THOUGHTS

Keep it civil
HARRIS
FLAT TIRE!
My Bike: VS 800- HONDA VALKYRIE- MAGNA

THOUGHTS

Post by HARRIS »

Young people are out marching for gun control because they have never been taught this history.
A Little Gun History

In 1929, the Soviet Union established gun control. From 1929 to 1953, about 20 million dissidents, unable to defend themselves,
were rounded up and exterminated.
------------------------------

In 1911, Turkey established gun control. From 1915 to 1917, 1.5 million Armenians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up
and exterminated.

Germany established gun control in 1938 and from 1939 to 1945, a total of 13 million Jews and others who were unable to defend
themselves were rounded up and exterminated.

China established gun control in 1935. From 1948 to 1952, 20 million political dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were
rounded up and exterminated.

Guatemala established gun control in 1964. From 1964 to 1981, 100,000 Mayan Indians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up
and exterminated.

Uganda established gun control in 1970. From 1971 to 1979, 300,000 Christians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and
exterminated.

Cambodia established gun control in 1956. From 1975 to 1977, one million educated people, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
-----------------------------

Defenseless people rounded up and exterminated in the 20th Century because of gun control: 56 million.

You won't see this data on the US evening news, or hear politicians disseminating this information.
Guns in the hands of honest citizens save lives and property and, yes, gun-control laws adversely affect only the law-abiding citizens.
Take note my fellow Americans, before it's too late!
The next time someone talks in favor of gun control, please remind them of this history lesson.
With guns, we are 'citizens'. Without them, we are 'subjects'.

During WW II the Japanese decided not to invade America
because they knew most Americans were ARMED!

If you value your freedom, please spread this anti gun-control message to all of your friends.

The purpose of fighting is to win.
There is no possible victory in defense.
The sword is more important than the shield, and skill is more important than either.
The final weapon is the brain.
All else is supplemental.

Switzerland Issues Every Household A Gun!
Switzerland 'S Government Trains Every Adult They Issue A Rifle.
Switzerland Has The Lowest Gun Related Crime Rate Of Any Civilized Country In The World!!!

It's A No Brainer! Don't Let Our Government Waste Millions Of Our Tax Dollars In An Effort To Make All Law Abiding Citizens An Easy
Target.

I'm A Firm Believer In The
2nd Amendment!
If You Are Too, Please Forward.
Luck & Experience:
You start with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck

hillsy
Joined a 1200cc Club

Re: THOUGHTS

Post by hillsy »

HARRIS wrote:

Lol. Japan never had any intention of invading the US in WW2 - they were only interested in securing the Pacific trade routes. Bombing Pearl Harbour was an attempt to cripple the US Pacific naval fleet so they could conquer the Dutch East Indies, Malaya and, ultimately, the rest of Asia.

War was inevitable between the US and Japan because Japan wouldn't get out of China. The US was about to go to war with Japan anyway. Public opinion at the time was divided, but when Japan bombed Pearl Harbour it became unilateral in the support of engaging in war.

KAJUN
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: HARLEY THE BIG MOTHER

Post by KAJUN »

hillsy wrote:
HARRIS wrote:

Lol. Japan never had any intention of invading the US in WW2 - they were only interested in securing the Pacific trade routes. Bombing Pearl Harbour was an attempt to cripple the US Pacific naval fleet so they could conquer the Dutch East Indies, Malaya and, ultimately, the rest of Asia.

War was inevitable between the US and Japan because Japan wouldn't get out of China. The US was about to go to war with Japan anyway. Public opinion at the time was divided, but when Japan bombed Pearl Harbour it became unilateral in the support of engaging in war.

You are correct of course but Japan eventually would have invaded the US mainland if their master plan were successful to dominate the far east

There were several well-known attacks on the US.

Aleutian Islands Campaign
On June 6, two days after the bombing of Dutch Harbor, 500 Japanese marines landed on Kiska, one of the Aleutian Islands of Alaska...The next day, a total of 1,140 Japanese infantrymen landed on Attu via Holtz Bay, eventually reaching Massacre Bay and Chichagof Harbor...The invasion was only the second time that American soil had been occupied by a foreign enemy, the first being the British during the War of 1812.

Submarine operations:
During 1941 and 1942, more than 10 Japanese submarines operated in the West Coast, Alaska, and Baja California. They attacked American, Canadian, and Mexican ships, successfully sinking over 10 vessels including the Soviet Navy submarine L-16 on October 11, 1942.
The United States mainland was first shelled by the Axis on February 23, 1942 when the Japanese submarine I-17 attacked the Ellwood Oil Field west of Goleta, near Santa Barbara, California.
In what became the only attack on a mainland American military installation during World War II, the Japanese submarine I-25, under the command of Tagami Meiji,[26] surfaced near the mouth of the Columbia River, Oregon on the night of June 21 and June 22, 1942, and fired shells toward Fort Stevens.

