the brake handle put on, I run the cable and put all the little stuff on the brake pad arms and when I go to thread the cable the last piece doesn't have the holes I need to put the cable thru. :bang: So it is Dr. Pepper time and video time. No help online because all the vids say that last nut should have a hole in it and it doesn't. I tell her it is 5 pm and I am tired and frustrated and will be back later, like the day after Christmas. That is when she tells me she doesn't use the front brake only the coaster brakes. I just spent 45 minutes trying to figure out how to assemble something she doesn't even used. :lmao: Anyway, after working on it all day it still isn't put together and I have probably two more hours because I have to figure out how to put the cable on the 3 speed hub. :bonk: This looks like a 2 ltr Dr. Pepper job. :lolfall: :hat:
:putput: (putt putt putt)
90 to 95% of my replies are for my own entertainment :space: :XmasTree:

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Re: Every put a trike bicycle together in one day

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

To someone who is unable to read those same instructions you are referring to...
may I say this thread is useless without pics.. :big grin:
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

MadCow
Site Admin
My Bike: 2023 Pan America Special

Post by MadCow »

Here's t hoping everything works out on your project... :cheers: :cheers:
-DBTO

Jolsen
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: ZG-XII and VS-XIV
Moniker: Postmaster

Post by Jolsen »

How handy capped can they be and still ride a bike but needs a hover round...

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
VS1400 Wiring Diagram INFOWARS
Its not my job to prove myself every time I state facts. Its YOUR job to look it up and find out what I say is true.

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

Yeh, that's more like it. I don't have a camera or at least not one I carry with me while I am in the van. :Umm:

She can't walk without support and she can't talk. Not a word she says can I understand. ;IDunno:

NE_FL
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: VS1400

Post by NE_FL »

I know something about trike bicycles, should have consulted me first! See my rank? "tricycles are cool."

As an aside, Yo the chief moderator has my permission to upgrade my rank at any time to something more dignified. I don't usually post a lot of :bs: so at this rate I'll be riding a trike for the next 3 years!

edit:
:big grin: DANG! now I'm practicing on a bicycle and it didn't take 3 years to get off the trike!

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

So is a bicycle something more dignified? :Umm: :lolfall: :cheers:

NE_FL
Joined a 950cc Club

Post by NE_FL »

Absolutely! Going from 3 wheels to 2 is definitely making progress. :cheers:

Now if I only knew what the next step will be. :confused:

:big grin:

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Suzi 1400

Post by YoDude »

NE_FL wrote:Absolutely! Going from 3 wheels to 2 is definitely making progress. :cheers:

Now if I only knew what the next step will be. :confused:

:big grin:
Of course, as in anything, there's a learning curve all people must go through before they can join a MC Club.
You'll have to practice a lot, study the MC handbook, pass the written test and the circle test. Once you receive your M1 license, you'll have the experience to become a member of a 250cc Club, your first real bike club will be realized at 500 posts.

To some, this may seem a long way to go just to join a club. For others, that feat can be reached in just a few days time. The frequency of rank becomes somewhat unpredictable after you reach the 950cc club and you'll be in for some shocking surprises along the road as well once you get that 950cc bike.

So far, there are ranks up to 1100cc bikes. I add more as necessary. It's going to take everyone quite some number of posts to reach the 1400cc status, but there will be fun along the way.

The design of the ranking system is to encourage people to post, which seems to work pretty well for some of our members. :XmasTree:

Oh yeah, and I went looking for the post number setting, I didn't find anything that allows it. I'll consult higher powers to see if I'm missing anything.

Yo-
Intelligence is just the right thing to have, to render yourself extinct.

Jolsen
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by Jolsen »

I ain't gonna touch that.

Its not my job to prove myself every time I state facts. Its YOUR job to look it up and find out what I say is true.

