I was out last week...

Keep it civil
MadCow
Site Admin
My Bike: 2023 Pan America Special

I was out last week...

Post by MadCow »

.well..not on very much over the last 10 days or so.

April 5th I made a run down to the Gulf Coast of MS, as my father took a turn for the worse. On April 7th, while holding his hand, he departed this world at the ripe old age of 87. I'm not looking for sympathy, I just want to point out that my Dad had one hell of a run...and in the end, was admired and respected by so many.

I'll miss fishing with him at his favorite honey hole...you know...the one we never ever caught a single fish out of...but that was not the point...spending time and chatting him up...and just being there was the plan.

The man I thought was going to live forever turned out to be mortal like the rest of us. I'm a better man just for knowing him and having the right to say I was his son.
-DBTO

FallenAngel
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: Suzuki Intruder 1400

Re: I was out last week...

Post by FallenAngel »

My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family My Friend

The Fallen Angel

BoDog
Joined a 450cc Club
My Bike: None anymore

Post by BoDog »

I lost my dad in 2012 at 83 years of age. Little did I know how much it would change my life, God I miss that man. I only wish he would’ve Known his great grandson Tanner, he would’ve been the light of his life as he is mine.

Sorry to hear about your dad. I’m sure glad you were there with him when he passed, I’m sure it was a great comfort to him. I was there for my dad also, And as painful as it was, I’m glad I was there.

DevilsFan
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2018 Honda CB650F

Post by DevilsFan »

Sorry to hear about your father's passing. May he rest in peace.

Dad's are definitely special. If you haven't already, you will see him in yourself daily. And that's the best way to know he will always be with you.

Again, sorry for your loss.
There will be a time where you will no longer be able to use, "But...I didn't know!", as an excuse. And if you're exiled from society, well, you were warned.

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

Sorry to hear about your dad. Lost mine 3 years ago last month, he was 84. I miss him every day.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

wally w
Passed the Circle Test
My Bike: 1987 VS700

Post by wally w »

Look in the mirror he's there.

Cuban
Bike out of hock
My Bike: Intruder

Post by Cuban »

Oh, so sorry to hear about your Dad. Rest in peace OldCow... :sad:

JFL Live
Joined a 950cc Club

Post by JFL Live »

Thoughts and prayers... lost mine in 2009.
_I"T"|[___|___]
[---T--L -OlllllllO-]
()_)"""()_)/"**")_)

You will ride eternal, shiny and chrome...

navigator
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: VS800

Post by navigator »

Lost mine in '95, I think of him every day.
87 years certainly is a good run.

KAJUN
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: HARLEY THE BIG MOTHER

Post by KAJUN »

Sorry for your loss.....it's a pity that if you live long enough you will see both of your parents depart this world of ours..

My father passed away at age 76 in 1994...and like you we fished the same ole places over and over again...not because we caught fish there..it was out of the wind ( in the marsh ) and we could converse at leisure....Dad was one of the "Greatest Generation"..he served in the US Navy aboard the USS GUAM in the pacific as part of the seventh fleet.....he never talked much about his service.. I think of him every day...he was my Hero.

Grieve you will ...but life goes on, but it doesn't get any easier..
.I'm so glad he was such a big part of your life
The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.

MadCow
Site Admin

Post by MadCow »

Thanks everyone!

My family is planning a memorial ride for him next year in the Springfield, MO area. Have lots of family in that area...
-DBTO

franktiregod
Joined a 900cc Club
My Bike: SUZUKI

Post by franktiregod »

I just saw this. Very sorry to hear about it. Its rough for sure. I lost mine in 2003.

We argued about everything. I never knew how much I would miss our debates. If I said something was black he would say its white. Lol

But he gave me my love for cars even though he was a Ford man and I became a Mopar man.

I miss him. And I find myself saying "my daddy used to say" all the time. For a man with little education he sure had some wisdom.

MadCow
Site Admin

Post by MadCow »

franktiregod wrote:I just saw this. Very sorry to hear about it. Its rough for sure. I lost mine in 2003.

We argued about everything. I never knew how much I would miss our debates. If I said something was black he would say its white. Lol

But he gave me my love for cars even though he was a Ford man and I became a Mopar man.

I miss him. And I find myself saying "my daddy used to say" all the time. For a man with little education he sure had some wisdom.

I would have never took you for a Mopar man.

:hahafinger:
-DBTO

franktiregod
Joined a 900cc Club
My Bike: SUZUKI

Post by franktiregod »

MadCow wrote:
franktiregod wrote:I just saw this. Very sorry to hear about it. Its rough for sure. I lost mine in 2003.

Mopar!! :bow:

My first car was a 60 Chevy Impala. I HATED it. But mostly it was my own fault because I dogged the hell out of that car. My second car was a 74 Duster, 318, mild cam, duals, and even some cool M/T valve covers. What more could a 16 year old redneck ask for? Except for the little brunette that rode in it with me, that is. And I had that too.
I loved it. A Mopar man was born.

I have owned a little of everything over the years and still do but Mopar is and will always be my brand. :rock:

MadCow
Site Admin

Post by MadCow »

franktiregod wrote:
MadCow wrote:

Mopar!! :bow:

My first car was a 60 Chevy Impala. I HATED it. But mostly it was my own fault because I dogged the hell out of that car. My second car was a 74 Duster, 318, mild cam, duals, and even some cool M/T valve covers. What more could a 16 year old redneck ask for? Except for the little brunette that rode in it with me, that is. And I had that too.
I loved it. A Mopar man was born.

I have owned a little of everything over the years and still do but Mopar is and will always be my brand. :rock:
Ain't nothing wrong with that! My dream car is a Hellcat.
-DBTO

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

My first car was a plymouth that my grandad gave me.

My second car was a 56 Chevy Bel Air 4 door.

My dream car...

I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

MadCow
Site Admin

Post by MadCow »

Herb wrote:
My dream car...

Wow! Yeah...that car looks bad ass....too bad they don't make'em like that any more. I'd love to a car that looked just like that but had all the modern technology in it.
-DBTO

old time rider
Back on the Road
My Bike: 650Vstrom

Post by old time rider »

Sorry about your Dad. Mine was good shape till last year of his life and died at 89. Had lost my mom to cancer ten years before and the fact no parents alive now was really hard.
Frank my only new cars were two Mopars.As motorcycles sure not brand loyal and 57 Chevy only ones I owned four of. My dream one is 33 Mopar coupe or truck. At cruise in Sat. Gal told me of the 85 trucks and cars she would rather have mine than any!My friends $70,000 32 roaster was next to it and the over $75,000 build on the 38 I owned was a show.Have posted is a of it,it's green. Asked where her dog was? :cheers: :putput:

BoDog
Joined a 450cc Club
My Bike: None anymore

Post by BoDog »

MadCow wrote:Thanks everyone!

My family is planning a memorial ride for him next year in the Springfield, MO area. Have lots of family in that area...

You guys doing OK?

MadCow
Site Admin

Post by MadCow »

BoDog wrote:
MadCow wrote:Thanks everyone!

You guys doing OK?

Yes sir, we're good and thank you for asking :)
-DBTO