Keep it civil
jeffcoslacker
Back on the Road
My Bike: Kugelblitz-Kriegshammer 2200

Makes me wanna scream

Post by jeffcoslacker »

"[Something unintelligible]"

"[Something unintelligible, but I caught the word "order"]"

Hi, I'd like the 3 piece chicken tenders meal.

"We outta tenders."

Seriously? OK, I'll have a chicken sandwich then.

"We ain't got that neither."

OK...what DO you have? [trying to fend off having to do this by attrition]

"Everythang but tenders and chicken patties."

OK...I'll have a fish Po' Boy with no onion please. And a Coke.

"We ain't got no Coke." [are you fucking serious, we're back to this?]

Pepsi?

"Yeah."

OK.

"Pull forward and [something unintelligible]"

[Debit card transaction, goes well enough]

"Here ya' food."

Cool, can I have my soda too?

"What kinda soda?"

:bang:

Pepsi please.

"We outta Pepsi..."

:hellfire: :bang: :bang: :bang:

Just...fuck it. Surprise me.

"Here" [Mountain Dew, coulda been worse]

Thank you.

"Uh huh."

Place opened a month or so ago. I predict it closes in a month or so too.

I'd like to be able to tell you the food sucked, but it was actually pretty good. But not good enough to do that dance every time. :donno:

BoDog
Joined a 450cc Club
My Bike: None anymore

Re: Makes me wanna scream

Post by BoDog »

Like Leo Getz always says......

HARRIS
FLAT TIRE!
My Bike: VS 800- HONDA VALKYRIE- MAGNA

Post by HARRIS »

AND ...
THE VOICE IS A 15.00 EMPLOYEE ....
Luck & Experience:
You start with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck

SuzyRidr2
Joined a 1000cc Club
My Bike: 2001 Suzuki VL1500

Post by SuzyRidr2 »

I despise being greeted with "heah'r tagoh" when I walk into a joint. I'd welcome Kiosks at all fast food restaurants. [space] :rock:
lovineveryminuteofit

FallenAngel
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: Suzuki Intruder 1400

Post by FallenAngel »

I just got home from visiting 2 fast food restaurants
The first was Jack in the Box
The last 3 times I have been there Iv been asked to place and order then after placing My order Im told that the computer is down it will be a half hour. Im guessing they gambled that I would order something from the heat rack I am not sure.
The second place was McDonald's I don't make a habit of going But I just wanted a sandwich
The voice on the speaker was a mixture of Silvester Stallone geto slang and white boy trying to sound black
Turns out he was cockashion and Im guessing no older then 18 I then go to the next window to pick up my order and a black kid hands it to me. I asked if the mustard was in the bag and I got a ya as he closed the window.

Courtesy is just out the window anymore since they increased the minimum wage Im not talking about just respecting others but courtesy that as a paying customer going thorough a drive through should get

Yes Just makes me want to scream

KAJUN
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: HARLEY THE BIG MOTHER

Post by KAJUN »

I do my best to stay away from fast food junk as much as possible....
The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: Road King

Post by RoadKing »

I get donuts late afternoon at the Dippin Donuts drive thru because the girl there is so cute and has the sweetest voice! As she hands me my double chocolate cakes I fantasize making her scream.
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury…
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Post by Designer »

FallenAngel wrote:I just got home from visiting 2 fast food restaurants
The last 3 times I have been there Iv been asked to place and order then after placing My order Im told that the computer is down it will be a half hour. Im guessing they gambled that I would order something from the heat rack I am not sure.
The second place was McDonald's I don't make a habit of going But I just wanted a sandwich
The voice on the speaker was a mixture of Silvester Stallone geto slang and white boy trying to sound black
Turns out he was cockashion and Im guessing no older then 18 I then go to the next window to pick up my order and a black kid hands it to me. I asked if the mustard was in the bag and I got a ya as he closed the window.

Courtesy is just out the window anymore since they increased the minimum wage Im not talking about just respecting others but courtesy that as a paying customer going thorough a drive through should get

I can see why you would want to cream...both you and Jeffcoslacker!

Such 'service' as you both experienced is astounding. It is just about the polar opposite of what a Business that wants you to come back again would provide. I take it you were interacting with persons under that age of 25, right?

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!

FallenAngel
Joined a 950cc Club

Post by FallenAngel »

Designer wrote:I can see why you would want to scream...both you and Jeffcoslacker!

