Behold the sight

Keep it civil
jeffcoslacker
Back on the Road
My Bike: Kugelblitz-Kriegshammer 2200

Behold the sight

Post by jeffcoslacker »

...of every hybrid vehicle on the planet being rendered irrelevant.

[youtube][/youtube]

Pretty sure I've posted before, but it never fails to impress.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Re: Behold the sight

Post by Designer »

Oh My Gosh! I've seen steam locomotives put out way lees smoke! (I'm big on Steam Engines [emoji2] ).

With flames like that, how that thing not catch fire and burn to the tracks! :uhh:

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!

JFL Live
Joined a 950cc Club

Post by JFL Live »

They must use old tires for fuel...
_I"T"|[___|___]
[---T--L -OlllllllO-]
()_)"""()_)/"**")_)

You will ride eternal, shiny and chrome...

jeffcoslacker
Back on the Road

Post by jeffcoslacker »

JFL Live wrote:They must use old tires for fuel...
It burns tree hugger tears.

jeffcoslacker
Back on the Road

Post by jeffcoslacker »

Designer wrote:Oh My Gosh! I've seen steam locomotives put out way lees smoke! (I'm big on Steam Engines [emoji2] ).

With flames like that, how that thing not catch fire and burn to the tracks! :uhh:
You need to watch this. The Chinese work these tired old steam engines non-stop in the iron pits...very skilled operators, this is steep grade and very slick rails. Listen for the wheelslip [emoji106]

The steam/smoke blow is beautiful in the low light. Imagine how much potential power is going up outta the stack there? :blink:

[youtube][/youtube]

lonerider
Joined a 650cc Club
My Bike: vs1400

Post by lonerider »

I spent a couple of weeks in Japan in the late 1960s. Rode a train from Tokyo to Aomori in northern Japan pulled by an old steam locomotive belching black smoke. It was memorable and felt like going back in time to the old American west. There were 3 passenger cars loaded with folks in the seats and sleeping on the floor. The seats were hard wood benches and very uncomfortable.

BoDog
Joined a 450cc Club
My Bike: None anymore

Post by BoDog »

Incredible!

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Post by Designer »

jeffcoslacker wrote:
Designer wrote:Oh My Gosh! I've seen steam locomotives put out way lees smoke! (I'm big on Steam Engines [emoji2] ).
You need to watch this. The Chinese work these tired old steam engines non-stop in the iron pits...very skilled operators, this is steep grade and very slick rails. Listen for the wheelslip [emoji106]

The steam/smoke blow is beautiful in the low light. Imagine how much potential power is going up outta the stack there? :blink:
When climbing with a full load of Freight I can see how that can happen. Alot more weight than passenger cars for sure! There is only so much of a uphill grade any engine can pull up..steel-to-steel isn't much for traction.

Take a look at this video at the 3:50 mark. This Steam Engine puts out way less smoke at the same speed as that Russian diesel. :blink: There must be something outta whack if a diesel engine puts out flames like that one did!

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=video+steam+e ... PXgGnKhEdQ

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!

jeffcoslacker
Back on the Road

Post by jeffcoslacker »

Designer wrote:
jeffcoslacker wrote:

When climbing with a full load of Freight I can see how that can happen. Alot more weight than passenger cars for sure! There is only so much of a uphill grade any engine can pull up..steel-to-steel isn't much for traction.

Take a look at this video at the 3:50 mark. This Steam Engine puts out way less smoke at the same speed as that Russian diesel. :blink: There must be something outta whack if a diesel engine puts out flames like that one did!

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=video+steam+e ... PXgGnKhEdQ
Yeah that old diesel loco is running hella rich, either an injector/pump timing problem or if its a blower-type there's an air induction problem. Johnnycando would probably know, he's an engineer.

Anyway that's so much raw fuel piling up in the manifold it can't even get turned into choking soot...just flares off in the stack.

Take a look sometime at the old Smokin' ALCOs still running in regular service in India.

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Stolen 1-7-15 Returned 1-21-15

Post by BlacktopTravelr »

That wheel slip make it sound like it had a rod a knocking. :lolfall: I'd be afraid all those embers would set that coal in those cars on fire. :blink:
:putput: (putt putt putt)
90 to 95% of my replies are for my own entertainment :space: :XmasTree:

KAJUN
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: HARLEY THE BIG MOTHER

Post by KAJUN »

The sounds of the approaching steam engine reminds me of the movie "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid"......Who are those guys?
The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.

jeffcoslacker
Back on the Road

Post by jeffcoslacker »

BlacktopTravelr wrote:That wheel slip make it sound like it had a rod a knocking. :lolfall: I'd be afraid all that embers would set that coal in those cars on fire. :blink:
Iron ore in those cars. They're safe.

JFL Live
Joined a 950cc Club

Post by JFL Live »

KAJUN wrote:The sounds of the approaching steam engine reminds me of the movie "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid"......Who are those guys?

_I"T"|[___|___]
[---T--L -OlllllllO-]
()_)"""()_)/"**")_)

You will ride eternal, shiny and chrome...

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Stolen 1-7-15 Returned 1-21-15

Post by BlacktopTravelr »

jeffcoslacker wrote:
BlacktopTravelr wrote:That wheel slip make it sound like it had a rod a knocking. :lolfall: I'd be afraid all those embers would set that coal in those cars on fire. :blink:
Iron ore in those cars. They're safe.
I just went by the clip title saying it was a coal mine railway. :blink:
:putput: (putt putt putt)
90 to 95% of my replies are for my own entertainment :space: :XmasTree:

KAJUN
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: HARLEY THE BIG MOTHER

Post by KAJUN »

JFL Live wrote:
KAJUN wrote:The sounds of the approaching steam engine reminds me of the movie "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid"......Who are those guys?

Butch Cassidy: Well, that ought to do it.

[after blowing the train car to smithereens]

Sundance Kid: Think ya used enough dynamite there, Butch?

Boy, I got vision, and the rest of the world wears bifocals.
The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.