Balloon bomb attacks
Japan released about 9,000 bomb-carrying balloons across the Pacific between November 1944 and April 1945. Hundreds if not thousands of these actually landed in North America. The program was suspended after Allied bombing took out Japanese hydrogen plants. The Japanese didn't have much way of knowing how effective the bombs were, but one did cause casualties.

On May 5, 1945, five children and local pastor Archie Mitchell's pregnant wife Elsie were killed as they played with the large paper balloon they'd spotted during a Sunday outing in the woods near Bly, Oregon—the only enemy-inflicted casualties on the U.S. mainland in the whole of World War II.

It is somewhat incorrect to assume that there was no attempt by Japan to attack the mainland. There were attacks. However, Japan focused its military forces on the two main fronts, China and South-East Asia and it couldn't afford another front at the time.
The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.

jeffcoslacker
Back on the Road
My Bike: Kugelblitz-Kriegshammer 2200

Post by jeffcoslacker »

My friend had a bumper sticker that summed this up...it just said Politicians Love Gun Control and had a Soviet hammer and sickle and Nazi swastika.

At a gas station this guy got so angry with him, because he had a swastika on his truck. The meaning of the message went right over his pin head. All he understood was that there was a swastika on my friend's truck. He called him all kinds of hateful stuff. He wanted to fight, actually. My friend calmly said "Critical thinking is a bitch, huh?" :lmao:

Guy kept ranting, even as he got in his Mercedes. My friend yelled "At least I didn't buy a CAR from 'em, asshole!!"

:lolfall: People are hilarious.

jeffcoslacker
Back on the Road

Post by jeffcoslacker »

I can't find it, but it was similar to this

jeffcoslacker
Back on the Road

Post by jeffcoslacker »

PS these chain emails always start off with a rational enough message, but then deteriorate as they go along, as people have added their own uninformed or downright psychotic ideas to them. It's a good idea to proofread and edit before sending them along. And if you're in doubt, it means you don't have a good grasp on the subject either. Do some reading before forwarding ANY of it. [emoji106] Just because it says what you'd like to be true doesn't make it true.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Post by Designer »

KAJUN wrote:
hillsy wrote: Lol. Japan never had any intention of invading the US in WW2 - they were only interested in securing the Pacific trade routes.
There were several well-known attacks on the US.

Aleutian Islands Campaign
On June 6, two days after the bombing of Dutch Harbor, 500 Japanese marines landed on Kiska, one of the Aleutian Islands of Alaska...The next day, a total of 1,140 Japanese infantrymen landed on Attu via Holtz Bay, eventually reaching Massacre Bay and Chichagof Harbor...The invasion was only the second time that American soil had been occupied by a foreign enemy, the first being the British during the War of 1812.

Submarine operations:
During 1941 and 1942, more than 10 Japanese submarines operated in the West Coast, Alaska, and Baja California. They attacked American, Canadian, and Mexican ships, successfully sinking over 10 vessels including the Soviet Navy submarine L-16 on October 11, 1942.
The United States mainland was first shelled by the Axis on February 23, 1942 when the Japanese submarine I-17 attacked the Ellwood Oil Field west of Goleta, near Santa Barbara, California.
In what became the only attack on a mainland American military installation during World War II, the Japanese submarine I-25, under the command of Tagami Meiji,[26] surfaced near the mouth of the Columbia River, Oregon on the night of June 21 and June 22, 1942, and fired shells toward Fort Stevens.

Balloon bomb attacks
Japan released about 9,000 bomb-carrying balloons across the Pacific between November 1944 and April 1945. Hundreds if not thousands of these actually landed in North America. The program was suspended after Allied bombing took out Japanese hydrogen plants. The Japanese didn't have much way of knowing how effective the bombs were, but one did cause casualties.

On May 5, 1945, five children and local pastor Archie Mitchell's pregnant wife Elsie were killed as they played with the large paper balloon they'd spotted during a Sunday outing in the woods near Bly, Oregon—the only enemy-inflicted casualties on the U.S. mainland in the whole of World War II.

It is somewhat incorrect to assume that there was no attempt by Japan to attack the mainland. There were attacks.
Ouch! :blink: [space] Man,...that's gotta sting! :lmao:

There's nothing like FACTUAL REALITY to defeat what any left-wing liberal... **feels**...what they want it to be. :naughty:

And do take notice! [space] little hillsy-boy totally ignores all the OTHER factual realities about Gun Control that Harris pointed out!
You know,..the ones that blow his little mind?...about the Soviet Union,..Turkey,..Germany,..China,..Guatemala,..Uganda,..and Cambodia?