Such 'service' as you both experienced is astounding. It is just about the polar opposite of what a Business that wants you to come back again would provide. I take it you were interacting with persons under that age of 25, right?
Correct

jeffcoslacker
Back on the Road

Post by jeffcoslacker »

Designer wrote:
FallenAngel wrote:I just got home from visiting 2 fast food restaurants

I can see why you would want to cream...both you and Jeffcoslacker!

Actually it was a woman, maybe 35-ish. I've said it a lot, I don't need to be overly coddled as a customer....but saying "Thank You" at the close of EVERY sale is just kind of the foundation of any business transaction. If you can't even muster that up, I probably won't be back much.

Very common around here is having your change or card and receipt thrust at you by a cashier that is not even looking at you because they are too busy telling the other cashier a story, and can't be bothered to break the suspense about what her homegirl did wid her baby daddy long enough to acknowledge you.

Sometimes I feel like I'm unfairly singling out black people, but I see them do things in business setting that just ASTOUND me, I can't figure out on what planet do you think this is acceptable?

Example:

Last week I was at the little grocery store near the house, one lane open at the registers. Two people behind me. I'd just gotten to the register after waiting through other customers.

Another employee was walking by, and the cashier said "Open ya register son, I gots ta go home."

So that guy opens the next lane. Two people behind me go over there. Then the cashier where I am picks up my stuff and walks over to the other lane, throws it on the belt behind the other people's shit, and turns his light off and walks away, presumably to go home.

WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK JUST HAPPENED HERE? :blink:

It's amazing. It's not just that it's wrong, but that they see no problem with it. If I complained or something, I'd be the cranky cracker they'd all be laughing about later. Or I'd be arrested for being a racist.

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: Road King

Post by RoadKing »

Use a metaphor here if I may... use the remote, if ya don’t like don’t look, huh?
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury…
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Post by Designer »

jeffcoslacker wrote: Actually it was a woman, maybe 35-ish. I've said it a lot, but I don't need to be overly coddled as a customer....but saying "Thank You" at the close of EVERY sale is just kind of the foundation of any business transaction. If you can't even muster that up, I probably won't be back much.

Very common around here is having your change or card and receipt thrust at you by a cashier that is not even looking at you because they are too busy telling the other cashier a story, and can't be bothered to break the suspense about what her homegirl did wid her baby daddy long enough to acknowledge you.

Sometimes I feel like I'm unfairly singling out black people, but I see them do things in business setting that just ASTOUND me, I can't figure out on what planet do you think this is acceptable?

Example:

Last week I was at the little grocery store near the house, one lane open at the registers. Two people behind me. I'd just gotten to the register after waiting through other customers.

Another employee was walking by, and the cashier said "Open ya register son, I gots ta go home."

So that guy opens the next lane. Two people behind me go over there. Then the cashier where I am picks up my stuff and walks over to the other lane, throws it on the belt behind the other people's shit, and turns his light off and walks away, presumably to go home.

It's amazing. It's not just that it's wrong, but that they see no problem with it. If I complained or something, I'd be the cranky cracker they'd all be laughing about later. Or I'd be arrested for being a racist.
Geezz-Louise! This is what you have to deal with?? :blink:

Truth be told, your outlines for what constitutes a professional personality when employees are dealing with the purchasing public are not unreasonable AT ALL. In fact, you ask the minimum, IMHO.

Don't tell me,..let me guess. Would the 35-ish cashier at the Drive-through in your first message would "identify" as an African-american? :uhh:

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!

FallenAngel
Joined a 950cc Club

Post by FallenAngel »

It is unreal how some customers are treated and by the type of people giving the poor service. I learned how to count back change Now their till tells them the correct change and I get the bills then the change on top and if I don't clamp my hand around it it falls all over. Or My favorite The cashier will toss my change on the counter instead of placing it my hand.

Had I done these things when I was younger or even today I would be out of a job.

jeffcoslacker
Back on the Road

Post by jeffcoslacker »

Designer wrote:
jeffcoslacker wrote: Actually it was a woman, maybe 35-ish. I've said it a lot, but I don't need to be overly coddled as a customer....but saying "Thank You" at the close of EVERY sale is just kind of the foundation of any business transaction. If you can't even muster that up, I probably won't be back much.

Example:

Geezz-Louise! This is what you have to deal with?? :blink:

Truth be told, your outlines for what constitutes a professional personality when employees are dealing with the purchasing public are not unreasonable AT ALL. In fact, you ask the minimum, IMHO.

