I found the HARRIS key

Keep it civil
BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Stolen 1-7-15 Returned 1-21-15

I found the HARRIS key

Post by BlacktopTravelr »

ON MY CHROMEBOOK. Actually there is no CAPS LOCK key on the keyboard so you have to choose a key for that. :bang: I picked the search key that is in the same place the CAPS LOCK key would have been. I would have preferred a regular laptop with windows 7 on it, but I bought this POS instead thinking it was going to be almost the same except it would have Google Chrome as the default search engine. I never thought about it having Google Chrome OS as the operating system. :bonk: It takes a lot of relearning to just use this thing as it doesn't have a ethernet port, only 2 usb ports, no windows programs at all, and basically everything is done online in a cloud environment. There are no icons on the desktop. Everything is put in a place called launcher and you have to click on the launcher icon to open up the place where everything is. No windows apps of any kind on this POS notebook. I still haven't figured out how to turn the old wifi into a wifi extender, but it does connect to the wifi, the lady next door has, better than it did. I guess that is because it isn't raining like it was a few days ago. :clap: I got a lot of learning to do before I will have anything good to say about this chromebook. Hell, it will probably be time to buy a new laptop about then. :lolfall:
:putput: (putt putt putt)
90 to 95% of my replies are for my own entertainment :space: :XmasTree:

navigator
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: VS800

Re: I found the HARRIS key

Post by navigator »

MCkcsdl#$%^&ahdx356.

Sent from my Chromebook.

sgtcall
LICENSE SUSPENDED!
My Bike: Triumph Bonneville Speedmaster

Post by sgtcall »

Go to the Chrome Web Store and under extensions get the Office Online extension and add it to your Chrome book. It will allow you to work in MS Office as long as you have a Outlook, Hotmail or Live email address. You can also use your MS one drive to store and save documents.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/sear ... p-launcher

jonnycando
Joined a 850cc Club
My Bike: 1996 Suzuki Intruder

Post by jonnycando »

You don't want to use Windows apps...they will rot your brain. You can do everything in a Chromebook. Everything.

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

jonnycando wrote:You don't want to use Windows apps...they will rot your brain. You can do everything in a Chromebook. Everything.
hmm, I'm lucky I can get my chromebook to startup. Other than finding the HARRIS key I found out how to start a text file. :clap: [space] :lolfall:

HARRIS
FLAT TIRE!
My Bike: VS 800- HONDA VALKYRIE- MAGNA

Post by HARRIS »

SHOULDA CALLED ME ....
Luck & Experience:
You start with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

I DIDN'T WANT TO BOTHER YOU. [emoji106]