Ship of Fools

Keep it civil
RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: Road King

Ship of Fools

Post by RoadKing »

Turned on tube yesterday. Wall to wall talkatalkatalka about Mark Schmuckburger; Stormy Daniels; Trump lawyer raided by FBI. Hysteria. And yet not a whole lotta concern we are on the edge of nuclear war. Damned fools. Turned off the tube.
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury…
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

navigator
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: VS800

Re: Ship of Fools

Post by navigator »

Turned on the radio, listened to "Ship of fools" by the Grateful Dead.
When the news came on, turned off the radio. :cheers:

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by RoadKing »

When I was a lad, my mom gave me a book titled Ship of Fools by Katherine Ann Porter. Profound read. Years later heard Jerry and The Boys perform a song same title. Didn’t have a tv so went to my girlfriend’s place and suckled her breasts.
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Concours 1400

Post by Tbeck »

On the verge of nuclear war? :lmao:

lonerider
Joined a 650cc Club
My Bike: vs1400

Post by lonerider »

Haven't you heard? The sky is falling! :lol:

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by RoadKing »

Like I said, ship of fools.
Signifying nothing”

KAJUN
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: HARLEY THE BIG MOTHER

Post by KAJUN »

I've heard both sides to this action we are taking in Syria.....In my humble opinion it's a no win situation..but it will not precipitate the advent of a nuclear war.....Russia and the US have way too much too lose by doing such a foolish act....
But there will be consequences... Putin will not let this go without an appropriator response..whether it be military, economic or unilateral.
Either way some folks are going to lose their lives, how many depends on Putin's response.

I'm glad that we now have a strong minded President...but I think he is taking his advisers too seriously......
yes, he was elected to protect Americans no matter where they may reside or stationed...... But Syria did not attack America....he did this to his own people..not the US....
Here we go again meddling into other people's bees wax.... where we have no great concern...we have enough problems at home, both socially and economically to be wasting precious resources in a third world shit hole like Syria.
This had nothing to do with "Making America Great Again"
The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.