Don't tell me,..let me guess. Would the 35-ish cashier at the Drive-through in your first message would "identify" as an African-american? :uhh:
Yeah. That's the majority of the population in this area...so it stands to reason that's who you're gonna deal with, primarily. But there are some very good examples as well. Very good. I love finding those and returning. I know it has to be tough trying to run a business around here and finding anyone who wants to work, much less quality employees...but when I find it, I give them as much biz as I can and send them more if possible. I was really hoping this would be one of those.

They'll get another chance. Everybody has an off day or a bad employee they need to replace. We'll see.

That grocery store, however, is a dump. I only go there when I'm almost home and remember I forgot something I really needed to get. I'm not wild about shopping in a place that feels the need to have armed security in the store all hours of business.

jeffcoslacker
Back on the Road

Post by jeffcoslacker »

KAJUN wrote:I do my best to stay away from fast food junk as much as possible....
This was actually pretty good. A nice sized catfish fillet with chopped lettuce (which I like much more than leaves or shredded), nice big slabs of fresh tomato, onions (if you want em, yuk), dill pickle slices, and tartar on the side. Nice fresh sandwich roll too. $5 for that and a soda, once we'd haggled it out [emoji2] Can't beat that, square mystery fish at McD's is almost $5 now...this was actually something appealing...

Looked very much like this one

jeffcoslacker
Back on the Road

Post by jeffcoslacker »

What really pisses me off is when people won't go to a place because of who runs/operates it.

One of my favorite places in the STL area is a little hole in the wall joint that sells Chicago-style dogs, gyros, and some other traditional middle-eastern comfort foods, kebobs, tabbouleh, hummus, etc. It's just the guy and his wife...I got the impression somewhere along the way that they are Syrian...she always wears the Hijab and has a voice that could crack glass. But she is also the most warm and friendly person you ever met. When she asks what you want to eat, then starts making it, she is happy, and you feel like your mom is making you your favorite meal. She always smiles and hands it to you with a kind of flourish I can't quite describe, it seems to indicate she is very proud of her cooking and knows you are going to like it. PRIDE. Very unusual, these days. The place is always spotlessly clean too.

Unfortunately, I know a lot of people who won't go there, simply because they are "ragheads"...their loss. Some of the finest food and service anywhere...

FallenAngel
Joined a 950cc Club

Post by FallenAngel »

I agree jeffcoslacker If the service is good and the product meets with My low standard I will return and tell others about an establishment.
But mostly because of the way I am treated as a customer.

JFL Live
Joined a 950cc Club

Post by JFL Live »

Kind of confirms my theory for the drive through's around here. Out of everyone working in the store, I think they take the person with the worst English or heaviest accent or fastest talker and give them the window job. I try to avoid any drive through or fast food in general. A few weeks ago we ate at McDonalds for lunch. I don't know what they fed me but it took a week to recover. Seriously, it did a number on my system. Probably a spider burger or something.

Woman finds spider in McDonald's chicken sandwich
_I"T"|[___|___]
[---T--L -OlllllllO-]
()_)"""()_)/"**")_)

You will ride eternal, shiny and chrome...

jeffcoslacker
Back on the Road

Post by jeffcoslacker »

FallenAngel wrote: The second place was McDonald's I don't make a habit of going But I just wanted a sandwich
I've run into the "registers are down" scenario quite a bit lately too. It's because everybody has their comm services bundled on internet companies, and when it goes down, you're in the dark ages. I'm not sure how smart it is, but it's becoming the norm.

Last place I worked our printers and phones and credit card machine all went through the same service, and routed through STL, then down to us. When the service would go down, we had no phones, no cataloging on the computers, no way to look anything up, and even the printers go offline, can't even print an invoice. Great situation when you're an on-demand auto parts warehouse, no? :bang: :bonk: Customers can't order online, and when they try to call you it won't go through.

I realized last year how fast the wheels would come off society when all this shit crashes. It was Friday, payday, and coming into a holiday weekend. I left at 3 pm, got early release and wanted to get a jump on the crowds.

Our stuff was down when I left. Then I tried to use my card for gas at two places...card readers down, no cards accepted inside. OK, I'll just use the ATM...and...nope, down too. Widespread internet outage I learned, any kind of POS terminal and ATM in most of town was out.

As I drove around trying to find a station that was taking plastic, I found nothing but progressively more crowded lots full of exasperated and hostile people angrily realizing that they couldn't get gas, money, or pay for anything, peeling away from pumps and saying mean things to cashiers. It was easy to see how if this went on for a few days, people would be beating each other to death, stealing gas and looting. :blink: I'm being facetious but not too much. It's not beyond the realm of possibility.

Anyway, you just gotta learn how to order:

[youtube][/youtube]

[emoji2]

navigator
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: VS800

Post by navigator »