I wonder why? :lol:

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!

jeffcoslacker
Back on the Road

Post by jeffcoslacker »

I believe the issue at hand was "invasion"...not sporadic attacks on peripheral real estate and unguided bombs that mostly went into the ocean.

Let's stick to the parameters before declaring victory here, K?

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

Sorry but,...by definition,...what Japan did In Alaska WAS an invasion.

Merriam-Webster: Definition of invasion
1 : an act of invading; especially : incursion of an army for conquest or plunder

And I'm sure you would agree that had it been successful, they certainly would have continued further invasions after making a successful foothold.
Why would they not?

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS

wally w
Passed the Circle Test
My Bike: 1987 VS700

Post by wally w »

Civil War? We'll need uniforms otherwise one could accidently kill a good guy with a gun.

jeffcoslacker
Back on the Road

Post by jeffcoslacker »

Designer wrote:Sorry but,...by definition,...what Japan did In Alaska WAS an invasion.

Merriam-Webster: Definition of invasion
1 : an act of invading; especially : incursion of an army for conquest or plunder

And I'm sure you would agree that had it been successful, they certainly would have continued further invasions after making a successful foothold.
Why would they not?
Those islands were incorporated territory, not actual parts of the US technically. Mostly because at the time they were considered useless scraps of largely uninhabitable and strategically useless land in the Arctic.

The Japanese didn't think we'd defend them as capably as we did and cede the territory, and when we fought for it they gave up on the idea, which originally was to see if they could enhance their control of shipping in the Northern Pacific using Attu and another island as bases. But it was a half-hearted effort for an objective that was ultimately not that important to them at the time.

And no, in this case I do not see them having any delusions about island-hopping their way to the mainland. Little widespread South Pacific islands with ready-made labor conscript populations and favorable weather are far different to occupy and improve than inhospitable outcrops of rock and ice in an area of horrific weather conditions and your enemy having ample resources just a few hundred miles away. That was never gonna happen. They essentially just wanted to see if we were gonna let that one slip. But again, it had relatively no military importance. The goal was to gain control over shipping routes.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

jeffcoslacker wrote:PS these chain emails always start off with a rational enough message, but then deteriorate as they go along, as people have added their own uninformed or downright psychotic ideas to them. It's a good idea to proofread and edit before sending them along. And if you're in doubt, it means you don't have a good grasp on the subject either. Do some reading before forwarding ANY of it. [emoji106] Just because it says what you'd like to be true doesn't make it true.
Good advice to heed.

I do what you do,....proof read and edit out the stuff that I find that isn't correct.
jeffcoslacker wrote:Those islands were incorporated territory, not actual parts of the US technically. Mostly because at the time they were considered useless scraps of largely uninhabitable and strategically useless land in the Arctic.
Well, I don't want to get into an argument here with you. But consider, Though Alaska,..and thus that island,...was not a state, Alaska was purchased in 1867 by U.S. Secretary of State William Seward. And thus, it was American soil. Similarly, but not exactly, Much as an American Embassy is considered American Soil in other countries, an invasion made on that soil IS considered an invasion on America. And I found this out,...the Japanese occupied Two Alaskan islands, :blink: ......Attu and Kiska, for 15 months.
jeffcoslacker wrote:... Mostly because at the time they were considered useless scraps of largely uninhabitable and strategically useless land in the Arctic.

But the Deep Water Harbor at Dutch Harbor was considered strategic. So much so that the U S military set up a Base there,...both Army and Navy were involved.
jeffcoslacker wrote:..The Japanese didn't think we'd defend them as capably as we did and cede the territory, and when we fought for it they gave up on the idea, which originally was to see if they could enhance their control of shipping in the Northern Pacific using Attu and another island as bases. But it was a half-hearted effort for an objective that was ultimately not that important to them at the time.

I'm sorry, but to consider the Invasion using Two (2) Aircraft Carriers, Twenty Aircraft and over 1,500 troops doesn't come across and Halfhearted to me. Especially given it was done during an ongoing Full Out War.

I haven't found anything that says this invasion was meant to improve shipping either. Could you please show us where you get this information please?

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: Road King

Post by RoadKing »

wally w wrote:Civil War? We'll need uniforms otherwise one could accidently kill a good guy with a gun.
Nope. Gonna keep trying here... in the next civil war the bad guy will be the one trying to eat your food and steal your home.
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury…
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

jeffcoslacker
Back on the Road

Post by jeffcoslacker »

Designer wrote:
I haven't found anything that says this invasion was meant to improve shipping either. Could you please show us where you get this information please?
Kiska had a total of like 10 of our guys on it when the Japanese showed up. More of an eviction than an occupation. Our territory yeah. I think they felt like pushing a bit and see how serious we were about that.