Jolsen
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by Jolsen »

What that I am not going to tell John who to marry.

old time rider
Back on the Road
My Bike: 650Vstrom

Post by old time rider »

Put one togehter long ago when my little gal was three.It was old style with coaster rear brake and none in front so real simple.That brings up a tale I like.Told on other board so for lots is a rerun.It was early 70s and my little gal was riding same bicycle in my gravel drive in front of house and barn.She was four and had had the training wheels off a good while :thumbup: .I was in the basement with door open working on my 66FLH chopper.She came down the steep hill walking'Daddy my chain came off,"she said."Bring it here and Daddy will fix it honey".In about two minutes a loud scared yell out side then a thud into the wire farm fence behind my lot!!Knew what it was as soon as the yell came out but was not fast enough to grab her before the fence.As I picked her up and checked her out for blood or bo bo's told her."Its Daddys fault honey,did not tell you it had no brakes with chain draging!"She had jumped on at top of hill after a push and was going to ride it down :big grin: .Even in her 40s now still so good lookin and can wrap me around her little finger like when preschool :smile: :kiss: :kiss: She gives me so many books right now got 50 SHADES of RUST part of her Christmas gifts to me that am reading when waiting for this junk to work.

Jolsen
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by Jolsen »

Cool story bro

old time rider
Back on the Road
My Bike: 650Vstrom

Post by old time rider »

That brings another one up :big grin: Grandson had just turned five.Day after he was with me a few hours and asked"Grandaddy mom said you got her a dirt bike when she was five.Will you get me one?"Told him"Your mom was four when she took off hre training wheels.You learn to ride with out them and I will find you one."Next day my SNLs pu pulls up my kid gets out as my grandson jumps out the other door and yells as he runs to tail gate."Granddaddy look!!He pulls out his bicycle with no training wheels and rides it around and around.After telling me what I told him the day before they leave.Grab the paper and see a 50cc Yamaha YZ.Get on the sportster and ride to look at it about five miles the other side of town so around 12 miles total.Its a one owner he got for his kid when she was seven but still looked and sounded great.I paind him$500 and he asked "when do want to pick it up?""Now is good told him".He could not keep from laughing as I strapped it to sizzybar and it sat on back seat.It was the last year they were yellow/white before going to blue like now.Got more than one blast and wave from truckers as I went back into town on the four lane. :big grin:

Jolsen
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by Jolsen »

Nice story. My little brother has a kz65 he started on a ktm50

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

Going over tomorrow to finish up what I started and to order something online. I don't know why, but I can't add anything to my cart, no matter what site I am on, when I am online at home. :bonk: I guess it has something to do with my slow azz internet. :Umm: ;IDunno:

Jolsen
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by Jolsen »

Some go years and never reach 2000 posts

NE_FL
Joined a 950cc Club

Post by NE_FL »

To be fair, add the posts in both IA together for a post count. Some of us are not really rookies at this, ya know.

Why NE_FL, what a wonderful idea! I like it! :cheers:

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

cheapcookies wrote:So... If the goal is to encourage posting, why start the ballbreaking at 2450 or whatever?

-cc

YoDude wrote:Of course, as in anything, there's a learning curve all people must go through before they can join a MC Club.
You'll have to practice a lot, study the MC handbook, pass the written test and the circle test. Once you receive your M1 license, you'll have the experience to become a member of a 250cc Club, your first real bike club will be realized at 500 posts.

To some, this may seem a long way to go just to join a club. For others, that feat can be reached in just a few days time. The frequency of rank becomes somewhat unpredictable after you reach the 950cc club and you'll be in for some shocking surprises along the road as well once you get that 950cc bike.

So far, there are ranks up to 1100cc bikes. I add more as necessary. It's going to take everyone quite some number of posts to reach the 1400cc status, but there will be fun along the way.

The design of the ranking system is to encourage people to post, which seems to work pretty well for some of our members. :XmasTree:

Oh yeah, and I went looking for the post number setting, I didn't find anything that allows it. I'll consult higher powers to see if I'm missing anything.

Yo-
I'd run out of bike sizes if I didn't add some filler material.

Yo-

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

NE_FL wrote:To be fair, add the posts in both IA together for a post count. Some of us are not really rookies at this, ya know.

Why NE_FL, what a wonderful idea! I like it! :cheers:
Can't add to your post count, only subtract. I can demonstrate how that works, if you like :naughty:

Yo-