CL Personals shut down, maybe just as well

Keep it civil
jeffcoslacker
Back on the Road
My Bike: Kugelblitz-Kriegshammer 2200

CL Personals shut down, maybe just as well

Post by jeffcoslacker »

Interesting. I may be late to the party on this, but craigslist shut down their personals section due to new law that went into effect last week (HR 1865) that as I understand it allows for an online provider of classified ad space like CL to be prosecuted in cases of sex trafficking or prostitution, etc.

I'm not sure how I feel about that as a legal abstract.

If you follow that logic, can you also prosecute them for cases where people have robbed and/or killed others in bogus CL transaction setups...? Same line of thinking, facilitation equals complicity...slippery slope starts coming to mind...

What do you think?

And where the hell am I gonna find a good hotel underaged midget gangbang now? :hellfire:

:lmao:

JFL Live
Joined a 950cc Club

Re: CL Personals shut down, maybe just as well

Post by JFL Live »

jeffcoslacker wrote:
And where the hell am I gonna find a good hotel underaged midget gangbang now? :hellfire:

I have one chained down in the pit in my basement. (except mine is a hunchback)
_I"T"|[___|___]
[---T--L -OlllllllO-]
()_)"""()_)/"**")_)

You will ride eternal, shiny and chrome...

Prodigal_Sun
Joined a 250cc Club
My Bike: 03 FXDWG

Post by Prodigal_Sun »

You'd think at some point Law would catch up with technology.

With the amount of information easily accessible it has to be far easier to catch people on a first attempt at a crime than it used to be.

I know from run-ins with the law in my wayward youth that most sentencing is based on the assumption that a "perp" commits a crime on average of 500 times before they get caught. There is no such thing as a "first offense" to the courts. Not that anybody would ever admit that on the record, of course.
:evil: [emoji56]

I have a lot of opinions, some of them professional, some of them educated, most of them I just pulled out of my @$$

Some of my best stupidity is largely self-inflicted. :roll:

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Stolen 1-7-15 Returned 1-21-15

Post by BlacktopTravelr »

I guess the person doing the act is no longer responsible for their actions. If I rent an apartment listed on CraigsList and commit a murder in said apartment is CraigsList liable? :OhNo; Congress and society as a whole needs to start putting the blame where it belongs on the person committing the crime.

Now where am I going to find the lonely business ladies in town for the weekend that are looking for some fun? :blink:
:putput: (putt putt putt)
90 to 95% of my replies are for my own entertainment :space: :XmasTree:

KAJUN
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: HARLEY THE BIG MOTHER

Post by KAJUN »

BlacktopTravelr wrote:I guess the person doing the act is no longer responsible for their actions. If I rent an apartment listed on CraigsList and commit a murder in said apartment is CraigsList liable? :OhNo; Congress and society as a whole needs to start putting the blame where it belongs on the person committing the crime.

Now where am I going to find the lonely business ladies in town for the weekend that are looking for some fun? :blink:

Talk to JFL....seems he has that situation under control////
and please send us the results [emoji2]
The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.

Prodigal_Sun
Joined a 250cc Club

Post by Prodigal_Sun »

BlacktopTravelr wrote:I guess the person doing the act is no longer responsible for their actions. If I rent an apartment listed on CraigsList and commit a murder in said apartment is CraigsList liable? :OhNo; Congress and society as a whole needs to start putting the blame where it belongs on the person committing the crime.

I know you're just shootin' the sh*t but to be liable the ad would have to list "Apartment for rent: interested parties will be murdered." or even words to the effect of "Apartment for rent: Deluded paranoid schizophrenic seeking someone who can prove they are NOT an alien sent to kill me in my sleep. Must be comfortable with large collection of knives, and unsecured loaded firearms. Has to agree that meds are government mind-control devices"

I have a lot of opinions, some of them professional, some of them educated, most of them I just pulled out of my @$$

jeffcoslacker
Back on the Road
My Bike: Kugelblitz-Kriegshammer 2200

Post by jeffcoslacker »

Prodigal_Sun wrote:

I know you're just shootin' the sh*t but to be liable the ad would have to list "Apartment for rent: interested parties will be murdered." or even words to the effect of "Apartment for rent: Deluded paranoid schizophrenic seeking someone who can prove they are NOT an alien sent to kill me in my sleep. Must be comfortable with large collection of knives, and unsecured loaded firearms. Has to agree that meds are government mind-control devices"
where did you see my ad? :uhh:

JFL Live
Joined a 950cc Club

Post by JFL Live »

jeffcoslacker wrote:
where did you see my ad? :uhh:

It wasn't on craigslist... :lolfall:
_I"T"|[___|___]
[---T--L -OlllllllO-]
()_)"""()_)/"**")_)

Cuban
Bike out of hock
My Bike: Intruder

Post by Cuban »

Prodigal_Sun wrote: "Apartment for rent: interested parties will be murdered." or "Apartment for rent: Deluded paranoid schizophrenic seeking someone who can prove they are NOT an alien sent to kill me in my sleep. Must be comfortable with large collection of knives, and unsecured loaded firearms. Has to agree that meds are government mind-control devices"
jeffcoslacker wrote: Where did you see my ad? :uhh:
JFL Live wrote: It wasn't on craigslist... :lolfall:
The back pages of this rag... :shock:

JFL Live
Joined a 950cc Club

Post by JFL Live »

That's weird... the NAZI Dagger Girls just performed at the Civic Center about a month ago. :blink:
_I"T"|[___|___]
[---T--L -OlllllllO-]
()_)"""()_)/"**")_)

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

Prodigal_Sun wrote:

No seriously, the way I see it is if CL can be help responsible for an ad that is obviously an adult meet for sex ad but doesn't come right out and say it then they or any other company could be held responsible for whatever happens in an automobile, RV, travel trailer, apt., house ( I think you get the idea), that is sold on said ad. That would also mean Ford, Chevrolet or whatever manufacturer could be held responsible for accidents and/or deaths involving their products. This law has implications that go farther than what congress or the author intended. Anyone can be held responsible for the actions of another such as a home owner responsible for a kid that knocks a car window out with a rock thrown by the mower while mowing the lawn.
:bonk:

Prodigal_Sun
Joined a 250cc Club

Post by Prodigal_Sun »

Cuban wrote:
Prodigal_Sun wrote: "Apartment for rent: interested parties will be murdered." or "Apartment for rent: Deluded paranoid schizophrenic seeking someone who can prove they are NOT an alien sent to kill me in my sleep. Must be comfortable with large collection of knives, and unsecured loaded firearms. Has to agree that meds are government mind-control devices"
jeffcoslacker wrote: Where did you see my ad? :uhh:
JFL Live wrote: It wasn't on craigslist... :lolfall:
The back pages of this rag... :shock:

I got a subscription, for "life or 10 years" whichever is shorter
:lolfall:

Cuban
Bike out of hock
My Bike: Intruder

Post by Cuban »

JFL Live wrote: That's weird... the NAZI Dagger Girls just performed at the Civic Center about a month ago. :blink:
:bs:
Prodigal_Sun wrote: I got a subscription, for "life or 10 years" whichever is shorter.
:lolfall:

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

If he grabbed that dagger by the blade like that he doesn't have much chance on winning that battle. :bonk:

KAJUN
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: HARLEY THE BIG MOTHER

Post by KAJUN »

Try the local VFW ..... [emoji106] We have an old codger that frequents that establishment on a regular basis.....he swears he's getting more than he can handle.. [emoji106]
The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.

franktiregod
Joined a 900cc Club
My Bike: SUZUKI

Post by franktiregod »

Watch a few episodes of Snapped, Deadly Women, and Deadly Affairs. That should cure any desires for dating you might have.

I am happy here alone....watching Snapped, Deadly Women, and Deadly Affairs. :lmao:

navigator
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: VS800

Post by navigator »

franktiregod wrote:Watch a few episodes of Snapped, Deadly Women, and Deadly Affairs. That should cure any desires for dating you might have.

I am happy here alone....watching Snapped, Deadly Women, and Deadly Affairs. :lmao:
Don't forget Fatal Attraction.