No, I'm sorry, I can't point you to a specific source, just the amalgam of what I've read and heard over the years left me with the impression that Japan's entire beef with us was largely centered on wanting us to stay on "our" side of the Pacific, and stop interfering with their regional ambitions, which, among other things, included the shipping trade in much of the Pacific.

They resented the presence of another capable Navy in the same waters as well. Pearl Harbor was a big gamble, and many Japanese who understood our industrial/military potential felt that it was terribly short-sighted and would simply "awaken a sleeping giant", which it did.

Some never did grasp this until the end. I read long ago the memoirs of a Japanese military officer who said that he and others like him spent WWII in disbelief of how much manpower and equipment we were throwing at them.

It wasn't until he witnessed an American bomber group headed to bomb the mainland, and saw more B-29's in ONE bombing raid than their intel said we even possessed, that he realized their assessments of our capabilities were just flat wrong.

Anyhow I do not feel that invasion and occupation of America was ever their goal, beyond some disputed rocks. The scenario posed originally here, the one in question, before the subject drift, was that they declined to follow through because of armed civilian Americans. Which is complete bollocks.

hillsy
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by hillsy »

Designer wrote:
Ouch! :blink: [space] Man,...that's gotta sting! :lmao:

There's nothing like FACTUAL REALITY to defeat what any left-wing liberal... **feels**...what they want it to be. :naughty:

And do take notice! [space] little hillsy-boy totally ignores all the OTHER factual realities about Gun Control that Harris pointed out!
You know,..the ones that blow his little mind?...about the Soviet Union,..Turkey,..Germany,..China,..Guatemala,..Uganda,..and Cambodia?

I wonder why? :lol:
Again with the stupid? I don't know exactly what you think is supposed to "sting" - seeing as what I said hasn't been refuted. The Japanese had no intention of invading the US - and certainly not because they feared the people were armed.

The other facts? Well, lets pick another dumb claim....

"Switzerland issues every household with a gun" False.

http://factmyth.com/factoids/switzerlan ... -own-guns/

You wanna come back for some more?

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

hillsy wrote:....Again with the stupid? I don't know exactly what you think is supposed to "sting" - seeing as what I said hasn't been refuted. The Japanese had no intention of invading the US - and certainly not because they feared the people were armed.
Dance, Dance, Dance! :lmao: [space] Will just look at little hillsy dance!

Hey little hillsy-boy! [space] I didn't mention that...I mentioned THESE:
Designer wrote:And do take notice! [space] little hillsy-boy totally ignores all the OTHER factual realities about Gun Control that Harris pointed out!
What?....your eyes failing you? Why are you ignoring those, little hillsy,.....Why?

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

Hey little hillsy-boy! Listen up!

The "Sting" that you have experienced is that the Japanese DID invade America.....on TWO (2) islands ...soil we OWNED.

Using TWO (2) Aircraft Carriers,...TWENTY (20) Aircraft,..and over ONE THOUSAND-SIX HUNDRED (1,600) SOLDIERS!

You are just too ignorant to accept that. Poor you.

hillsy
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by hillsy »

Designer wrote:Hey little hillsy-boy! Listen up!

The "Sting" that you have experienced is that the Japanese DID invade America.....on TWO (2) islands ...soil we OWNED.

Using TWO (2) Aircraft Carriers,...TWENTY (20) Aircraft,..and over ONE THOUSAND-SIX HUNDRED (1,600) SOLDIERS!

You are just too ignorant to accept that. Poor you.
Fucking Alaska? :lmao: The Japanese were just looking for an empty fridge....

By that logic I suppose Britain was invaded by Argentina when they walked into the Falkland Islands back in 82.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

:funnylast: Dancing little hillsy-boy. [space] Dancing.

You do know that your little "act" of trying to ignore the facts presented to you and posting the evasional tripe only reflects poorly on you,....and your ability to discuss and issue as would a Sensible, Reasonable Adult would.

The Deep Water Harbor at Dutch Harbor was considered strategic. So much so that the U S military set up a Base there,...both Army and Navy were involved installing a Base there as early as 1941.

Your Ignorance is on full display again. [space] Don't you have ANY self respect? :blink:

FallenAngel
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: Suzuki Intruder 1400

Post by FallenAngel »

I found this on You Tube short and entertaining
[youtube][/youtube]
Lounger and more informative I think it was a military training film
The Defense of Alaska
[youtube][/youtube]
Forgotten History Japanese invasion of Alaska