Language barrier

Keep it civil
jeffcoslacker
Back on the Road
My Bike: Kugelblitz-Kriegshammer 2200

Language barrier

Post by jeffcoslacker »

We hire contract drivers. They get paid a flat rate ($100/day) and use their own vehicles. I don't consider it to be a very good deal, but people do it.

Anyway they work an eight hour day, they run deliveries, and they have to help out in the warehouse if there's nothing going out right away when they return.

We hired a guy that is foreign, not sure what/where but I thought maybe Turkish or Armenian or something. I saw him talking to the warehouse manager who was telling him how things worked. A while later they sent him out with his first deliveries.

Quite a while later (like 2 hours) I heard management buzzing about this guy not being back yet...the stuff he had was like 40 minutes out and back if I ran it. Half and hour later, when he still hasn't returned, they called his phone...

He went home after those deliveries. Thought he'd made the easiest $100/day ever. What a job! What a country! $100 a day and home in time for Jerry Springer. Apparently he didn't realize this is a 8 hour job, not a go home once you're empty, one run a day job. :lmao:

Something got lost in translation...hilarious. [emoji2]

KAJUN
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: HARLEY THE BIG MOTHER

Re: Language barrier

Post by KAJUN »

Were his instructions in English or his native language....?

Reason I ask this is because there is an ad in the local news rag that's asking for anyone with leadership qualities that can speak Spanish.......About 4 years ago a large local construction site was raided by INS.......of the 200+ employees working there only 25 showed up the next morning for work... :bonk:
The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.